• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmith needed to drill and tap Ruger MkII in Ma

Billy2

Instructor
NES Member
Guys can you reccomend a good smith to drill and tap a Ruger MkII. I am located in the Metrowest Ma area but could travel. I really don't want to ship it. Would rather drop off and pick up in person.

Thanks

Bill

Drill and tap it for WHAT?

I have a Mk II and it came from the factory drilled and tapped for a scope rail.

Better yet, use the clamp style scope mount and keep the use of the factory sights.

Mine is an older one. I was looking to put a rail on the top so I could put an aimpoint micro on a quick release.

BSquare makes a clamp on scope base for the Ruger MKII.
I recently bought one and found that it is easy to install and quite rugged.
41NEqFZbQnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jack

LaRocca in Worc. has been mentioned a few times here. He installed sights for me. In chatting with him, he seems vry knowledgable and comfortable working almost anything.

Dave Santurri in North Attleboro. He's done a bunch of stuff for me. If you call first he can tell you whether he can do it while you wait (401-726-1310)

For a Bulls Eye gun go to a Bulls Eye competitor and a member of this forum.

Greg Derr at Derr Precision has done some excellent work on my Rugers and any other gun I have brought to him.

derrpercision.com

You won't be disappointed

Back
Top Bottom