Guns in India - What are these?

I flew into Delhi last night for work and I hired a car to take me around to some of the sights today. The Commonwealth games are going on and there are police everywhere! Lots of people carrying around AK47 style rifles. I managed to get few pictures, can you identify what these are? Thought you would enjoy [smile]

DSCN1220.jpg

DSCN1226.jpg

3. Same as two but closer...

DSCN1229.jpg

4. ??

DSCN1239.jpg

DSCN1248.jpg

I think you're right Ray, if you look close at picture 3 you can see the Mag is "see through", looks just like the picture in the link. You can see the mag doesn't look full.

I think you're right Ray, if you look close at picture 3 you can see the Mag is "see through", looks just like the picture in the link. You can see the mag doesn't look full.

They're probably 20 round double stack mags. They look full to me. The dark colored spring being compressed on the bottom is what gives it the appearance of rounds missing.

In photo # 5 the 2 guys on the end look like they are at a casting call for "Saddam the Musical"

Yep. FALs. The first one looks like it could be a Brit L1A1. The others in the subsequent photos look like Israeli Heavy Barrel FALs. All of the caliber 7.62 x 51 NATO. The SMG is correct.

i think the gun in photo 2 and 3 with the light brown stock is a indian INSAS assault rifle

looks like ray beat me to it lol
INSAS_Standard_Issue_Assualt_Rifle.jpg

good thing you didn't take those pics in the good old free USA. You'd have had your camera and computer confiscated and been thrown in jail.

It's a good thing THEY didn't catch him taking pictures. Because he'd have been thrown in jail and in a few months someone would be asking "What ever happened to TTA89?"

Don't worry about asking how much for the Sterling...if SHTF over there, you'll be able to pick it up from the street after the guy drops it!

I'll bet this guy practices his badass face in the mirror every morning.

I gotta say, those Sterlings don't look like they'd be very comfortable to shoot at all. They're made in 9mm and 7.62x25, is that correct?

9mm only AFAIK and I bet they're a hell of a lot more comfortable to shoot then the Suomi M31s.

FWIW I'd have that same face if I was stuck standing guard duty and bored as hell.

Back
Top Bottom