Guns you find cool just not at their price point

So basically a skinflint thread? If you like something and you have the money, just buy it, because beating around the bush with cheaper alternatives is pointless and will cost you more in the long run. For instance, I bought a Barrett m107a1, truly an impulse buy, like $11,000.00, f***ing winced, maybe even choked a little, when I swiped my debit card, always wanted a .50bmg, wandered into my favorite shop one day and they had one in the display case...

I don't think skinflint really works well here, unless someone is chinsing out when they can easily afford to do the correct thing.

Like a guy that tells me they bought a Hi Point instead of a Glock or an M&P, even though you know they make enough to afford buying two decent guns, never mind one,
you know that guy is a hardcore skinflint.

You can't really flint either if you're opting out of buying something at all. In most cases. Especially if its just a novelty.

At some point I also think flinting is coming up with an idea and then half assing it, too. Like back 10+ years ago I bought a Savage FP10 LE and it had a shitty millet scope on it. That scope basically ruined the experience of the rifle. I did not have the funds to put the correct glass on it at the time. If someone told me "Mike why were you such a f***ing skinflint when you bought this?" I would have said "guilty as charged" because I was trying to flint on setting up a 308 rifle and got caught doing it, thus, basically dick self-punching event. Rather than continue to suffer, I just sold the whole thing.

It's less flinty to not buy something than it is to buy junk and waste time pretending it isn't junk.

Ironically going back to your point it's part of the reason why I don't own a .50 BMG anything. I would have to flint and buy a cheap gun and a marginal scope on a 50. So I don't do it at all, rather than suffer.

Checking back to see if anyone mentioned the 7.5 FK Brno Field Pistol.

I would need to be able to wipe my ass with $100s to justify that purchase.

Its like $1800 is on big daddy unlimited.
I'd get that. Its like 4 guns in one.

Whats to expensive,

boutique 1911/2011. I'm just going to get a ria and be done one day.

Barret already mentioned. 10k is pushing it.

Mainstream AR's. Lwrc,bcm,knights armament etc.
Shit is just way to overblown for what it is.
Get a good barrel, and good bolt and a decent trigger and the rest is the same in my eyes. Short of receiver customization similar to spikes tactical or more so.

Also agree with hk clones of the mp5/7, G3,G36 and ump.
I'll get one but I'm gonna hate the bastards.

Lever actions are rather pricey.
But still going to get one.

And to me the surprise of the bunch when I first started with guns this year, was the cost of revolvers.
I thought they would be the cheapest way into pistols.

Checking back to see if anyone mentioned the 7.5 FK Brno Field Pistol.

I would need to be able to wipe my ass with $100s to justify that purchase.
Another gun i wouldn't give someone 100 bucks for. The only cool things about it is it's not a derringer and not in 5.7 x 28. [rofl]

Mares leg in 357. Already have an all weather in 357. And there is not much price difference.

One of these days I will pick up a S&W Model 17 Masterpiece.
I can afford it, but every time I think about buying one, I always find something else to drop a grand on.
You almost never see them on the used market.

22 semi autos generally are finicky even with good ammo. A nice 22 revolver would fit the bill. Even the 617 would be worth grabbing but I always end up buying something centerfire.

One of these days I will pick up a S&W Model 17 Masterpiece.
I can afford it, but every time I think about buying one, I always find something else to drop a grand on.
You almost never see them on the used market.

22 semi autos generally are finicky even with good ammo. A nice 22 revolver would fit the bill. Even the 617 would be worth grabbing but I always end up buying something centerfire.

I hate that lol.... 3030 marlin is like that for me... they pop up every so often for like 300 bucks and I always pass even though I really want one because I always find something else to buy

Any MG. Any one really. Doesnt matter which but IF I had a choice it would be Kriss Vector in 45acp (with 45 at like .18 cpr prices or less). A machine gun to me should be compact, with low recoil, and lightweight.
Wouldn't that be a submachine gun then (SMG)? I was under the impression a "machine gun" meant rifle caliber cartridges, but I honestly don't remember where I got that from, so grain of salt.

But I do agree. The amount of modification required to alter operation for full auto doesn't correspond with the typical price increase and unobtainium status, but that is often just a byproduct of either limited supply (retro transferable MG's/SMG's) or a price point hurdle meant to deter civilians.

I don't think skinflint really works well here, unless someone is chinsing out when they can easily afford to do the correct thing.

Like a guy that tells me they bought a Hi Point instead of a Glock or an M&P, even though you know they make enough to afford buying two decent guns, never mind one,
you know that guy is a hardcore skinflint.

You can't really flint either if you're opting out of buying something at all. In most cases. Especially if its just a novelty.

At some point I also think flinting is coming up with an idea and then half assing it, too. Like back 10+ years ago I bought a Savage FP10 LE and it had a shitty millet scope on it. That scope basically ruined the experience of the rifle. I did not have the funds to put the correct glass on it at the time. If someone told me "Mike why were you such a f***ing skinflint when you bought this?" I would have said "guilty as charged" because I was trying to flint on setting up a 308 rifle and got caught doing it, thus, basically dick self-punching event. Rather than continue to suffer, I just sold the whole thing.

It's less flinty to not buy something than it is to buy junk and waste time pretending it isn't junk.

Ironically going back to your point it's part of the reason why I don't own a .50 BMG anything. I would have to flint and buy a cheap gun and a marginal scope on a 50. So I don't do it at all, rather than suffer.

good analysis

I really really want to shoot a 375
Well, if you ever find your self in very Western MA, and don't mind left hand rifles:

img_20190223_161036-jpg.270923

Back
Top Bottom