• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

guns found in Somerville

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing as an illegal gun owner. Owning firearms is their right.

And no one is arguing that they should be allowed to steal or own stolen property.

No. Until people like YOU get it out of your head that certain people are "illegal gun owners", we will always have a justice system that punishes people for owning guns. And, that system will always encroach upon YOUR freedoms. If you want to stop the laws that hurt "us", you need to stop supporting laws that infringe on everyone's right to own a firearm.

I live in a state where it is LEGAL for everyone to carry a handgun who is not federally disqualified. And, we get along a hell of a lot better than Nazi states like MA filled with people like you who think that certain people should be deemed "illegal gunowners". If someone is not in prison they should not be prevented from owning and carrying guns.

Your take on this situation is part of the problem and not the solution. Don't bitch and moan about your rights being taken away by ridiculous laws, and then support when thugs take someone else's rights away. That is an ignorant approach. And that is all I have to add to the discussion. I've got nothing more that I can possibly do to help you see the light.

LOL except send me neg rep points for disagreeing with you.

Read back up a few posts and look at how many times you asked me to engage this situation and explain what i thought. I do as you asked and you send me neg rep points. you are not worth my time and frankly wasted about 20 mins of my life I will never get back.

Welcome to the ignore list.

Yikes. I suppose, as the OP I should again clarify my "good guys" comment. As a brother of a guy who had his guns stolen (long story, not getting into it here) I feel that some stolen guns being found is a hudge victory (for the poor guy who lost them) ok? NOW do you understand???

[smile]

You don't need a LTC for a holster. How hard is THAT to comprehend?

so... all my friends selling me SERPA holsters and collecting $200 from me and then giving me a my little pony stamp on a piece of paper have been feeding me BS in that it's not a destructive device... and this stamp means nothing?!

And if the driver had a valid LTC, the holster would probably not have raised the same level of suspiscion! How is that hard to comprehend??
What does a gun license have to do with a holster? Does that woman now require LTCs to purchase holsters? [rolleyes] If I keep a two-rifle case open on the back seat, does that now allow the cop to search my vehicle?

Owner will probably be charged with failure to properly store weapons in locked cabinet
Sadly, if the owner was a Mass resident, this would be a possibility. The majority of states don't think their residents should be treated like 4 year olds who should have to put their toys away at night.

Just to stir the pot some.

Say same stop. Replace guns with hash, opium, and heroin.

replaced holster with brand new unused bong.

Still a bad stop and search?

The basis for the search was warranted when the driver was arrested for driving with a suspended liscense. Do you comprehend that! Once he was arrested the responding officers noticed the holster in the backseat and that was enough to allow the search. Nobody's F***ing rights were being violated. If you think they were then you are not too smart!

Last edited:
The basis for the search was warranted when the driver was arrested for driving with a suspended liscense. Do you comprehend that! Once he was arrested the responding officers noticed the holster in the backseat and that was enough to allow the search. Nobody's F***ing rights were being violated. If you think they were then you are not to smart!

The proper spelling is "too."

Search incident to a lawful arrest and/or an inventory search are well accepted as permissible.

The question is was the presence of a holster a sufficient reason for the arrest? No. The suspended license? Yes. So there is the lawful arrest that permitted the search.

As an aside, holsters really should be licensed items as well. If we can keep the holsters out of the hands of the children, then they will have nowhere to store their handguns.

Search incident to a lawful arrest and/or an inventory search are well accepted as permissible.

The question is was the presence of a holster a sufficient reason for the arrest? No. The suspended license? Yes. So there is the lawful arrest that permitted the search.

As an aside, holsters really should be licensed items as well. If we can keep the holsters out of the hands of the children, then they will have nowhere to store their handguns.

Mexican carry.

Awww, nobody is being fwendly to people just because those people infwinge on others wights... waaaaaa [crying]

Don't let the door hit you on your way out, pal.

How could you come on a forum about the individual right to keep and bare arms, and expect that people are not pissed off at the way things are going in MA?

You're lost.

OK Mr. I hate all LEO's , you still have not answered the original question.
ARE you so Fing cheap you cant pony up 21 bucks to support NES????? You call police thugs, and rant away against anybody who disagrees with your position......but you cant support the shooters forum you post on. Guys like you are no more than keyboard commandos. Pony up looser, pay the 21 bucks. At least then your supporting the forum your using to flame away at folks.

It may be off base but were you trying to be a LEO and didn't make the cut.????? Or did you mouth off to a LEO and have the snot kicked out of you[slap]. You seem to have a great deal of hate for the men and women who choose law enforcement as their profession.

Now fire away, take your best shot, etc. etc. but my bottom line, YOUR STILL A CHEAP SOB for not joining NES.

p.s.Did mom raise the rent on your basement apartment.[rofl][rofl][rofl]

Yes, but...

Searching a person and anything in his direct control (backpack for example) is undisputed in a search incident to an arrest. Search of the vehicle is not quite as clear. Many will probably say it's A-OK, but legally it's not a clear answer at all.

This incident seems to hinge on the visible holster as probable cause. I'm not sure what to think there, just the fact that you don't need a LTC has nothing to do with it. I think a reasonable inference can be made that if there is a holster, there is likely a gun. Or maybe not. Again not a clear answer.

Certainly not a cut-and-dried case. I can see where the police may have been justified in the search based on the probable cause, but others will probably see it differently. My guess is the PC would be upheld in court.

Yes, but...

This incident seems to hinge on the visible holster as probable cause. I'm not sure what to think there, just the fact that you don't need a LTC has nothing to do with it. I think a reasonable inference can be made that if there is a holster, there is likely a gun. Or maybe not. Again not a clear answer.

I think the difference of opinion in this thread is the holster versus the driving on a suspended license. The latter is an arrestable offense which would permit an inventory search/listing of the vehicle contents even if no holster was present on the seat.

Last edited:
I think the difference of opinion in this thread is the holster versus the driving on a suspended license. The latter is an arrestable offense which would permit an inventory search/listing of the vehicle contents even if no holster were present on the seat.
Is it the arrest, or the impounding / towing of the car that triggers the ability to search? For example, if the driver were arrested, but a spouse with a driver's license were in the car to drive it away, could it still be searched?

It may be off base but were you trying to be a LEO and didn't make the cut.????? Or did you mouth off to a LEO and have the snot kicked out of you[slap]. You seem to have a great deal of hate for the men and women who choose law enforcement as their profession.
You a cop? You sound like a cop. You make bullshit statements like a cop. You a cop?

Seriously, not becoming one and/or getting an A&B from one are the only two reasons a person won't like cops? Do you have any realization how much bullshit that is, or is my sarcasm meter broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom