• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmith recommendations Framingham/Natick

Looking for a smith to work on my Colt National Match Gold Cup.

Slide is getting caught up every once in a while when racking/dry fire.

Anyone have 1st hand knowledge and can recommend anyone ?
GFA? Saxonville? Rustblue?

I've used LaRocca a few time in the past and have been happy, but I dont want to take the ride to Worcester if I dont have to.

Thanks in advance

Greg's work looks fantastic, but the last time I contacted him about work (admittedly, it was about a year ago). He wasn't accepting new work because of all the custom work he had in queue.

Edit: I went back and looked and it was longer ago than I though, it was early 2019 that I reached out to him and he was backlogged. He may be caught up now, and he's worth reaching out to. I'm not sure he's located more conveniently for you than LaRocca in Worcester though.

I bought a used Ruger that the previous owner had Sergey/Rustblue do some trigger work on. It's nice and smooth.

I've had Dave Santurri do almost all my stuff for me over the past few years. He's in Attleboro.

Last edited:
thanks all. I was asking specifically about my local smiths. I've read here and saw Greg's work, but It should be something really simple, so i didnt want to take the hour each way drive

I like Dave Santurri - he is fast and does quality work for a reasonable price. My experience with LaRocca was about 20 years ago - after six months of doing nothing with my gun, it went to Dave. I have been going to him ever since.

I have used Tim at Gartman, Dave at Saxonville, and Greg at GFA. All had great results.
Tim and Dave appear to be very back logged.
Rust Blu is only a couple blocks from me, but never used him

Right now, I am also looking for a local gunsmith to look at a custom Glock of mine.

I have used Tim at Gartman, Dave at Saxonville, and Greg at GFA. All had great results.
Tim and Dave appear to be very back logged.
Rust Blu is only a couple blocks from me, but never used him

Right now, I am also looking for a local gunsmith to look at a custom Glock of mine.
thanks -

I ended up taking it to LaRocca -

Just did the google box.. Is that in Worcester?
I will send him an email.
He is. He worked on that very gun before. Installed a hiviz sight. He also installed a colt mustang .380 extended safety from Cylinder-Slide on my Sig p938. I had great experience with him. We talked a great deal. Only reason I was looking for some else was convenience for something I thought was very minor work. It turned out the problem was what I thought it was.. The series 80 safety was binding

Turns out, I fixed the problem myself and don't need a gunsmith any more.
But, I got a reply from him and it made me laugh out loud.
"Sorry, once you start trying to do those mods you are are on your own.
Liability way too high Good luck"

hahaha

Turns out, I fixed the problem myself and don't need a gunsmith any more.
But, I got a reply from him and it made me laugh out loud.
"Sorry, once you start trying to do those mods you are are on your own.
Liability way too high Good luck"

hahaha

can’t imagine why he wouldn’t want to address a dicked-up Glock for which the only treatment is to re-install the factory parts

Back
Top Bottom