Guns in t.v.'s "Falling Skies" tonight.

So, I'm sitting here watching this scrappy human survivors vs. aliens show, and all I can think of is, where did they get all these full auto AK's and AR's with folding stocks and the like, if this show is supposed to be set in Massachusetts? Now that's science fiction!

Steve

So, I'm sitting here watching this scrappy human survivors vs. aliens show, and all I can think of is, where did they get all these full auto AK's and AR's with folding stocks and the like, if this show is supposed to be set in Massachusetts? Now that's science fiction!

Steve

Good old Yankee ingenuity!

Its sci-fi and tv. Im sure they do not care so much about those small details like where did all these illegal firearms come from in MA.

Hey I liked it...kinda predictable, but WTF...good summer entertainment...Ma**h***s go to war against the aliens...and set up camp in Acton, guess it will be hell driving through Acton tomorrow [laugh] on my way to Maynard.

Actually, in a way it is an endorsement of the 2A, because in the end the 2nd Massachusetts an ad hoc militia group bears arms against an enemy invader. I wonder sometimes what Spielberg (who was the overall executive producer) was trying to say? The regular military and the National Guard have been wiped out. In the end it's up to the people to fight.

I suppose, just like Battle: LA, we really yearn for an enemy that is easy to define and is definitely in the wrong.

Couldn't help but think that they could have called upon the NES Ma**h***s to act as extras in the making of the series, just like Ted Turner used Civil War reenactors for Gettysburg. I'm sure everyone would have been willing to bring their own equipment and weapons. (it looked like it was filmed in Mass, but I didn't catch all the credits) Tonight there was only a single 50 Cal, an NES member could have provided twin 50's. One of the lead characters even corrected his son who asked for a clip, said "it's a mag" and also when he referred to "hollow nose bullets" he was again corrected with "hollow points."

I'll watch it and enjoy it for what it is...try not to read to much into it...and laugh over the silly parts that are inevitable. Not the best, but it sure beats the Oprah Winfrey Network [grin]

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly on the whole prediction part, but I thought the aliens would have been setting up the armory, not the other group. Though, kind of like the outlaw biker guy. He has that kind of crazy look in his eye.

As far as bringing your own guns, HUGE liability issue, and knowing MA they had to endure extra crap. Probably had to pay a fee for every 'evil' assault weapon and machine gun.

Steve

They got them at the gun show....thats where you go to get 50 caliber fully automatic sniper the sign on the mass pike says so.

Steve

Obviously, folks from NES are going to be the only ones left alive after the alien/zombie/honey badger/etc invasion...and NESers are nothing if not resourceful about their firepower

Steve

Maybe in the plot lines of that show Victor Bout was released from prison and started selling goodies in MA once SHTF broke out?

-Mike

Where the hell was this filmed? Did anyone recognize any of the locations?

ETA: Just looked it up. Hamilton, Ontario. [hmmm]

Did anyone else hear the 'that's a magazine, not a clip' line? Wow, maybe someone in Hollywood has been listening. Or was that meant to be sarcasm.

Maybe catering the libs idea that as soon as something actually goes wrong all of these goodies will become miraculously available?

I watched it for and where its got a slight cheese factor with the stomping bi-pods and "skidders" the fact that it takes place in Mass is cool It will be on my list of summer watching.

I watched the premier last night. Like 24, I'll be suck in and continue chase down the season. [wink]

I watched it last night and thought it was very entertaining!! Also thought it would be worth an invasion to be rid our commie govermnent!!!

Thought it was ok. Was a bit stiff at times like most new shows. I'll watch it and see where it goes. I am assuming Spielberg is pro 2A based on most of his movies. Citizen soldier is a theme that comes up over and over.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thought it was ok. Was a bit stiff at times like most new shows. I'll watch it and see where it goes. I am assuming Spielberg is pro 2A based on most of his movies. Citizen soldier is a theme that comes up over and over.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Spielberg pro-2A? The same guy that edited ET to replace guns with walkie-talkies?

Anyone notice the kid soldier pull the charging handle on his AR, only to have to hit the bolt release to send it forward on that empty mag? Locked and loaded! Hmm, how much would some snap caps cost? That and I am wondering what the heck they were hiding behind there in the end that was protecting them from .50 BMG?!?!!

Yeah, I know... its a TV show....

It still has me mildly interested in where they are going to take this one, so I will continue to watch... for now.

Did anyone else hear the 'that's a magazine, not a clip' line? Wow, maybe someone in Hollywood has been listening. Or was that meant to be sarcasm.

[rofl] thats funny, I actually said to the TV " its a magazine not a clip" and was suprized to hear the same repeated....

Acton is probably a good place to go, Im sure EC has some "anti critter" loads for his .500!

Back
Top Bottom