• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmith in NH to check Mauser sporter?

I was recently given a sporterized ( if you could even call it that) Mauser by my uncle. He has had it for years and has never fired it. It has been rebarreled to 25-06, and the stock and receiver have been modified. I do not have the gun in possession right now, so that is all the info I have other than it isn't a top notch sporter job by any means. I am looking for a gunsmith in NH to inspect it to see if it is safe to fire. The rifling in the barrel looks good, though it needs to be cleaned. It would be a good project if it is safe, as a new stock would improve it dramatically. I live in Newmarket, and I really don't want to drive it more than 50 miles, and Mass is not an option. Any info as to a good smith that will check this rig out, and isn't going to charge a million dollars to do it, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I did a site search and came up empty.

Send New Private Message.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
Kenny474 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I am looking for a gunsmith to do some work on a Mauser Bolt.

I have a sporterized Mauser in 8mm that had the bolt handle bent to accomedate a scope. Several years ago, the bolt handle broke off and now needs to be replaced. I have an ATI Bolt-on bolt handle replacement that is designed for a scoped mauser bolt that requires tapping the bolt-housing for the bolt handle.

I would like to support a gunsmith who is part of NES. Are their any NES associated gunsmiths who can perform this service for me?
Please IM me so we can discuss.

Back
Top Bottom