Gusmith for a pin and weld?

Here's some food for thought. You guys are getting pin jobs done that are so good you can't see them. What's the difference in that and no pin job? Or just locktite? Or a hole only through the comp sleeve filled with silver solder?

I realize the correct answer is that only a true pin and weld are "legal." But given what's going on up there lately I'm not sure I would care much.

Under what scenario is somebody going to try to wrench the comp off of your rifle to make sure it is actually pinned? And if you are in that scenario aren't you probably in a big world of hurt about something else anyway?
I get what you're saying, but like I said, I'd rather a pin job I can't see, over a pin job that looks like a pissed off 5 year old hammered a nail through.

If the FFL I'm going through won't let it leave the shop unpinned, then that's the way it is. In my case, can't build a Tavor from scratch, so the one it comes with has to be pinned.

The barrel bought later though... [wink]

My guy, this dude wants to pin someshit in NH, it's not my fault he had everyone assuming his ass was in Mass.
FukOutta Hea lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad. I didn't realize, or even think it was possible, that somebody in NH would be looking to pin and weld a comp. I'm backing out of this thread right now.

pinning and welding is done all over, especially on ar15s to get the m4 look and stay at 16 inches or in aks where depending on parts kits your barrels a little short.

I don't think he be pinning anything if he lived in NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In free states, it's not uncommon to pin and weld a flash hider to a barrel to bring it's length over 16" so that it can be used on a shoulder fired weapon without concern over NFA registration or violations.

sorry shoudd have been more clear I'm in dover nh

- - - Updated - - -

reason for it is i want to build an ak but kit i want is a 14 inch barrel so brake needs pinning to make legal

Sorry, my bad. Reading comprehension fail. Spent 12 hours on the road today in my defense. Carry on.

Diesel, did you ever find a shop? I'm looking for one myself now just north of the border. I need to drill and swap my current device out for another. Anyone know of a decent shop, maybe one that works while you wait if they aren't busy?

Back
Top Bottom