• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmith near Littleton?

Howdy~

I need some barrel work done and am hoping for a local recommendation. I’m in Littleton and would like to stay close to home.

I’ve tried Harvard Gunsmithing but have four unreturned voicemails.

Thanks in advance

(Yes, I did poke around before asking)

This is obviously second hand info so take it for what it's worth, - customer of mine(NES member so he might chime in) brought an AK and an AR to them for some work and was extremely disappointed. He ended up at Gartman to fix everything.

More info = better choices. I've had good luck with Mark, but my cases might have been the outliers. Appreciate the post!

I've used Jeff at Harvard Gunsmithing before. He's a good guy and does a good job.

You might also want to check in with Fine Line Gunsmithing in Boxboro. I've used them as well.

don't choose a gunsmith by proximity. choose by quality of their work. Tim at G&N in Wrentham. same shop as Gartman Arms but he is technically separate. while not close to Littleton, it's straight down 495 which would be quick.

there are other fine smiths in this area but I've been using Tim since he was part of 1776 in Walpole and his work has been nothing short of stellar.

Lots of suggestions and advice - thanks...lots to consider. What type of barrel work? The story:

My Grandfather built a 9mm 1911 but never function tested it. I’ve since inherited it, and tested it, but it has never cycled proprly. I *think* I’ve identified the issue (the bottom of the barrel overhangs the feed ramp of the frame which results in improper feeding in the form of nose-dived rounds)= I’d like to have some smithing work done in the form of maintaining the integrity and angle of the barrel - if this is possible....

Swung by Pullman Arms today to have them put on TruGlo sights on my Ruger-- super fast high quality service. I thought about buying a sight tool and doing it myself but this saved a lot of hassle and it was done right. I'd highly recommend them. The new sights are much better than the factory ones too.

Attachments

• IMG_1292.JPG
    IMG_1292.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 14
don't choose a gunsmith by proximity. choose by quality of their work. Tim at G&N in Wrentham. same shop as Gartman Arms but he is technically separate. while not close to Littleton, it's straight down 495 which would be quick.

there are other fine smiths in this area but I've been using Tim since he was part of 1776 in Walpole and his work has been nothing short of stellar.

I agree 100%. Tim has done a couple of my guns, and the results were great.

Howdy~

I need some barrel work done and am hoping for a local recommendation. I’m in Littleton and would like to stay close to home.

Thanks in advance

Saxonville Armory in Framingham, not too far. They did some very nice barrel work for me recently.

Howdy~

Thanks in advance

How bout Pullman Arms in Worcester? I know they're not selling guns these days, but certainly can do machine work and smithing.

Thanks for all the suggestions; I went with FineLine Firearms in Boxborough and have been nothing short of impressed!

Mark is working on a 2nd (no pun intended) piece for me right now....

This is obviously second hand info so take it for what it's worth, - customer of mine(NES member so he might chime in) brought an AK and an AR to them for some work and was extremely disappointed. He ended up at Gartman to fix everything.

Gunsmith in Metrowest, Hudson MA - Consolidated Firearm Services

I know Mark personally, and he usually does excellent work. He's not cheap, and he doesn't like you wasting his time, but he stands behind his work 100%.

I'd very much like to hear the details of this. AR's and AK's are not particularly challenging to work on.

Last edited:
Gunsmith in Metrowest, Hudson MA - Consolidated Firearm Services

I know Mark personally, and he usually does excellent work. He's not cheap, and he doesn't like you wasting his time, but he stands behind his work 100%.

I'd very much like to hear the details of this. AR's and AK's are not particularly challenging to work on.

Again it's second hand, but if I remember right(it was at least 8 months ago) there was a bad weld and gas block issues. I'm told he did offer to redo the work but the customer decided to go elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom