• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns in the movies

Palladin

NES Member
http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero/2016/10/bang-your-buck

A former technical adviser and gun fight choreographer—who has asked not to be named—says that firearm companies can forge kinships with certain films. “Lone Survivor” (2013), which narrates a SEAL counter-insurgency mission in Afghanistan, allegedly received $250,000 from Beretta for a product placement deal. He states that they replaced all existent handguns with their own .45s model; in reality, the SEALs would have carried Sig Sauer p226 and Kimber 1911s.

interesting [hmmm]

"The Glock 17 and the Beretta 92fs models appear most often on-screen, but maintain comparatively low production volumes: either fans do not rush to buy them, or they deliberately produce fewer models in order to seem rare and desirable."

Huh? Really? [laugh][rofl]

"The Glock 17 and the Beretta 92fs models appear most often on-screen, but maintain comparatively low production volumes: either fans do not rush to buy them, or they deliberately produce fewer models in order to seem rare and desirable."

Look man, I'm only buying one of those Glocks that I can cock (to sound all hard and BA) right before I'm about to waste a sucka!!!!

Look man, I'm only buying one of those Glocks that I can cock (to sound all hard and BA) right before I'm about to waste a sucka!!!!

One of things i notice is cocking back when you know the gun would have a round in the chamber or worse is when you hear the cock back noise without the action

lol obviously they pay to have stuff in movies especially lone survivor I haven't read it in forever but doesn't he have a 308 rifle in the book not a 556?

Despite the fact that he is a convicted felon who has served time in Massachusetts, Mark Wahlberg has handled Berettas, Glocks and SIGs in his various films. My wife just purchased a Glock 19, only because she cannot handle my Ruger GP100. We make purchases based upon real needs, not Hollywood BS.

Back
Top Bottom