Guns Stolen Smith & Wesson Plant: Arrest Made

I had to go through at least 3 ****ing checkpoints with Ian to get in the floor to pick up our guns, pat down and wand too. I was in uniform! I asked the guy if he really needed the wand to find my gun, he should look for a new line of work. He couldn't stop laughing. :D

Brainless morons..
Sadly no, these weren't your garden variety snatch and grabbers...

- - - Updated - - -

I had to go through at least 3 ****ing checkpoints with Ian to get in the floor to pick up our guns, pat down and wand too. I was in uniform! I asked the guy if he really needed the wand to find my gun, he should look for a new line of work. He couldn't stop laughing. :D
Sounds like you need a bigger gun? [wink]

i find this very strange, i have been to the plant twice and as mentioned

its almost impossible to get one out. given that if it was a shipment

i would guess the recieving party(s) would certainly be calling S&W

about the missing shipment and the S&W would be tracing this.

Several years ago, someone at the Colt factory in Hartford figured out a gap in the way they processed their 1911s. The frames were finished, but had not yet been serialized. The thief got several out the door. I don't remember how or why he was caught.

Interesting though.

Don

wonder what the going rate for a hot piece is on the streets

Probably a lot less than you or I will pay. I don't see a street thug or petty thief saving up $600 to buy a Glock he's going to toss as soon as he shoots someone with it.

If people are turning in 1911's and S&W revolvers to the police for $75(see the buy back thread), then the average person clearly has no idea what a firearm is worth.

FWIW:

http://extranosalley.com/?p=2979

Last edited:
Are the charges federal or state?

Since S&W is an manufacturing FFL, shouldn't the charges be federal felonies? I'd like to see these assclowns do time in federal PMITA prison.

They were caught selling the guns out of there trunk in New Haven CT. Not all the guns have been recovered. Interstate and firearms theft this is Federal

They were caught selling the guns out of there trunk in New Haven CT.

[slap]

Smart enough to get 111 guns out of manuf, then sell them out of a trunk few miles away?

wonder what the going rate for a hot piece is on the streets

I want to know if they are going to require a FA-10 or if it counts against 4/yr transfer limit? [grin]

Perez is (was) a truck driver. Today's report says the guns were part of a shipment, so they didn't sneak the guns out of the factory, they signed for them at the loading dock and drove away. Brainiacs figured no one was going to miss 111 pistols. [rolleyes]

The charges could end up being MA, CT and fed because those are the laws they broke.

MA would involve theft of firearms.
CT would involve sales of stolen firearms, sales without background checks, sales to people without pistol permits, etc.

And the feds would pile on top with all of the above applied to federal laws. The feds will probably take first crack, with MA and CT deciding on their own whether or not to pursue charges.

Don

$20 says these two serve more time then those involved in the "Fast and furious" government F-up that let hundreds of guns make their way to cartel hands.

$20 says these two serve more time then those involved in the "Fast and furious" government F-up that let hundreds of guns make their way to cartel hands.

[laugh2][laugh2]You mean "thousands of guns"[wink]

I wouldn't take that bet because nobody will serve a minute of time from Fast&Furious, they'll all be promoted and or pardoned in the end.

But less time than a guy in MA with an LTC A caught unknowingly carrying a post-ban Glock mag.

Guns and ammunition go for a lot more on the street than they do from legit sources. One of the members who is in law enforcement mentioned some figures a couple of years ago and they were pretty high.

Sourcing them is not without risk and increased risk = increased cost.

While the average person might not have an idea what guns are worth, criminals do. Average people generally guy their guns from legit sources.

Probably a lot less than you or I will pay. I don't see a street thug or petty thief saving up $600 to buy a Glock he's going to toss as soon as he shoots someone with it.

If people are turning in 1911's and S&W revolvers to the police for $75(see the buy back thread), then the average person clearly has no idea what a firearm is worth.

FWIW:

http://extranosalley.com/?p=2979

- - - Updated - - -

Several years ago, someone at the Colt factory in Hartford figured out a gap in the way they processed their 1911s. The frames were finished, but had not yet been serialized. The thief got several out the door. I don't remember how or why he was caught.

Interesting though.

Don

Every read the "Friends of Eddie Coyle"? Not the movie, which was OK, but the original book by George V. Higgins.

Back
Top Bottom