Guns Inc. West Springfield, MA - Revamp

Western/Central MA NESers,

Guns Inc. in West Springfield, MA is completely revamping the whole store. It looks to be more than doubling in size. Stock/variety on handguns is a bit on the low last time I was there, but they had a fair amount of long guns. They weren't sure when the overhaul would be complete, but they looked about 75% of the way there last week. Anyone west of Worcester, it's worth checking out if you've never been - Or worth re-checking out if you have. Eastern folks, if you’re out this way I think it's worth stopping in.

I've bought a few things there and they've been very helpful and nice to speak with. I've spoken with Steve, Kendall and Phil, knowledgeable and they don't have the sometimes found gun store "holier than thou" attitude.

if the old man from AAA is still there it will still have the holier than thou attitude. the guy was a dick

last time i was in there the ammo shelf was surprisingly low, the used gun racks were almost empty. and the only thing they had was new guns. But the guy i talked with and bought ammo from was nice, not pushy and seemed to enjoy talking to people.

though ammo price was a little high, it's still one of my main hits when i go gun shopping. Ill stop there, G&Gparts, Guns&Gear, R&R, That little shop going up towards huntington, Personal Defense out by hadley.

The 1 time I went in that shop to meet someone for a transfer, and they told me gun cases were illegal. Like any kind of case. I walked out and will never go back.

The blonde girl with the yoga pants was damn hott though.

Cases for transport to and from the range is what I mean, not for your house. I asked him, "how do I get my guns to the range than?"

The guy just looked at me all puzzled...duh! Here's your sign!

Last edited:
I may try them when Phil is either fired or quits. They will be at the big E show at the end of the month. I will not pay them full msrp while the next table over has similar inventory at real world pricing.

The old guy is gone. The knapicks own it I think. The blond is Kendall. Phil is an ok guy, but yea a but of attitude. The new shop looks like it'll be nice when its done. They are overpriced on some stuff but under on others. Hit or miss.

if the old man from AAA is still there it will still have the holier than thou attitude. the guy was a dick

last time i was in there the ammo shelf was surprisingly low, the used gun racks were almost empty. and the only thing they had was new guns. But the guy i talked with and bought ammo from was nice, not pushy and seemed to enjoy talking to people.

though ammo price was a little high, it's still one of my main hits when i go gun shopping. Ill stop there, G&Gparts, Guns&Gear, R&R, That little shop going up towards huntington, Personal Defense out by hadley.

Old fat guy was a real shitbird. I am gad he is gone, but the new owners has this stigma hanging over his head.

Ps. Seems like a larger than. Normal amount of gun stores in wmass are for sale. Ware Gun shop, r+r, and Nicks sport shop are for sale....Group Buy????

There is some chick working there who is real snotty, don't care much for her. The prices are outrageous, I paid something like 14 bucks for a box of 50 crap surplus reloaded last time I went, and that was the cheapest stuff!! Their ammo selection is next to nothing, they have a lot of guns but the prices are high. For instance, I checked in on the MP 15 Sport, it was something like 750. FS Guns will do that for a lot less. We will see if things get better after the renovation.

i am hoping the bigger store increases buying power and decreases prices. I have gotten a couple good deals there, but I dont by ammo or gear. Guns n Gear in agawam has some great prices on reloads by the way.

Just throwing it out, are you western MA guys down for an western MA NES get together? If so, Ill start a thread to put it out there.
Let me know.

I went there once looking for preban ar mags. I was told they were illegal. Needless to say it was my last visit ever (and they were only stones throw from my place).

Dream To Dream took me in there. I bought some ammo (my first .223!) there to be a nice guy and to support D2D, as he seemed friendly with them. They seemed OK enough to me.

Like others have said I find their pricing outrageous - especially the ammo. They were trying to get like $20 something for a box of 50 9mm! Any guns I checked out were also priced on average $50 more than other shops in the area were selling for, so I guess that's why they can afford the huge expansion! I guess they must have a fudd client base that doesn't access the interwebz and know what stuff goes for elsewhere.[laugh]

They can be very friendly but be careful with any work done by them. I have bought a few guns from them and the fact that no used guns are test fired by them not good. I went and looked at two pistols and both had issues and were put to the side "to be looked at". Had an Ar put together there since I had the lower cerakoted and got it back week later then it was suppose to only to find buffer tube not screwed in all the way and lost detent pin and spring got another out of pocket, then rail was not lined up with upper and front sight lined up with rail so that was off. Get it fixed go to range and doesn't cycle so take it apart to find that they put the gas tube in upside down. They ended up giving a 75 store credit which was like a slap in thew face after lost time parts and having to do it myself in the end. With that said I still go there time to time but do your research. This work was done by Phil and couldn't even apologize.

Prices are high, several of the employees have a terrible attitude when asked questions and they brought those same "attributes" to the Marlboro gun show a couple of weeks ago. I'm not saying I'll never go back but I'm talking years not weeks or months.....

I went in a couple weeks ago the guy wanted to enter my drivers license information in his computer to buy a book.

I told him no he said he needed my license information for the receipt? I said I was paying cash!

He said he couldn't do it with out my license.

I said no thanks and good luck in business. I won't be back.

I went in a couple weeks ago the guy wanted to enter my drivers license information in his computer to buy a book.

I told him no he said he needed my license information for the receipt? I said I was paying cash!

Yeah, there was a thread about their practice of collecting info, and apparently it was because they had some thefts, so they decided it was a good idea to collect customer info so that they have a good pool of "suspects" to look at. Just that reasoning alone is enough to get me to never give them any business.

Went there a few weeks ago. Prices were a joke, the female was a bitch to some guy who asked if they had a gun instock, which they did not and made no effort to order one for him. Gopher Phil seemed like less of an a**h***, but not by much.

Buddy of mine took his safety course there, was pretty much a diploma mill from what he told me.

This. Blondie scanned my driver's license into the computer before I was aware of this policy. The receipt (and their computer files) have my home address, home phone number and DL number. This was on a purchase of empty brass, and after they had already seen my LTC when I looked at a gun. I like to support the locals, but we go through enough legal BS in MA without them adding another layer of extra-legal crap. There are other shops that don't do this.
If they're cutting corners on the pistol course, they're asking for big trouble down the road.

High prices for sure. Usually they have a limited selection of handguns and ammo, and the attitude factor along with misinformation can be pretty high at times. I have had both good and bad experiences there so I'll give the new owners a shot after the remodel, but im really expecting an improvement.

High prices is whats keeps me away from this place. Guns and Gear is much better with their ammo prices and they're much more friendlier.

High prices is whats keeps me away from this place. Guns and Gear is much better with their ammo prices and they're much more friendlier.

Yep, that's why they end up with most of my money! They have really built that into a very nice business which I feel will continue to grow.

I went once and only once! A friend told me not to go but I did since I had time in the area. I was shopping for a holster. I was pocket carrying a 357Mag 340PD at the time and needed a holster. He instructed me not to take my gun out of my pocket. Ok thats fine with me. But he asks me for my LTC to check out a holster....???

Then after I buy a $10 holster I ask him if he can keep the packaging so I can just use it now. His response..."Just don't try and return it..." I should have thrown the holster at him for the attitude. Who returns a $10 holster? I only bought it there to be nice. I would never go there again with the attitude and crap they gave me.

I try and keep my gun buying more local now. Dave's, Avid and Petes.

Guns and Gear for me too. Just biught my first Sig and ammo. Great prices and friendly service. I'll be back. Agawams best kept secret.

Back
Top Bottom