Gunsmiths dealing with AK style platforms.

I have a PSL I want to a qualified gunsmith look at and see if anything is wrong with it. I haven't fired it yet but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Preferably in Northeast MA or Southeast NH. Any ideas?

I'm not a legit smith but but I've been building one from a kit a and one from making parts from scratch .

I can look over it . Only thing you got to worry about is the head space which is easy to check .

Flintoid is banned . You won't find smiths that know much about then around here .
If you want me to check it out ill do it for free and we can hit your range .

How many mags did you get ?

I'm not a legit smith but but I've been building one from a kit a and one from making parts from scratch .

I can look over it . Only thing you got to worry about is the head space which is easy to check .

Flintoid is banned . You won't find smiths that know much about then around here .
If you want me to check it out ill do it for free and we can hit your range .

How many mags did you get ?

I got two 10 round mags w/ a scope. I am a member of the MRA so we can hit up there at some point next week. If there is a head spacing issue how easy is that to fix?

I got two 10 round mags w/ a scope. I am a member of the MRA so we can hit up there at some point next week. If there is a head spacing issue how easy is that to fix?

You pull the barrel pin adjust it and then pin it with a bigger pin. You need a press to move the barrel . Backing it out take more work.

there is nothing gunsmithy here, if you are worried, a simple headspace check would work for starters. If round is chambered and locked, it's pretty hard to blow it up otherwise. Everything else is secondary, like smooth action, feeding etc. should not have any booms. There's got to be people close to you with go-nogo gages. If you intend to shoot 54r, you may get them from any major online store, they are around 100$ and good thing to have for the future if 54r is in it.

Ive built two PSLs, and they are both fine. I have gauges if you would like to borrow them.

If headspace is out of whack, theres the real way to fix and the quick/cheating way. Real way would be to remove pin, re-headspace barrel, drill oversized pin hole, and insert new pin. Cheating way is to mess around with the bolt.

Make sure the first time you fire it do not load the magazine with more than 2 rounds.....in case it has a problem in the firing mechanism and it goes full auto on you...

start with one, then try 2...gradually work your way up to a full magazine...

Ask me how I know this.......and yes, with a PSL...luckily I had only 2 rounds in the Magazine,,,turned out to be due to trying to use one of the Red Star Arms adjustable fire control triggers....converted back to the original and worked fine.

Interesting, i have a RSA adjustable in one of mine, set for single stage and its never run on for me. You may have had it adjusted too light and it keep slipping. Glad you and those around you are still here to tell the story.

Interesting, i have a RSA adjustable in one of mine, set for single stage and its never run on for me. You may have had it adjusted too light and it keep slipping. Glad you and those around you are still here to tell the story.

I plan to use one of these on my builds. I know it looks ugly but do you like the way it works. The other buikd I need to make my own since it's a heavy barrel .

Back
Top Bottom