• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns you'll never EVER sell or trade

Any gun my dad hunted a lot, and any gun thats been willed to my dad or i. Ill also hold on to the first gun i ever shot a deer with (browning sweet 16) which will be handed down to my son.

My gen 4 glocks wont get sold until i exit this pos state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't it help fellow shooters more to hook them up? Equally important, wouldn't it be like sticking it to this state by leaving some guns they tried to keep out of here in the first place? [wink]

Doesn't it help fellow shooters more to hook them up? Equally important, wouldn't it be like sticking it to this state by leaving some guns they tried to keep out of here in the first place? [wink]
I would sell my xds for the going rate in a free state if I move.

Silly me, I am unusally attached to my 1911, and my psl.

Great minds think a like.

Ideally I will never sell anything I own, I remember some gun owner online giving advice and saying don't do it because you'll regret it. It's almost always true too, watch hickock45 and he'll say often he "let one go" for example.

My Maverick 88 shotgun is the only one I couldn't care less for and would sell it some day.

I had an HK-91 back in the early 90's. Bought it for $600. Sold it in '94 for $800. Now I desperately want one, but can't touch one for less than $3,800.

Those guns are $3800? I guess I should have bought one of the $2100 jobs I saw about 10 years ago. [laugh]

-Mike

I'll never sell my Colt Special Combat Govt as we had em made while we were in Afghanistan. Also, the Colt 100 year anniversary model 1911 I bought for my dad at the same time.

Chip

I meant id leave them here before i move like everyone else does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Glocks (of every generation) are so common in MA at this point it doesn't really matter. There's plenty of other stuff that is way harder to come by.

-Mike

i've only sold/traded 2 guns in my life and they were only to trade/fund a newer/better gun. i sold my PSL54 to help pay for my FN SPR, and i traded my springfield RO 1911 for a Glock 17, which was a good strategic move prior to the gun ban.

A 1911, made in the year nineteen hundred and eleven, It was my great grandfathers service pistol in WW1, and without going into details, lets just say it was used for it's original intent and purpose, in close quarter combat against they enemy, let me tell you when you hold this piece in your hand, an overwhelming feeling or sensation goes though you, I have that piece and his 1909, 30-06 bolt action service rifle, at they end of WW1 he went to hand both of them in, and they said keep them in case you need them again, for real that is what they said word for word, I am reluctant to post a pic of it for I am not sure how I feel about that, he is the person that I have the most respect for that ever walk this earth, when you are young some people seem that they are larger than life, I am a grown man and still feel that way about him.

Dean

Last edited:
My Fathers 3 screw ruger blackhawk and high standard double 9,
and my Grandfathers S&W .38 spec model 15.
They are all old like 1960 era. Nice thing is my siblings and I shoot all of these - and often. [grin]
blackhawk3screw.jpg double9.jpg 38spesh.jpg

Last edited:
Like many of you, I have a few guns that I wish I never sold or traded away, looking for the next big thing. I think I've grown up a bit now and I have to say my 686 is probably one I'll never part with - thought about it briefly, but it was like that one hot girl, my wife, who I couldn't part with, even when she was a pain in the ass. Good thing she doesn't read this.

What about you guys? Anyone have that one (or several) guns that they'd never imagine parting with?

Same here. I will never sell my 686 either. It is my wife's favorite. LOL

Bob

My Glock 19 is the handgun I'd own if I could only own one. It probably has a price at which I'd part with it though. The two guns I'd never get rid of are the ones that got me started on here and into the hobby to begin with. They're two of the rattiest .22 bolt guns you'll ever see, one is a single shot Winchester and the other a tube fed Stevens. I wouldn't even try to fire them now, but we believe they were used to take care of rats on the farm that my family owned in Vermont a couple generations ago (and a relative apparently eventually screwed us out of, I'd love to have land in VT...) before they spent decades as wall hangers in my grandfathers bar/"man room" (with wall mounted b&w tv!) in NY.

I would never sell my Smith and Wesson Model 10 Victory in 38 S&W. My dad surprised me with this gun when I first got my license. It was his father's gun from WWII. My grandfather was in the 101st and it was his decorative side arm. I never really knew him but my dad assures me that the idea of me shooting it would have made my grandfather extremely proud. I actually just got back from the range with it and every time I shoot the thing, I definitely think how cool it is that I have the ability to shoot the same gun my grandfather did.

My Remington Rand 1911A1. I carried one, as an Infantry officer, for about 5 years (before we transitioned to the M9). It's the one I hope my son has an interest in inheriting.

Like many of you, I have a few guns that I wish I never sold or traded away, looking for the next big thing. I think I've grown up a bit now and I have to say my 686 is probably one I'll never part with - thought about it briefly, but it was like that one hot girl, my wife, who I couldn't part with, even when she was a pain in the ass. Good thing she doesn't read this.

What about you guys? Anyone have that one (or several) guns that they'd never imagine parting with?

Hk PSG1. Brand new in Box.

Ones that I wish I never sold:

NIB Smith & Wesson 952 Long Slide

A 1911, made in the year nineteen hundred and eleven, It was my great grandfathers service pistol in WW1, and without going into details, lets just say it was used for it's original intent and purpose, in close quarter combat against they enemy, let me tell you when you hold this piece in your hand, an overwhelming feeling or sensation goes though you, I have that piece and his 1909, 30-06 bolt action service rifle, at they end of WW1 he went to hand both of them in, and they said keep them in case you need them again, for real that is what they said word for word, I am reluctant to post a pic of it for I am not sure how I feel about that, he is the person that I have the most respect for that ever walk this earth, when you are young some people seem that they are larger than life, I am a grown man and still feel that way about him.

Dean

Great story.

Wish I never sold -MA heavy trigger PPS in .40. First pistol, I shot a Sig 226 loved it began to hate the Walther. Wish I still had it just because it was my first. I never bought a 226 bought a HK P30 and sold it to fun the wife's Horse Competitions. Wish I still had that too.

will never sell: Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag. My sn# ends in 30 my buddy from flight school bought it's younger brother ending in 31. Won't sell either of my Ithaca .22lr or my Remington 1911 I've dumped way too much $ into it. Plus it's my first 1911.
Would sell my R1, 2022,mossy 500

the rest are MINE!!!! "My greatest fear is if I die my wife will surrender everything or sell it for what I said I paid for them..... FAL for $250......"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom