• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmith in central MA

SDK

I tried the search and am either not getting replies, or getting negative ones when I reach out to smiths in my area

Looking for a gunsmith in the Central MA area, Worcester, up at The Mill, etc to pin and weld a MA legal comp on an AR upper.

Any recommendations of someone who can do this service and is currently active and doing work?

I used to do a bit of welding some years back. I’m going to go pick up a flux core welder at Harbor Freight and just do it myself if this post does not find me someone. Only reason I am holding off is it would be nice to establish a relationship with a competent gunsmith near me. Assuming that even exists…

Not central MA but figured I'd mention it anyway. Northeast Arms in Peabody offers this service.
@sschevy

Last edited:
Not central MA, but Dave Santurri is the man
I've had him do everything where I've needed a smith

Santurri, Ltd.

I think Saxonville Armory in Framingham would also be able to handle this. I've never gone there though.

Santurri, Ltd.

I think Saxonville Armory in Framingham would also be able to handle this. I've never gone there though.
Thank you for the recommendation. I get the feeling I will be traveling when I need services lol.

I had looked into Saxonville Armory as well since Framingham is not too far. The first line on thier home page:

SHOP UPDATE 10/18/21: NOT ACCEPTING NEW WORK​

****PLEASE NOTE****
I AM NOT ACCEPTING NEW WORK AT THIS TIME.

Crazy bad luck in my area

Santurri, Ltd.

david is great, but, he processes whole flow of orders from MFS, so i guess it is why he is not getting more work. and his transfer fees are now also VERY high, though, he transfers everything.
he is a smith, so, he can do and manufacture anything - he made a custom blast shield for my LaRue break, a neat thing.
for central mass i think location at mill would be better, and maga arms does pin/weld of muzzle devices too, not expensive.

david is great, but, he processes whole flow of orders from MFS, so i guess it is why he is not getting more work. and his transfer fees are now also VERY high, though, he transfers everything.
he is a smith, so, he can do and manufacture anything - he made a custom blast shield for my LaRue break, a neat thing.
for central mass i think location at mill would be better, and maga arms does pin/weld of muzzle devices too, not expensive.

You're talking about David at Saxonville, right?

Thanks! I will reach out to Maga Arms! The Mill is an easy trip for me

You're talking about David at Saxonville, right?
yep. i used his services quite a bit, never had an issue.
but, i was not in touch with him for a while now, so, do not have current info on his status.

Back
Top Bottom