• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmith for Rossi 92?

seanc

NES Member
Need some help. Looking for a preferably local gunsmith that does good work on lever guns.

My Rossi ranch hand loading gate fell off while loading. I stripped it down and it appears that the loading gate and the leaf spring that holds it is a 2 piece deal. and it looks like they are just peened together. It does not seem like there is a good reliable way that I would be able to mate them together reliably.

Any help?

Cowboy Gun Works in Derry N.H. specializes in Cowboy Action stuff. Jim can probably help you but don't wait too long. He's moving to Vermont soon.

Having levers worked on by both Steve and Jim, Steve is THE Rossi guy, but Jim is very good also. Jim has done all my Marlins and Rugers and I have been quite happy, never had him work on a Rossi, but I am sure he would do it great.

NKJ really is the best and worth waiting for. My 92 has to be 15 yrs old now. Bought it straight from him, already gone thru.

Just to put in my 2 cents. Jim @cowboy Gun Works has worked on all my cowboy action guns.
I can't say enough about the quality of his work. I have one more shotgun to get to him in the next few weeks. I know there are other guys out there who do good work also, but being in New England, I wouldn't think of having anyone else work on my firearms.

Back
Top Bottom