gunsmith

hi would like to know if there is a gunsmith that does work on remington 700's. i am trying to find someone local to build an m40a3.
i would need action blueprinted and milled for a lugged scope base, barrel threaded and chambered, and stock glass bedded

hi would like to know if there is a gunsmith that does work on remington 700's. i am trying to find someone local to build an m40a3.
i would need action blueprinted and milled for a lugged scope base, barrel threaded and chambered, and stock glass bedded
It would probably be cheaper to buy a,M40a3 from one of the places marketing them.

Do you have the Mcmillian stock and Scheinder barrel already?
Are you just looking to make a clone?

As an assembled rifle?
My friend sent his receiver, barrel bolt and badger mount stock to USMC Mil-Spec - C&H Precision Weapons
I want to say it was $2k all said and done.
Think he used a douglas barrel ?
No idea what he used for a trigger but its nice crisp and light but not silly light.
not Assembled, hence needing gunsmith. got a quote for a year and 1400 to do the work from ravensrifles, heard great things about his work but a years wait is a quite a time for what I’ve heard Is a weeks work.

not Assembled, hence needing gunsmith. got a quote for a year and 1400 to do the work from ravensrifles, heard great things about his work but a years wait is a quite a time for what I’ve heard Is a weeks work.
well you have not done much work with gunsmiths then? a year for high end work I would say is the norm. Maybe buy the $1500 to $2000 worth of tools and books and build it out yourself ?
Your looking at a year to buy one if ordered from one of the M40a3 boutiques out there, no?

Thats because they stack the work racks deep so they are working all the time.
If it takes a week for 1 guy to bang out a rifle and he has 30 plus jobs ahead of you it takes time.
If your building off a Remington Factory receiver and not a expensive after market , i would be tempted to by the tools. I would also forgo the lugged scope mount for now.

I’ve never used him. I got his name from some other site. he builds precision rifles. I bought a defiance machine receiver 4 month wait and a prefit barrel. He’s doing to install the barrel for me.
I'm going with a impact action. If I go with a prefit barrel it's looks easy enough to install yourself with a action wrench and barrel vice. I think the defiance action is similar in style to install? Not sure what he charges? The four month wait would have me trying to see if I could get it done myself with a prefit.

I’ve never used him. I got his name from some other site. he builds precision rifles. I bought a defiance machine receiver 4 month wait and a prefit barrel. He’s doing to install the barrel for me.
this really looks nice, I am hard pressed to spend that kind of money. I would most likely by a savage/scope combo for the price of one of these
1587265914794.png

I'm going with a impact action. If I go with a prefit barrel it's looks easy enough to install yourself with a action wrench and barrel vice. I think the defiance action is similar in style to install? Not sure what he charges? The four month wait would have me trying to see if I could get it done myself with a prefit.
they look nice also, they have rifles ready to ship if you want 6.5cm

they look nice also, they have rifles ready to ship if you want 6.5cm
I'm already sitting on a MPA chassis and Trigger tech Diamond trigger. Just scraping together the rest of the cash to finish the build. If wait times from a Gunsmith are way out to spin up a barrel, I'll just do a prefit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom