Guns, Military Shells Seized From Cohasset Home

Ugh poor guy....looks like a pile of milsurps and average Joe guns. So said how chicken shit we have become.

The important lesson here is that "credible reports" of unsecured guns in an LTC holder's home is sufficient cause for a police search (not sure if it was a coerced "consent" search or one with a warrant).

They don't look like the nicest guns but man I hate seeing police handle private property so poorly.
Shows zero respect....

Police say there is no public safety threat and detectives are reviewing the case to see if there is any criminal wrongdoing.

So guy has a license to possess, no threat to the public and pd still hasnt figured out if there's anything criminal going on. Clear cut case of "...BUT GUNZ!!1!" [rolleyes]

such a nice collection of olde-timey stuff, insane that this kind of stuff draws a police response

So, the shells were shells, right? Nothing in them? So glad I don't live in MA anymore... I had some military "shells" sitting around as decorations. It probably wasn't a good idea in that state.

The right to keep and bear arms shall be infringed in MA!

This is what happens when 400,000 firearm owners don't stand up for their rights!

400,000 march in Boston and say we have had enough of our RIGHTS being taken away!

If you need a permit for something it is not a RIGHT!
If you can not carry your firearm in public. You don't have a RIGHT!
When the police have control of your RIGHTS to own firearms. It is a privilege not a RIGHT!

These RIGHTS are guaranteed in the most important document written by our founding fathers.
They specifically included the words "Shall not be infringed".

They understood that local and federal govt. would try to limit or prohibit such ownership of arms. Because they had foreseen the British doing the same exact thing to them.

It's about time we take a stand or we will fall due to death by a thousand cuts!

Sure move away! Like that is possible for everyone..

How about standing up and doing what is right for the future generations sake!

We live in the birthplace of freedom! The proudest state in the union that so many lives were given to have such freedoms!

Have we forgotten the cost of such?

Our forefathers would be ashamed of the citizens here for what we have allowed this great state and nation to become!!

Make Massachusetts great again!

Last edited:
Anything is better than doing nothing!

Get other firearm owners involved.

I said it at the GOAL advocacy meeting last month.

Why are we trying to persuade people that want our rights taken away?

We should be gathering the support of those that exercise the right and build up our support in numbers that way.

400,000 people in MA exercise the right and how many are actually involved with help being the protector of such a right?

GOAL has 16,000 members and we wonder why it is so easy for the Liberal freedom takers to strip away our RIGHTS with such ease as a stroke of a pen..

I bet COM2A numbers are even less than a quarter of that..

Some will say more of the same, with the same result.

With that kind of thinking have the left already won or are we just getting started!

Last edited:
I was considering an old Belgium Browning A-5 shotty. I hear those things will keep firing every time you pull the trigger, until you deplete the 3 or 5 shells. [shocked] Glad I passed on the A-5. That's the crown jewel on top of pile of evil rifles in that guy's truck. Looks like an old side-by-side too, which could fire two shells at the same time! Looks like some military grade stuff too- perhaps some type of Mauser? And that lever gun- if you practice enough they are almost as fast as a full auto. OK, done with the sarcasm...

Not knowing what the 'ordnance shells' actually were (dummies maybe?), the rifles look like a stack of C&R stuff and Fudd guns. Not exactly scary stuff. Sad that a 65 year old guy can't have his guns around the house without getting a raid. Very few states that would have made a big deal over this unless the shells were 'live'.

Police say there is no public safety threat and detectives are reviewing the case to see if there is any criminal wrongdoing.

Minority Report?

Sad thing is that I would like to downsize my holdings.... but I'm only allowed 4 personal transfers per year and most of my guns need to be transferred FTF. SO basically the people who do not want me to have guns will not let me get rid of them!!!!!!

The important lesson here is that "credible reports" of unsecured guns in an LTC holder's home is sufficient cause for a police search (not sure if it was a coerced "consent" search or one with a warrant).
Very important! Did he talk himself into this situation instead of telling the LEOs to pound sand and get a warrant, or did they actually show up with the warrant in hand?

I spy an AR-looking pistol grip in the bottom right of one of the pics... wassat? No corresponding stocks.

Very important! Did he talk himself into this situation instead of telling the LEOs to pound sand and get a warrant, or did they actually show up with the warrant in hand?

Wondering if he says "Go get a warrant" can the chief say "Oh, really? LTC revoked, no warrant needed!"..?

Wondering if he says "Go get a warrant" can the chief say "Oh, really? LTC revoked, no warrant needed!"..?

Now that's interesting. Who needs a warrant when your COP has discretion to revoke your LTC on "credible reports" and immediately dispatch the goon squad to confiscate your stuff?

Cracks me up how some of you guys immediately blame this shit on the cops. You think Cohasset PD actively went after this guy, but havent filed charges? Maybe, just maybe, it was brought to the PDs attention in some other fashion.

Now that's interesting. Who needs a warrant when your COP has discretion to revoke your LTC on "credible reports" and immediately dispatch the goon squad to confiscate your stuff?

You still need a warrant to enter the premises and search. Suspended or revoked LTC is not enough to allow the cops to kick your door in, but feel free to barf out Spewdries like some others.

It was, said in the story they received a tip that seemed credible. I think the question being asked is should that be enough to enter a home. Assuming the man didn't let them in on his own.

Cracks me up how some of you guys immediately blame this shit on the cops. You think Cohasset PD actively went after this guy, but havent filed charges? Maybe, just maybe, it was brought to the PDs attention in some other fashion.

did they need to pull his license?
They could have easily said Mr 65 year old your going to have to put all this stuff in one closet and put a lock on the door. Do you have someone that could pick up a Hasp and a a pad lock for you? then allow him to jam everything into a closet and install the hasp.... this is of course if there is no stolen gun issues or other details being left out.
Im guessing a pissed off wife or some shit which brought the PD down.

Regarding my earlier comment about unsecured guns being justification for a police search - I was basing my comment off of this line in the news article:
Police searched the home after they received a credible report that there were “unsecured rifles and shotguns strewn about” the house.
Prior to this incident, I would not have guessed that storage violations would be sufficient to justify a search.

But, as with all news articles, there may be factors not mentioned in the media coverage.

I sure hope for the safety of this state that they took his car keys away and suspended his drivers license.
I bet his car was unlocked and unsecured a well..
Can't have car keys just laying around..[rolleyes]

Seeing as terrorist are using those to run down people.

After all driving a car is a privilege..

The will of the Elites in this state trump your puny RIGHTS!

Repeal the 2nd Amendment!

Last edited:
Nice try Rob.

You guys have any idea how many "credible tips" actually come in from sons and daughters of 65 year old fathers that dont like the fact that there is a large collection of firearms in their old mans home that they may have to deal with when he kicks the bucket?
I do. It happens all the ****ing time. Not just firearms, but drivers licenses and some other fun shit that family members dont want to handle, so they dump it off on the local cops.

Some of you guys actually think you know your sons and daughters; you dont.

You still need a warrant to enter the premises and search. Suspended or revoked LTC is not enough to allow the cops to kick your door in, but feel free to barf out Spewdries like some others.

I was simply asking a question. I have no idea what the answer is - that's why I asked. I'm aware of the rules about confiscations, transfers, etc, but many members here know that isn't always how it goes down in MA... The article doesn't make it clear whether his LTC was revoked before or after the "seizure", or if the "seizure" was in fact a confiscation following revocation. Pure speculation here but if they showed up on his doorstep to hand him written notice of revocation and said "OK time to surrender your guns" would this article read any differently? Would most people say "no"?

Last edited:
Nice try Rob.

You guys have any idea how many "credible tips" actually come in from sons and daughters of 65 year old fathers that dont like the fact that there is a large collection of firearms in their old mans home that they may have to deal with when he kicks the bucket?
I do. It happens all the ****ing time. Not just firearms, but drivers licenses and some other fun shit that family members dont want to handle, so they dump it off on the local cops.

Some of you guys actually think you know your sons and daughters; you dont.

That does not negate my point. Even if the tip came from an offspring, it is still the case of a tip for a storage violation being used to justify a search.

I'm very familiar with the drivers license thing. In fact, the police were called on my wife when she took my MILs driver car keys. Police explained "you can't do that, those keys are her property", and then filed a report to have the driving license pulled. In the case of a DL, if the elderly person does not cooperate, the family has to pawn it off on the cops or an MD.

As to revocaction ahead of confiscation. A revocation is not a search warrant. The subject is required to surrender all guns and extra killy mags, but is not required to permit entry or a search. If I was served with a revocation seizure, I would politely say that I am not allowing the police in my house but will bring all guns unloaded and in cases to the doorstep to comply with the order. I would take the scopes off the guns when possible to do so quickly, but I would not play any cute games like holing back a gun as that is a sure way to make the mess even worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom