Gunsmith

Anyone know of a gunsmith in the Andover area? I need someone to install a pair of night sights and striker block on my M&P Shield. Turns out those factory sights are in way tighter than I anticipated.

Lou at business End Customs in Peabody

Anyone know a good gun smith around Malden MA? My walther PPK need some work on it.

Last edited:
What do you need done?
I'm from Malden as well and Lou is just a 15 minute drive.

Thanks, I handed it to a friend to take a look at it. It has a little FTF problem. Probably need to polish the feeding ramp. I need to decide whether I want sell it or not. I'll get back to you if I want to keep it.

Looking for a GS that's comfortable working on an AK. I built an AK from a parts kit a while back but forgot to install the site rail during the process. Need the rear trunion rivet drilled out and the rail installed. I have all the hardware, just need the labor (no tooling here unfortunately).

Shield Firearms I had night sites put on by Steven King, good guy and prices seem to be about average. He is really good about meeting if you have a rough schedule. 508-269-2916

DarkHorse Gunsmithing. they are located in South Hadley......phone # is 413 992 6357. This is a fairly new shop. It is run by 3 men....Max, James, and Bill. I just had a shotgun repaired there and the turn-around time was 1 week. The staff there are very pleasant and knowledgeable in regards to their business. I believe that they are a member here on the forum. If you need a gunsmith in Western Ma stop in and check them out. I dont think you will be disappointed with what you find.

bob

I'm looking for a gunsmith to help finish my AR build near Braintree,MA. I need a FSB without the bayonet lug, handguard cap, and a muzzle break pinned and welded. Any suggestions?

I have a 1903a3 Smith Corona that needs the barrel re indexed. Anyone know of a Smith that can do it ? The closest I could find was Colorado and I am really not comfortable shipping it.

This is an old thread, but I'll give it a try: I am looking for someone to thread a 17 HMR barrel near southern NH. Are there any gunsmiths in the area that can thread a 17 HMR barrel?

This is an old thread, but I'll give it a try: I am looking for someone to thread a 17 HMR barrel near southern NH. Are there any gunsmiths in the area that can thread a 17 HMR barrel?

Try peter Southwick of AR15sales.com not a gun Smith but must know one in S. NH he can recommend.
Should not be a hard job for a good Smith. I assume you want the muzzle threaded?

I sent Sergey an email at the beginning of the week. Is he still in business?

He is - He installed an Apex trigger kit in my Shield 9mm about 5 months ago, still working hard since then. He did a pretty decent job; a few scuffs that could have been avoided with more delicacy on the punch next to the pin, and he also kind of tried to talk me out of getting what I wanted (he was only trying to save me money, but I had already ordered the parts and just wanted the service without coming to a 'concensus'). If you're cool with quick turn around time but from a guy a little rough around the edges who may try and add his 2 cents, then Sergey is definitely a viable option.

resurrecting an old thread but still relevant and wanted to share

he has been mentioned before, western mass, Palmer

K.L. Hooton Gunsmithing
36 Fern Hill Road
Palmer, MA 01069
413-283-9975

I had keith drill the barrel of an ar build I had started a while back but never got around to completing because of the gas block I was using needed to be drilled and I couldn't do it myself. He was quick turnaround, pleasant to deal with, and very reasonable on his price. Nice to have found another gunsmith in the western mass area. Thanks keith, I'll be a return customer should the need arise again!

quick pic of the build, m16a1 clone, uses a pinned gas block, not screws like all these low profile ones these days

Any suggestions for a gunsmith who does good S&W revolver work in the greater Boston area? Looking to have trigger work done on a 686, hammer bobbed and sights installed. Possibly some work on a model 617 also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Any suggestions for a gunsmith who does good S&W revolver work in the greater Boston area? Looking to have trigger work done on a 686, hammer bobbed and sights installed. Possibly some work on a model 617 also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I've had great results with Santurri in N. attleboro

Back
Top Bottom