• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmith in Southern NH with attention to detail?

I'm two for two on bad experiences with gunsmiths. First one was a night sight install on pistol and it came back to me with the rear sight loose. Second experience I needed a flash hider for suppressor installed but he ignored my install info and mounted it against the factory barrel nut which can lead to baffle strikes. When I am entrusting thousands of dollars of equipment to someone I really want them to take pride in their work just as I do in my own trade. So my question is how do you guys find the good ones?

Hello, my name is Jason Kulas and I own a gun shop in Cape Cod MA. I am a gunsmith who cares about all the work that I do. I have a full machine shop and can perform about any service. You can ship me any work you would like and we would love to be of service. One thing is that we stand behind our work and promise to get it right.

Kulas Customs

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

While I've not had work done by Kula's Customs, they had a lower I wanted and were very professional and prompt in getting it up to my FFL for transfer. Assuming they handle gunsmithing in the same fashion, I'd recommend them. That being said, you were interested in southern NH, so I'd put my vote in for Evolution Armory in Somersworth. Super guys, easy to deal with and quality work. I've also heard good things about Bob over at 2A tactical.

when i was looking for a gunsmith, john @ MFL was recommended to me by 2 other gun shops. i have not used his services however.

i have used old glory in mason for a barrel threading and was happy with their service, fee and return time.

i've also used JR's gunsmithing service in londonderry. once. won't again.

do you mind saying who you had the two bad experiences with?
i don't understand why positive experiences are public, but bad experienced are hushed.

when i was looking for a gunsmith, john @ MFL was recommended to me by 2 other gun shops. i have not used his services however.

i have used old glory in mason for a barrel threading and was happy with their service, fee and return time.

i've also used JR's gunsmithing service in londonderry. once. won't again.

do you mind saying who you had the two bad experiences with?
i don't understand why positive experiences are public, but bad experienced are hushed.

Funnily enough my negative experiences were with Manchester Firing Line and JR's in Londonderry.

good to know.

for the simpler tasks, it may be worthwhile to get comfortable with doing it yourself. sometimes it's cheaper to acquire a tool than to pay someone else.

EDIT> with regards to "how do you guys find the good ones", i am not sure. i think it's more in the perception of the customer, and the dynamics between the customer & service provider, rather than the absolute goodness of the provider. for example, with car mechanics, i always seem to be in the minority of dissatisfied customers. either i have a higher standard than everybody else or the shop only puts as much effort into the car as he thinks the car's worth, or maybe i look stupid and they think they can get away with doing their worst work. who knows? i think bottom line is you have to try different people until you find someone you're happy with.

Last edited:
Get everything in writing and maybe send a short video to get the point across again.

Just had a great experience with Ben from Wicked Weaponry in Hooksett. He is detail oriented which is important to someone as picky as I am.

Resurrecting this versus starting new. Looking for someone to thread a barrel. Any recommendations in between Hooksett , or east of there to the seacoat, and Chelmsford?

Back
Top Bottom