• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

gunsmith for restorative work. North Shore area

headednorth

NES Member
Friend of mine i believe was left an older shotgun. Was stored in an attic and developed some corrosion. (I haven't seen it) From what I'm told its a higher end gun worth a good amount of money so he's hesitant to deal with the issue himself. I dont know the extent of the damage but he's looking for someone who's capable of doing restoration work on higher end stuff. Any recommendations for someone between Boston and Southern NH/ME?

Try Sergi, I haven't used him in a few years, but work he did for me was fine. He is not cheap, but talk to him.

Friend of mine i believe was left an older shotgun. Was stored in an attic and developed some corrosion. (I haven't seen it) From what I'm told its a higher end gun worth a good amount of money so he's hesitant to deal with the issue himself. I dont know the extent of the damage but he's looking for someone who's capable of doing restoration work on higher end stuff. Any recommendations for someone between Boston and Southern NH/ME?
Its probably worth more as it sits.
I would maybe consider preservation. Vs restoration if value is concern. If they just want a fancy shotgun to keep in the family then so be it.
Really helps to know what shotgun we are talking about

Its probably worth more as it sits.
I would maybe consider preservation. Vs restoration if value is concern. If they just want a fancy shotgun to keep in the family then so be it.
Really helps to know what shotgun we are talking about
It's not "corrosion" it's "patina". Seriously. It's likely worth more unrestored.
Tbh I haven't seen it so I don't know the extent of the damage. Could be minor surface rust or deep pitting or anywhere in between, idk. Maybe I'm not using the correct term when I say restoration.

Another Rust Blue vote. He did extensive work on my Ithaca flues double. Really, for the work he did the price seemed very reasonable
20200831_174254.jpg
Edited to add - you guys on NES suggested him years ago when I asked about needing work done. No regrets and he's done quite a few other projects for me since

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom