• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Guns for Goods" in Worcester, 12/14/2013

Dr. Michael Hirsh, founder of the Worcester initiative and chief of pediatric surgery and trauma at UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center, said when reached Saturday evening.

"We collected several high quality guns, including one military-style assault rifle and a Glock semiautomatic pistol, weapons for interpersonal mayhem," Hirsh said

let me guess, Harvard or Yale? [rofl]

Anyone care to speculate on what gets turned in, and by whom?
Here's my guess... The majority will be heirs of gun owners don't know what to do with 'em, and want nothing to do with 'em. And the only illegal guns turned in will be by moms of kids, either gangbangers or wanna-be's, that pull 'em out of their little bastards sock drawer.

Whaddaya suppose the legal/illegal ratio is?

the glock they had pictured was still in the factory box and had the reloading thing with it. really need to make signs up to go stand outside and inform people where to go to get more money and maybe score on some of these.

the glock they had pictured was still in the factory box and had the reloading thing with it. really need to make signs up to go stand outside and inform people where to go to get more money and maybe score on some of these.

Researching my own last post, I found some have done exactly that. In Tuscon dealers set up a tables some distance from a buyback offering market pricing. [rofl]

What are the cops going to do this that brand new Glock .40?

I'm sure it won't be destroyed especially since it is better than what many cops carry as duty weapons now.

I have wondered if the "killy looking guns" and other nice ones are plants. To get people to think "look at what a good job we are doing".
There is no reason whatsoever to think that this does not go on...
Loaned out for the Leftist DemocRAT gun-grabbing cause by the Ware Gun Shop maybe? [thinking]

What are the cops going to do this that brand new Glock .40?

I'm sure it won't be destroyed especially since it is better than what many cops carry as duty weapons now.
It all depends on who gets to decide.

A pragmatic leftist would either keep it for the next photo shoot or sell it and donate the money to the gun-grabbing cause.

A looney tunes moonbat leftist would insist that that it be melted down and made into a full-size statue of Obama.

If a cop gets to decide, neither you or I (or the moonbats) will ever know. [thinking]

I see Wegmans is a sponser another good reason not to spend money with them.

will never spend a dollar there again.

I will put up $1,000 next year to buy grocery gift certificates to keep guns at our table instead of the hands of the statists.

I'd rather see them on consignment at an FFL rather than in a cop's personal collection or melted down.

If there is profit from the 1k after consignment sales, I will donate 100% of any profit to comm2a.

Let's set up a table near their buyback. Who's with me?

I see a newer glock with finger stubs, it makes me sick, because that glock is not going to be destroyed, a member of the police will take it for themselves or sell it. [banghead][banghead]
[puke][puke]How I feel about this

I always thought my glock for shooting at the range... Does that fall under the interpersonal mayhem clause?

Let's raise 2 grand @$25 per share. approach a Green town with an ffl. Offer our own "buyback"

Sort out the "crime guns"

Each share gets one ticket. 1st name picked gets first pick.

Pay FFL a transfer fee.

Our own perverse "getting guns off the street" scheme

Let's raise 2 grand @$25 per share. approach a Green town with an ffl. Offer our own "buyback"

Sort out the [STRIKE="crime guns"]"crime guns"[/STRIKE] broken antique revolvers, single-shot Sears Ted Williams .22s, starter pistols, cap guns, and BB guns and great-great-grandaddys wallhangers.

Each share gets one ticket. 1st name picked gets first pick.

Pay FFL a transfer fee.

Our own perverse "getting guns off the street" scheme

FIFY

Seriously... EVERYTHING I've read said that actual crime guns are virtually NEVER turned in.
I suspect the extra killy looking black rifle and handgun (Daewoo and Glock respectively, IIRC) in the pic that started this thread will have been plants by the LEOs, OR if not plants then I speculate they were turned in by a widow with no idea what to do with them.

Back
Top Bottom