• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns I'd like to see made

Did somebody say 12ga revolver?
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/09/29/massive-homemade-12-gauge-revolver/

12_gauge_revolver-tm-tfb.jpg

The governor kinda like that.

What was the .45 acp pistol they made when they couldn't make 1911's fast enough. I know after ww2 you could buy rimmed .45acp for it .

I am looking for a concealed carry gun, the "Governor" is an oversized joke. The military converted existing 45 DA revolvers to 45 ACP in WWI due to the shortage of 1911s. More than a few were cut down for concealed carry.

The governor kinda like that.

What was the .45 acp pistol they made when they couldn't make 1911's fast enough. I know after ww2 you could buy rimmed .45acp for it .

Ben the revolvers that you are referring to were the S&W and Colt Model 1917's. The Smith and Wesson was built on what we now call the N Frame and the Colt was on their large frame which they referred to as the New Service. The .gov couldn't get enough 1911's made. I believe it was Doug Wesson who came up with the half moon clips which allowed 45ACP rounds to be fired in these revolvers. This was WWI not WWII. After the war Peters (Remington) came out with the 45 Auto Rim which was a rimmed version of the .45 ACP, sporting a 230 gr round nose lead bullet and the identical ballistics of the 45 ACP.

Back in the day, when revolvers ruled, the half moon clips (full moons wouldn't debut until @ 1980's I believe) were considered to be a PIA and even though we see them as a type of speed loaders today, people just didn't think that way which is why the .45 Auto Rim was so popular.

Both revolvers were great guns and very cheap when they became surplus although both saw service in WWII (the Colt not so much with the military). Ben I remember seeing barrels (like in beer barrels) of them at Dave Cook Sporting Goods in downtown Denver, Colorado back in the early 1960's. Your choice: Colt or S&W for $29.95. and yes...the barrels were right out in the aisle, you could pick out the one you wanted at your own leisure.

S&W made other revolvers for the .45 ACP/45 Auto Rim and made several revolvers in recent times in their Classics Series: The Thunder Ranch Model which they called the Model of 1950 (which was a refinement of the 1917 with the short action which was marketed up thru the 1960's but never sold well because everyone wanted .357s and .44 Magnums) and the Model of 1917 which incorporates the modern S&W revolver internals. I have them both and really like to shoot both.

Ben the revolvers that you are referring to were the S&W and Colt Model 1917's. The Smith and Wesson was built on what we now call the N Frame and the Colt was on their large frame which they referred to as the New Service. The .gov couldn't get enough 1911's made. I believe it was Doug Wesson who came up with the half moon clips which allowed 45ACP rounds to be fired in these revolvers. This was WWI not WWII. After the war Peters (Remington) came out with the 45 Auto Rim which was a rimmed version of the .45 ACP, sporting a 230 gr round nose lead bullet and the identical ballistics of the 45 ACP.

Back in the day, when revolvers ruled, the half moon clips (full moons wouldn't debut until @ 1980's I believe) were considered to be a PIA and even though we see them as a type of speed loaders today, people just didn't think that way which is why the .45 Auto Rim was so popular.

Both revolvers were great guns and very cheap when they became surplus although both saw service in WWII (the Colt not so much with the military). Ben I remember seeing barrels (like in beer barrels) of them at Dave Cook Sporting Goods in downtown Denver, Colorado back in the early 1960's. Your choice: Colt or S&W for $29.95. and yes...the barrels were right out in the aisle, you could pick out the one you wanted at your own leisure.

S&W made other revolvers for the .45 ACP/45 Auto Rim and made several revolvers in recent times in their Classics Series: The Thunder Ranch Model which they called the Model of 1950 (which was a refinement of the 1917 with the short action which was marketed up thru the 1960's but never sold well because everyone wanted .357s and .44 Magnums) and the Model of 1917 which incorporates the modern S&W revolver internals. I have them both and really like to shoot both.

Thanks for the info.

I really like .45 acp for some reason lol . I wish I could find me one of theses .
I've been wanting to get the gov for awhile just cause lol .

Huh huh huh He said "squeeze cocker"

;)

A Glock with a squeeze cocker like the HK P7M13. (My standard answer every time.)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Magnum Research has made them for quite a while. You can get a BFR in .30-.30, .444 Marlin, .45-.70, and .450 Marlin.
Ruger also makes a .30 carbine revolver.

I think Taurus was talking about releasing a 223 revolver in their similar "Raging Bull" line for a while but nothing happened, I guess they couldn't make such a powerful bottle necked cartridge work in a revolver.

There is the 22.
Boris told me there was one in 7.62x39 but it never really sold and stopped being imported . If you look at how there made you'd understand the cost . And why the Germans where trying to get a replacement .

Just because that .22 looks like a STG on the outside doesn't mean it is one.

There's a long story behind the failures of the PTR44 between reliability (there were bolt carrier issues), a 5k price tag (about twice what it was supposed to be), and issues between Importer (PTR) and MFG that killed its availability here in the US. I'd pick one up in a heart beat for around $2k, maybe even a little more.

What I would like to see is something like 6.8SPC or 6.5 Grendal become as available as .223 or even.308.

I'd also like to see a carbine in .223 (or similar round) that is along the lines of something Glock would make (simple, light, rugged).

I bet when Glock releases the Glock 43 it will be a single stack 9mm like the G42. You have to figure they have to do something different unless they start with a GEN 5. That's my prediction.

I wanna see that damn 30 caliber clip toting ghost AR 47 glock assault rifled shotgun the libturds keep swearing at and getting their panties all twisted over

This. I wish someone could actually make half the crap Hoplophobes dream up. But only after they claim it exists, so we can give them credit for the idea...

Back
Top Bottom