Gunsmith Around Boston? Need help with Ruger MK III

Hi,
I (along with others from what I read) are having trouble reassembling my Ruger Mark III. Im on the final step and cant get the spring back in. Yes, Ive watched all the videos. Anyone around Boston that can help? Im willing to pay...

We can try FaceTime, to see if Im doing something wrong.

thanks everyone!

Well, if youve watched all of the videos and still cant figure it out, id suggest you sell it , buy a sewing machine and make masks instead.

Its a pita, but its not impossible. Thousands of people succeed every day.

Picture please? It's more than likely defective and I would be happy to take it off your hands for proper disposal.

Read the instructions in the owners manual and follow them including all the tipping this way and that and make sure the hammer is in the right position, if need be take it all apart and start from the begining, go slow and follow the directions. They are actually pretty clear but it,s easy to miss a step if you hurry, also I believe the instrutions differentiate between the mark 3 and the mark 3 22/24 model (less steps)

I installed this on mine maybe 5-6 years ago and make cleaning much more easy

I stopped taking it apart. I won’t make that mistake again lol
No. Do it another 16 times and you will see that you only have to engage the tang. Jack.

Op don't feel bad. Your definitely not the first one to have a problem getting a mark III back together.

Just keep trying and pay attention to how the instructions tell you to tip the thing up or down.

Put everything in a shoe box and post it up for karma!!

Just be gentle with it. It will go.

I disassembled this gun exactly one time

Same here, only because I bought it used and it was filthy and all gummed up, and it really needed a thorough cleaning.
I didn't find it all that tough to get back together, but I admit that I did watch the YouTube video a few times.

Don't feel bad, I've been there done that. There was one particular youtube video (really old) that helped me out. But I haven't shot my MKIII in years so I'll need a refresher on taking it apart at some point...

[rofl]didn't have to open the post, you just knew.

Bahahahaaaa yup. I used to take mine do American Firearms School after I'd clean it and have them reassemble it, I never once could do it myself. It wasn't actually mine, I used it for a competition where I was shooting regularly throughout the month, about once a month I'd take it apart and clean it, then have them reassemble it.

If you carefully watched the youtube vids and still dont get it. Just wait until ranges open up and just sit there scratching your head. someone will help you.
Used to have an MIII. took it apart a handful of times. Forgot how to reassemble every time.

Back
Top Bottom