guns found in Somerville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity what would people say if the Police Officer let that man go with just a ticket and let one of his passengers drive the car off. Then a little while later those same Sh** heads because thats what they are anyway decided to rob,rape or kill somebody with those ILLEGAL POSSESED guns, how would people react to that? Would they say well atleast he didn't abuse his power and search the car when they pulled him over the first time and find those guns. No, people would say why didn't they do their job the first time. So to me it's a no win situation for the police no matter what and I will take the way they handled it anytime over the other. And no i'm not a cop but I believe to the most part they have a tough job and no matter what they do or how they do it someone will always find a negative. Not here to name call but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't understand the mindset of these morons. Why do you speed while driving on a suspended license with guns in the friggen car. I hope these idiots do not breed.

Some years back I was renewing my LTC and was chatting with the licensing officer. I mentioned to him that I was surprised to read in the town paper's police blotter how many arrests were made of people out on warrants that started from a traffic stop. I told him that if I had a warrant out on me I'd be driving like a grandmother.

He responded that "these folks don't think the way we do. If you had a warrant out on you, you would go court and get it taken care of - they won't. People who would drive carefully if they had a warrant out on them wouldn't have a warrant out on them to begin with."

Whats this we S*^&. I don't remember electing or appointing you to speak for the rest of us here. We all have opinions and one would hope that we could express them in a constructive way. But when I see folks saying "we" you assume you speak for me, you don't.

This has turned into yet another LEO bashing thread...[popcorn]

So you want more laws?

Just out of curiosity what would people say if the Police Officer let that man go with just a ticket and let one of his passengers drive the car off. Then a little while later those same Sh** heads because thats what they are anyway decided to rob,rape or kill somebody with those ILLEGAL POSSESED guns, how would people react to that? Would they say well atleast he didn't abuse his power and search the car when they pulled him over the first time and find those guns. No, people would say why didn't they do their job the first time. So to me it's a no win situation for the police no matter what and I will take the way they handled it anytime over the other. And no i'm not a cop but I believe to the most part they have a tough job and no matter what they do or how they do it someone will always find a negative. Not here to name call but that's just my opinion.

I would support them letting them go 100% and say now.that they have actually committed a crime they should be arrested. I'm fully behind the old saying better 100 guilty men go free than one innocent go to jail.

I support freedom for everyone, not just those who think they shit rainbows and unicorns.

Just out of curiosity what would people say if the Police Officer let that man go with just a ticket and let one of his passengers drive the car off. Then a little while later those same Sh** heads because thats what they are anyway decided to rob,rape or kill somebody with those ILLEGAL POSSESED guns, how would people react to that?

****ing east coast liberals... Somehow 40-odd American states get by just fine without a license to possess a firearm. But somehow you Massachusetts Kennedy-strokers think that an "ILLEGAL POSSESED" gun is some sort of epic crime.

Police will never be able to protect you from the risks of life or from the unavoidable costs of a free society. But you can destroy a free society by trying to achieve safety at the expense of liberty. The outcome of one isolated case is irrelevant.

Look, you can pass a new law requiring a license to walk down the street. Then you could show me examples of how searching people who "walk without a license" resulted in arrests of criminals on outstanding warrants, or even stopped some guy planning to commit a crime. None of that would legitimize the process. You don't judge government that way. You assign government the minimal power necessary to protect liberty and then you live with the results.

I have a hard time comprehending why anyone would think that the guys who search you illegally, put you in jail for practicing your rights, take your property, and prevent you from being able to defend your life, are not every bit as dangerous and as much of a threat to your life as a drug dealer or a thief.

The thugs with a badge that do this to you are just as bad or worse as the thugs without a badge. We'd be much safer if we were left to fend from the gang bangers and thieves for ourselves (which we essentially already are), if in turn we all were able to carry a firearm anywhere and any time we want without someone with a badge preventing us from doing so.

We need cops that enforce MA laws for a living, just about as much as we need the gang-bangers and thieves.

Then a little while later those same Sh** heads because thats what they are anyway decided to rob,rape or kill somebody with those ILLEGAL POSSESED guns, how would people react to that?

If you are ignorant to the fact that these shitheads are going to get another gun and go do what they were going to do before the cops found them, then you are just plain ignorant. So, anyone with any kind of sense about them would not even begin to place any kind of blame for the cops not taking away their guns.

