1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Gunsmithing Services

Discussion in 'G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms' started by G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms., Mar 19, 2016.

1. defenestron

defenestron

Hey Tim!

I sent you an email a few weeks ago regarding taking a look at my recently obtained Finnish M39 but have not heard back. Lemme know if I should resend the email or PM you directly if it got lost in the shuffle.

Cheers!

2. Squib308

Squib308 NES Member

just call him dude.

3. defenestron

defenestron

Will do.

4. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms. Dealer

hey gang! We check our email every single day. I just went through all the old messages, and I have not received anything in the last 90 days about an M39. You must have sent it to the wrong address. Come by the shop or give us a call if you would like to bring it down. Please be aware that we are currently SLAMMED with work, and it will be several weeks before we will be able to get a diagnostic job on a milsurp rifle.

- Tim Gostling
    G&N Gunsmithing
    (508) 404-9075

1 person likes this.
  5. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

Hey Gang! Just a quick update, we have to do our yearly prostate exam with the IRS tomorrow. G&N will be closed from 1pm to 4 pm tomorrow (Friday 3/23) to help our accountant make his boat payment. We will be in the shop all day prior to and after this appointment. If you need to come down tomorrow, please try and visit us between 10am - 1pm, or from 4pm - 7pm. Sorry in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. We will be open 10-5 on Saturday if you need to see us this week and cant meet our hours tomorrow. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

-Tim & Steve

1 person likes this.
  6. wahsben

wahsben NES Life Member NES Member

Tim & Steve did a great job on an install of a Ruger MK IV Volquartsen trigger kit for me. Thank you Tim & Steve!

2 people like this.
  7. Bostonbravesfan

Bostonbravesfan NES Member

just wanted to say thanks to Tim for the full clean, trigger work and sight install he did on my G26. top notch has earned all of my future business

1 person likes this.
  8. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

Hey Gang! Just a quick update, G&N will be closing for a few days at the end of this month. Gunsmiths need vacations too, and we are headed to the Rockies for some well needed R & R. Our last day in the shop will be Friday June 30th at 7 pm. We will be re-opening Tuesday July 11th at 10 am. We will not be returning calls or emails during this time period, and there will be NO WORK accepted or returned during this time period. Gartman Arms is a separate business, and they do not have access to our customers firearms.

We are typically booking work 2 - 3 weeks out. If you need service completed before our vacation, come and see us this week. Please note that jobs submitted after this week may not be completed before we close. As always, feel free to call/email/PM with any questions or concerns. We wish you all a happy and safe Fourth of July, and we thank you all for your continued patronage and support.

- Tim & Steve

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  9. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

Hello NES. We apologize for the short notice, but our Sister store Gartman Arms will be closed this week Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We will be unable to accept any customers during this time period. If you cannot make it today or tomorrow, please come see us next Tuesday when we resume normal business hours. Feel free to call or email with any questions.

- Tim & Steve

1 person likes this.
  10. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

Hey Gang, just a quick update. The gunsmiths have survived their vacation, and are back in New England. We will be back to normal hours on Tuesday July 11th, and will do our best to maintain them all summer. We apologize to anyone who came by to see us while we were out of town. Come by next week and we will get you taken care of! Hope everyone is enjoying this sunny weather, and having a good safe shooting season. To those of you who have not had a chance to shoot with us yet this year, we are going to do our best to make it to the upcoming USPSA matches in Harvard, Hopkinton, Bradford, and Monson. We also train at SIG several times a year. If any customers (or perspective customers) are interested in shooting/carpooling from the South Shore drop us a PM! Thanks and have a great weekend NES.

- Tim & Steve

3 people like this.
  11. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

Hey Gang, just a quick reminder: We will be closed all day on Thursday July 27th for training at SIG Academy. We will be in the shop tomorrow (wed 7/26) from 10-5, Friday 10-7, and Saturday 10-5. As always, we are closed Sundays and Mondays. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Feel free to call or email with any questions.

- Tim & Steve

1 person likes this.
  12. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

This just in: We will be closed all day Friday 8/11/2017 for a Gartman Arms wedding! We will be in all day tomorrow (8/10/2017 10am-7pm) and Saturday (8/12/2017 10am-5pm). Feel free to call or email us if you have any questions.

- Tim & Steve

1 person likes this.
  13. GLOCKYOU2

GLOCKYOU2 NES Member

HI Tim could you tell me how much to Cerakote camo my slide and taran 2 ext mag extension in three color camo black grey and whitish and polish my barrel on a Glock 43 and what would be the turn around time

14. Squib308

Squib308 NES Member

another shout out to Tim for stellar cerakote job, barrel exchange and pin/weld work. as usual every looks fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  15. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

Hello New England. From one Vet to a whole bunch of others, thank you for your service, and Happy Veteran's Day. We take it for granted these days, but we Americans have great privileges and freedoms because of the costs you and those before you paid, and continue to pay. Also, Happy belated birthday to my Marine Brothers. Semper Fi, and here is to 242 more years of being the world's premiere fighting force. We are lucky to have you.

As always, additional thanks to all of our loyal customers, in MA and around the country. Your continued patronage and support allows us to pursue our passion and to keep providing you all with top notch repair, refinishing, and custom firearms services. Despite the state government's best efforts, we are incredibly lucky to be in a market so with many great customers and friends. We will have some new pictures of recent shop projects to post in the coming weeks, as well as another contest/raffle this Winter. Stay tuned, and contact us about your next gun project soon!

- Tim Gostling

G&N Gunsmithing
    570 Washington Street
    Wrentham, MA 02093
    (508) 404-9075

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    rogues, Len-2A Training and appraiser like this.
  16. ILikeGlocks

ILikeGlocks NES Member

Need to throw a little more love for Tim's work. He did some milling for me and fixed my butchered attempt to do it myself.

Hard to find a gunsmith that is both fair & passionate about their work, Tim is that guy.

17. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

To Our Valued Customers,

We are expecting 14"+ of snow in Wrentham tomorrow (Thursday 1/4/2018), high winds, sub zero temperatures, and white-out blizzard conditions. We will be closed all day for the safety of our staff and customers. We are planning on being open normal hours 10-7 on Friday and 10-5 on Saturday unless otherwise noted. Our sister retail store, Gartman Arms, will be observing the same closure schedule. Feel free to email or call with any questions, and be safe out there!

- Tim & Steve

18. G&N Gunsmithing at Gartman Arms.

Hey Gang! Hope everyone is enjoying this nice weather and has been able to get some shooting in. Just a few quick updates: The town is installing new fire hydrants on Rt. #1, and there is substantial traffic due to the highway equipment working. We are down to one lane on our stretch for a few days, and there are traffic cones in front of the shop, but we are open! Please drive carefully if you come to visit us in the next two weeks.

We will also be closing early this Saturday 5/26/18 at 2:30 PM so we can spend the Holiday weekend with our families. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but if you need to see us please try and come before then.

Lastly, we are now offering colored anodizing services on aluminum components. We have 10+ colors to choose from, to give your AR or aluminum framed handgun a sweet new metallic finish. We have some samples in the shop you can check out next time you are here. As always, feel free to email or call with any questions!

- Tim & Steve

19. Paul455

Paul455 NES Member

Tim did a great trigger job on my Ruger GP100.

Highly recommended!

20. rep308

rep308 NES Member

Tim has worked on 20+ of my firearms and has always done great work. PM me if you want specifics but he is my go to gunsmith.

richc likes this.
  21. Paul455

Paul455 NES Member

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Worth the drive if you are not close.