• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Guns" October 1962 issue online

There have been a few "question for the oldtimers" threads here lately.

Not that I'm irritated, but at work I sure am trying to control my "I've been doing this longer than you've been alive, son" attitude. And there are many here on NES who'd call me a young whippersnapper.

So, for the young and ignorant and old and wise (ass) alike, here is the full October 1962 issue of Guns magazine as a pdf.

You'll laugh ("If even one Remington or Peters shell fails, we'll send you 100 free), you'll cry (Savage Model 101 new for $19.50) and you'll briefly escape your 2012 worries.

Enjoy.

M1 $69.50 [crying]

I had to stop there before I actually started crying.

$69.50 in 1962 equals $522.81 in 2012 dollars.

http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

I bought an M1 Carbine (IBM) in 1986 for $150. The dealer had crates full of them.
$69.50 in 1962 would equal $253.21 in 1986 dollars, so the value went down between 62' and 86'.

The Ruger Blackhawk was $116 in 1962, which is $872 in todays dollars, so one of these is actually cheaper today than back then.

Last edited:
Page 37 explains that you don't need a bazook or tools to get through a cinder block wall, just cut a hole with the AR15 - a weapon the author claims is for far superior to the M14 that any comparison in meaningless. Wow, they were slinging hash way back then too [rofl]

Page 37 explains that you don't need a bazook or tools to get through a cinder block wall, just cut a hole with the AR15 - a weapon the author claims is for far superior to the M14 that any comparison in meaningless. Wow, they were slinging hash way back then too [rofl]

Wonder what ever happened to that 500-round magazine??

I wish they would honor the prices!!

Haha I'm 23 and I wish I was alive back then to buy everything in this issue.

I have an invisible time machine. You can use it if you give me $1000.

(results are not guaranteed, payment is not refundable. Genetic mutation resulting in use or misuse of said invisible time machine is the soul responsibility of user. CRSIII enterprises shall not be held liable for a gawddamm thing)

CRSIII, a family company![smile]

Back
Top Bottom