These cops did not prevent any crime by taking away the guns that these thugs had the right to own. Get it through your head.

By your logic, Chicago should be the safest city on the planet, right?

Just another disgusting thread.

Seriously most of you need help. I come here and joined here for knowledge and end up reading 10 pages of crap ranging from cops suk to all you MA people are idiots.

We should make a forum so all of you who want to argue non stop all day and night can do so because basically you make this forum sound like a bunch of retards. (Not all) Some people intruduce and engage good conversation. Others just want to fight the man...

I will be sticking to the members forums and dismissing most of the general comments. So flame away and have a nice day.

Seriously most of you need help. I come here and joined here for knowledge and end up reading 10 pages of crap ranging from cops suk to all you MA people are idiots.

We should make a forum so all of you who want to argue non stop all day and night can do so because basically you make this forum sound like a bunch of retards. (Not all) Some people intruduce and engage good conversation. Others just want to fight the man...

I will be sticking to the members forums and dismissing most of the general comments. So flame away and have a nice day.

Nothing forcing you to stick around.

The group here is what it is. Grumpy at times, but no better place for coherent and useful discourse on firearms, society and politics will you find. You'll learn a lot here once you pull your head out.

Awww, nobody is being fwendly to people just because those people infwinge on others wights... waaaaaa [crying]

Don't let the door hit you on your way out, pal.

How could you come on a forum about the individual right to keep and bare arms, and expect that people are not pissed off at the way things are going in MA?

You're lost.

Nothing forcing you to stick around.

The group here is what it is. Grumpy at times, but no better place for coherent and useful discourse on firearms, society and politics will you find. You'll learn a lot here once you pull your head out.

Pull my head out of what?

As I previously mentioned I learn a lot from this forum and in general enjoy visitig multiple times a day. This is about the 20th thread I have watched get bent into a forum flame fest. I am all for a good debate but when it resorts to name calling and generally being a asshat it has gone to far. IE: The last 3-4 pages..

Just sayin. Carry on

- - - Updated - - -

Awww, nobody is being fwendly to people just because those people infwinge on others wights... waaaaaa [crying]

Don't let the door hit you on your way out, pal.

You are not my pal or atleast not that I am aware of. Carry on with your name calling. I am sure sitting behind your keyboard acting liek a tough guy makes you feel better.

Chocolate starfish.

As I previously mentioned I learn a lot from this forum and in general enjoy visitig multiple times a day. This is about the 20th thread I have watched get bent into a forum flame fest. I am all for a good debate but when it resorts to name calling and generally being a asshat it has gone to far. IE: The last 3-4 pages..

Just sayin. Carry on
Then sit this one out and watch the fun. Just because you don't like how the message is stated doesn't mean the message is wrong.

Just sayin. Carry on

- - - Updated - - -

You are not my pal or atleast not that I am aware of. Carry on with your name calling. I am sure sitting behind your keyboard acting liek a tough guy makes you feel better.

You're under the wrong impression about a lot of things. Instead of discussing them, you've jumped in and made an ass about yourself by going on the attack and then saying you're ought of here. If you have an opinion, discuss it civilly. Don't expect to get positive results by attacking people's views and leaving.

You're under the wrong impression about a lot of things. Instead of discussing them, you've jumped in and made an ass about yourself by going on the attack and then saying you're ought of here. If you have an opinion, discuss it civilly. Don't expect to get positive results by attacking people's views and leaving.

That is your opinion. You are welcome to it. How exactly did I make a ass of myself? By calling people out for resorting to name calling which is at best childish?

Anyways..have fun

As much as people don't like it, not all firearms owners (or second amendment supporters) are on the same team. Not even close.

How exactly did I make a ass of myself?

Because, you have nothing to add besides criticizing how people are discussing something. The discussion is going just fine without someone like you coming along and calling it disgusting. We have mods here that handle it if it gets out of control. Add to the discussion or stay out of it.

Then you start going on criticizing people here who are upset at MA law and cops in MA. Well, guess what? This is a forum about gun RIGHTS. How would you ever expect to have gun rights advocates in MA discussing MA law and the people who enforce those laws, and not expect to hear a bunch of people bullshit mad about MA law and cops?

