Gunsite Scout Rifle Vs Mini-14

enlarge your shotgun barrel today! discreet shipping! guaranteed results!

what would freud say to the ATF about all this obsession over inches?

or fap to this (courtesy of ed): http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10FCMSCOUT

i have no desire for the ruger rifle anymore after seeing this.

I looked at that rifle and liked it alot. I have a number of Savage rifles and love them. The Ruger seemed to be built better. Laminated stock, flash suppressor, a really smooth trigger and a heavier barrel. But knowing me I will probably buy the Savage next just so I can have two rifles in a Scout configuration. So many firearms, so little time.

Plus most of the barrel issues pertain to the original pencil barrels. The newer tapered barrels are decently accurate out of the box.

I wonder if the 170 series had a tapered barrel as well. I'll have to take the wooden handguard off and check the barrel profile.

No, but will he propose the 500% tax on civilian purchases of ammunition that he co-sponsored as a State Senator?

I got one! I got one! [smile]

COM08472.jpg

Well some Pest control, plinking, and if need be home defense. We both want a gun with a little punch thats why we are not getting a .22

People to stop all of the Questions let me tell you all about this.

1. My dad and I need a gun that between .223 and .308 caliber

2. Long before we wanted a Ruger firearm

3. It was a gun that had at least a 10 round clip and a price range between 650-950 bucks

4. Easy maintenance (why I like bolt-action)

5. I don't the AR platform because of maintenance

6. My dad does not like to own a assault rifle looking gun

7. I know how stupid that sounds

While Ruger may make a good rifle in the Scout Rifle, the Steyr version is better. To have more versatility in one rifle, look at the Thompson Center rifles with interchangable barrels.

NE-GunNut,

While he was serving on the IL state senate, Senator Barak Obama signed on as a co-sponsor (one of very few laws he signed onto) for a bill that proposed adding a 500% tax on civilian sales of ammunition as a method of gun control. In the descriptive text of the bill it explained that there is such a large number of firearms already in the state and firearms, by their nature, are highly durable goods, that even banning the sale of new firearms would fail to address the problem of firearms violance for at least 150 years. The proposal instead was to add a 500% tax on ammunition, effectively drying up the ammunition supply to eliminate gun violance. The bill further states that since legitimate hunting activities require only a very small amount of ammunition, the tax would not adversely affect "legitimate" sporting uses of firearms.

It never got anywhere, but that it was one of the few bill he chose to support during his less than one term in the State Senate, it's fairly telling of his attitude towards gun control.

Yes. For years. Like everything. I submit it is more accurately the price of a dollar going down.

value of the dollar going down, precious and base metals going up more than the dollar goes down, increased demand on production capacity by a buyer with nearly unlimited funds (US government).

I have. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. For some reason it just felt like a 2x6 with a pistol-grip. Cheek-weld felt unnatural, support hand kept grabbing around, looking for a comfortable spot. Maybe it was just me. I wanted to like it but immediately went back to my FAL.
Yeah that gun looks nice but I don't think it would shoot dirt cheap ammo too well.

Acme,

Yup, minimum barrel lengths are 16" for rifles, 18" for shotguns.

Most manufacturers add a 1/2" to make sure normal manufacturing variations don't produce a violation and so that users don't get into micrometer arguments with the BATF&E. I've seen a couple of custom build sights who will machine a barrel to 16.1" for a rifle and 18.1" for a shotgun, the problem is if you use the "standard" test of dropping a go/no go stick down the barrel against the breech, you can see the no-go line if the stick is not sitting perfectly flush against the breech or your eye is not perfectly level with the muzzle.

Back
Top Bottom