Gunsmith

NES Member
Some of the listed are from web searches, I added the ones that advertise services on their website.
Some may not have in-house repair.

Ag Guns & Ammo
Lowell, MA 978-452-8450

Gun and Sport North
Lawrence, MA 978-689-2722

LaRocca Gun Works, Inc.
Worcester, MA 508-754-2887

Greg Derr Precision
[email protected]
Marshfield, MA 781-834-3225

Pete's Gun Shop
Adams, Massachusetts 413-743-0780

SANTURRI LTD.
401-726-1310

Classic Armorer
Gunnery Sergeant Mike Stevens
Ret. Gunnery Sergeant U.S. Marine Corp
161 Thorndike Rd. Weare, NH 03281
Phone: (603)529-4557
[email protected]
www.classicarmorer.com

Edited to add list

Know of a good one, bad one, Looking for info on one?
Add Town/Contact info/Website for Gunsmith's or PM me
Can someone make this a sticky? Or possibly it's own forum?

Last edited:
Sticky made. Don't think there is a need for a separate forum, this one is suitable.

As for who? Depends on what you need done, not all work on all sort of guns or are as good on all types.

Greg Derr is a forum member and gunsmith (specialty seems to be pistols), PO Box 879, Marshfield, MA 02050, 781-834-3225, [email protected]

I've never done business with Greg but have heard good things about his work over the years.

Greg Derr Precision -- A Great Local Gunsmith

My excellent local gunsmith is Greg Derr of Greg Derr Precision. His shop is located in Marshfield, MA. The phone number at the shop is 781-837-9838.

Greg is a former Olympic pistol competitor and regularly competes at Camp Perry.

I have had him do a number of trigger jobs, revolver cylinder chamferings, sight replacements, and various other repairs and improvements.

Greg does outstanding work, and offers reasonable prices. He is aces in my book.

Darius,

Greg joined here but has been scarce lately.

Any chance you can convince him to post to the Dealer Forum here, listing some of his services, turn-around, Ts & Cs, etc.?

LenS said:
Darius,

Greg joined here but has been scarce lately.

Any chance you can convince him to post to the Dealer Forum here, listing some of his services, turn-around, Ts & Cs, etc.?

Probably because he has been working on some of my guns -- three this week.

I will contact him and ask him to post a brief bio of his services.

--Darius

Any recommendation on a possible gunsmith in So. NH or ME?

Looking to get a 6" bull-barrel AMT Lightning cut back a bit, and re-crowned.

Screamin Beagle -

Thanks for the info! My plans for this pistol have changed since 10 days ago, but I'll certainly give Gulf Of Maine Gunsmithing a call for my next project!

The number given for Greg Derr at the top is his personal number. Just called him :) They thought I was selling something. It should probably be changed to his shop number.

Great Gunsmithy in Rohobeth Mass

Ron Barros of RJ Sales is one of the good ones. As a former police oficer and competitive shooter he knows how to conversate and work with new shooters, olde war horse shooters-hunters, and military (Special Ops). Ron has done allot of work on local police depts firearms (including full auto weapons). Give him a call at (508)252-6078 even just to run some problem past him.[smile]

Ron's still around?

Please post his Email address and website if he has one.

Also, please tell Ron to join us here.

Ron's a real good guy, and I missed him when he dropped out of the gun show circuit. Last time I tried to contact him (a few years ago) the Email bounced and the phone number I had did too. [I don't know anything about his gunsmithing skills however.]

Ron's still around 'Alive And Kicking'

Yes, Ron's around give him a call. Ron has been buisy- you know life gets in the way of fun and gunshows. He's still tweeking 1911's; built a custom 1911 that shoots both 38 super and a second barrel for a 9mm. If you remember how sticky he is for details, you know that gun will shoot a sub 2 inches at 25 yards.[grin]

Strickland's Gunsmith & Shop 27 Myricks St. (rt 79) Berkley, Ma. 508-880-2858

Kind of a sketchy place but a good all-around gunsmith for mil-surp rifles. Plus, they do sell some great mil-surp rifles in excellent condition at fair prices. Ammo prices are good as well.

Colt Jr.

I have a Colt Jr 25 use to be great now will not take the round off the mag. Sometimes on loading some times in the middle of rounds.

Any good smiths in the Dedham MA area for that.

I have a Colt Jr 25 use to be great now will not take the round off the mag. Sometimes on loading some times in the middle of rounds.

Any good smiths in the Dedham MA area for that.

Dave Santurri is close. He's one row over from NET.

Anybody know anything about Jeff Ashe / Harvard Gunsmithing? The guys at Blue Northern recommended him to me but I wondered if anybody else had ever used him.

If anyone is looking for a great gunsmith in the MetroWest area, Sergey Lyalko of Rustblue Gunsmithing in Natick is the person to call. If you own a surplus AK or SKS, Sergey might have worked on it when he was a gunsmith in the Russian Army. He is a great individual as well as gunsmith. Recommend him for all my clients. He can be reached at 508-652-0081, Cell:508-904-4044 or e-mail [email protected].

Has anyone heard of "K.L. Hooton Gunsmithing" ???

The guys at Tombstone told me about him but I haven't heard anything about him.

Just wondering how good he is.

State Line Gun Shop, Rt. 31 & 124, Mason, NH (603) 878-2854. We repair over 1000 guns a year, and have 3 gunsmiths on staff. During our business hours, we can normally do minor repairs and maintenance on your gun while you wait. Most other repairs are a two week turnaround, although due to difficulty finding or making parts (which we do), it sometimes takes considerably longer. We have the capability of doing just about anything, but generally decline stockmaking (from a blank), and full restorations since they take too long. We fire the bluing tanks 2 or three times a year, and rust blue shotgun barrels on request. We work on every make and model of firearm, from fine shotguns, to machine guns. We are a licensed class 2 manufacturer. Our shop rate is $60 / hr.

There used to be a guy in Dartmouth, MA "The Village Gunsmith" I think his name was Ken Pacheco. A good guy. Anyone know of him and if he is still in business?

Anybody know anything about Jeff Ashe / Harvard Gunsmithing? The guys at Blue Northern recommended him to me but I wondered if anybody else had ever used him.

Did you ever try Jeff's services? I just came back from Blue Northern, they gave me his card when I asked about gunsmithing. I did a search of him here your post is the only mention of him. I need someone to look at my AR-15.

Thanks,

Ned

Did you ever try Jeff's services? I just came back from Blue Northern, they gave me his card when I asked about gunsmithing. I did a search of him here your post is the only mention of him. I need someone to look at my AR-15.

No, I got nothing but crickets when I asked about him. So while he might be a perfectly fine gunsmith, I went elsewhere.

David Santurri

He was the only one after four gun smiths to correct an extractor problem.

The gun does rarely stove pipe though.

He is at 580 Kelly Blvd, North Attleboro 401 726-1310 and has fixed several guns that others have not been able to.

Back
Top Bottom