Please, answer me that question. Because I find it entirely ridiculous that you could ever expect anything else.

Are you entirely clueless as to the type of tyranny that is going on in MA and the fact that people are going to be pissed off that other people willingly put food on their table by enforcing laws that prevent others from being able to defend their own lives? Are you? Please answer me that. Because, if you are then you should be part of the discussion. You should not be slamming the discussion and leaving.

An empty holster, or even an empty shell casing, creates probable cause for a search. Especially if non of the occupants have a valid LTC. That's well established case law. Nothing particularly new about it either.

Bullshit. You don't need a license for a holster. **** off if you want to search my car over a ****ing holster. What's the case law over a holster? Shell casings, sure, in this ****ed up state, but a holster? I'd like to read that.

Bullshit. You don't need a license for a holster. **** off if you want to search my car over a ****ing holster. What's the case law over a holster? Shell casings, sure, in this ****ed up state, but a holster? I'd like to read that.

Amazing, isn't it? You stop to get gas on the way to the range, some LEO sees an empty holster in your car, and next thing you know he forces you to submit to a vehicle search. And you will find a bunch of people -- many of them members here -- who will be just fine with that.

Because, you have nothing to add besides criticizing how people are discussing something. The discussion is going just fine without someone like you coming along and calling it disgusting. We have mods here that handle it if it gets out of control. Add to the discussion or stay out of it.

Then you start going on criticizing people here who are upset at MA law and cops in MA. Well, guess what? This is a forum about gun RIGHTS. How would you ever expect to have gun rights advocates in MA discussing MA law and the people who enforce those laws, and not expect to hear a bunch of people bullshit mad about MA law and cops?

Please, answer me that question. Because I find it entirely ridiculous that you could ever expect anything else.

Are you entirely clueless as to the type of tyranny that is going on in MA and the fact that people are going to be pissed off that other people willingly put food on their table by enforcing laws that prevent others from being able to defend their own lives? Are you? Please answer me that. Because, if you are then you should be part of the discussion. You should not be slamming the discussion and leaving.

That is fine. I dont care for name calling which seems to be the one thing you cling too.

I did make a comment much eariler in this thread about my thoughts. I did not expand it and go all nutty. I guess you figure the louder you yell and the more name calling you use you will be heard better. I have a diffrent approach.

In this case a person was stopped by the police for speeding. A gun holster was seen and I am sure the Police asked if he had any weapons and THEN probably asked him to exit the vehicle so that he could search the car. 2 stolen firearms are in these people's possension as well as 6 others( If I remember right) thus they are criminals due to having 2 stolen weapons.

I am also sure that none of the arrested admitted to owning or possesing the firearms thus the police arrested them all.

You like to use this as a cry that the police should have never been allowed to search the vehicle. That is a fair statement but the police did have probable cause which was proven correct I might add. To try and demonize the police in this situation is just not smart. Do you know if any of the arrested had criminal records? Do you know if any of the arrested have a long history with Somerville Police? Do you really even have any real facts on this situation? They could be gang bangers who have multiple warrants out for arrest. They could be me just driving around..Unlikely because all of my guns are legally owned. How exactly is the policemen supposed to know the good guys from the bad guys?

Bottom line:

I dont like all of the restrictions that are pput on LEGAL gun owners in MA. The illegal gun owners are the problem and that is what makes it so easy to have idiotic polaticians get these insane laws passed and we all know that those laws do nothing to actually stop gun violence from bad people. Until the Justice system starts hammering out huge fines and jail time to illigal gun carrying people you will end up with more laws that only hurt us.

I suggest that you focus your attention on that versus this isolated incident.

I don't understand the mindset of these morons. Why do you speed while driving on a suspended license with guns in the friggen car. I hope these idiots do not breed.

Time and time again it happens. Particularly drug traffickers - always speeding and have some obvious non-operational item on their vehicle begging the police to pull them over. Personally, I think they are used as intentional distractors so the larger shipment of illegal items skates right through after the police are all occupied with the vehicle search.

Amazing, isn't it? You stop to get gas on the way to the range, some LEO sees an empty holster in your car, and next thing you know he forces you to submit to a vehicle search. And you will find a bunch of people -- many of them members here -- who will be just fine with that.

I was pulled over for not stopping complete at a light and making a right turn. In the back of my truck was a AR15, Single shot .22, S@W 686, Ruger 22 pistol (model escapes me right now), S@W 1911 and on my side was a glock 19.

Officer clearly saw all of the guns in the back of my truck and asked if I was coming home from range..I said yes.

He then ran my driving record and came back and said stop at those red lights then turn with a smile..handed me back my license and said have a good day.

The illegal gun owners are the problem and that is what makes it so easy to have idiotic polaticians get these insane laws passed and we all know that those laws do nothing to actually stop gun violence from bad people.

There is no such thing as an illegal gun owner. Owning firearms is their right.

And no one is arguing that they should be allowed to steal or own stolen property.

Until the Justice system starts hammering out huge fines and jail time to illigal gun carrying people you will end up with more laws that only hurt us.

No. Until people like YOU get it out of your head that certain people are "illegal gun owners", we will always have a justice system that punishes people for owning guns. And, that system will always encroach upon YOUR freedoms. If you want to stop the laws that hurt "us", you need to stop supporting laws that infringe on everyone's right to own a firearm.

I live in a state where it is LEGAL for everyone to carry a handgun who is not federally disqualified. And, we get along a hell of a lot better than Nazi states like MA filled with people like you who think that certain people should be deemed "illegal gunowners". If someone is not in prison they should not be prevented from owning and carrying guns.

Your take on this situation is part of the problem and not the solution. Don't bitch and moan about your rights being taken away by ridiculous laws, and then support when thugs take someone else's rights away. That is an ignorant approach. And that is all I have to add to the discussion. I've got nothing more that I can possibly do to help you see the light.

The arguements here sound as ridiculous as those used by the open carry dummies when they cause a scene then videotape the aftermath.

So, police stop a speeding car, find the driver unlicensed, observe a holster, driver is not in posession of a LTC, search the car, find STOLEN guns, and somehow the upstanding members on here have a problem with that.

This was not a clear cut case of police abuse, an innocent licenced motorist that was cavity searched over a holster. It was a valid arrest that took guns from someone who clearly shouldnt have them. Isn't that our whole arguement as part of supporting the 2A for law abiding citizens

I was pulled over for not stopping complete at a light and making a right turn. In the back of my truck was a AR15, Single shot .22, S@W 686, Ruger 22 pistol (model escapes me right now), S@W 1911 and on my side was a glock 19.

Officer clearly saw all of the guns in the back of my truck and asked if I was coming home from range..I said yes.

He then ran my driving record and came back and said stop at those red lights then turn with a smile..handed me back my license and said have a good day.

Unfortunately, liberty can't depend on random positive outcomes. If all that stands between us and a police state is LEO discretion then we are finished.

Law is made by both the legislature, and by precedent.

If the cops stop a driver for speeding, and see an empty holster, then using that as a pretext for looking through the car, the cop finds illegal guns, or whatever. Goes to court, and the perp goes to jail.

Now...fast forward a few years.....you are pulled over for speeding, and an empty holster is seen. Cop asks you to step out of the car, and he searches it. Though you have no contraband you're inconvenienced. Is it still cool?

Oh....I don't know how things are on Mars, but on NES, a thick skin is a good idea.

And if the driver had a valid LTC, the holster would probably not have raised the same level of suspiscion! How is that hard to comprehend??

The arguements here sound as ridiculous as those used by the open carry dummies when they cause a scene then videotape the aftermath.

So, police stop a speeding car, find the driver unlicensed, observe a holster, driver is not in posession of a LTC, search the car, find STOLEN guns, and somehow the upstanding members on here have a problem with that.

This was not a clear cut case of police abuse, an innocent licenced motorist that was cavity searched over a holster. It was a valid arrest that took guns from someone who clearly shouldnt have them. Isn't that our whole arguement as part of supporting the 2A for law abiding citizens

It may be your argument. It surely isn't mine. Go back to the basis for the search. If it was an empty holster and a shell casing then I don't care how dirty the subjects turned out to be. No search should be allowed on that basis.

And if the driver had a valid LTC, the holster would probably not have raised the same level of suspiscion! How is that hard to comprehend??

Nobody should need a license to own a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom