Guns are white supremacy’s deadliest weapon. We must disarm hate.

Reptile

NES Member
Opinion by Sharon Risher
Jan. 31, 2021 at 7:43 p.m. UTC
The Rev. Sharon Risher is a member of the Everytown Survivor Network, a volunteer with Moms Demand Action and the author of “For Such a Time as This: Hope and Forgiveness after the Charleston Massacre.”

The defining photograph of the attempted insurrection on Jan. 6 was that of a man strolling through the broken halls of our national Capitol, amid the smashed windows and assorted rubble of the failed coup, proudly brandishing a Confederate flag on his shoulder and hoping to overturn an election decided largely by Black voters. It’s an image that tells the story not only of Jan. 6 or of the Trump presidency, but also of all the steps that led to that moment — the whole history of hate in America captured in one frame.
For me, the echoes of that picture reverberated back nearly six years, to the day my mom — Ethel Lee Lance — was shot and killed while praying in Charleston’s Mother Emanuel Church along with eight other Black Americans, including two of my cousins and one of my close childhood friends. In the months leading up to that tragic day, my mom’s killer posed for pictures with the Confederate flag, sometimes even slinging it over his shoulder just like that insurrectionist in the Capitol did.

The similarities between these two days don’t end there: Both days ended in deaths, both attacks were perpetrated (at least in part) by white supremacists chasing a lost cause, and tragically, the perpetrators of both incidents were carrying more than just flags. My mother’s killer was armed with a handgun; the Capitol insurrectionists were armed with enough live ammunition to shoot every member of the House and Senate five times.
This deadly connection between white supremacy and guns runs throughout our history. In 1866, armed Confederate loyalists stormed the Louisiana Constitutional Convention, murdering 34 Black Americans in an attempt to block suffrage for freed slaves. In 1898, an armed White mob in Wilmington, N.C., proclaimed a “White Declaration of Independence,” then killed at least 60 residents before replacing the multiracial local government with white supremacists. In 1921, mobs of armed White residents of Tulsa attacked the Black neighborhood of Greenwood, murdering as many as 300 Tulsans for the crime of being Black and successful. In 1955, Emmett Till was tortured and shot in the head by White vigilantes. And today, mass shootings – from the church in Charleston to the supermarket in El Paso to the Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis. — have been committed by white supremacists filled with hate and armed with a gun.
Simply put, if the Confederate flag is the primary symbol of white-supremacist hate, the gun is its deadliest weapon.

Marching against the POTUS with the lowest black unemployment as well as lowest incarceration rate in history. They are as stupid as white college kids marching against Fascism...while posting it on FB.

They weren't marching against Trump they were marching against cops who pull them over for a speeding ticket, end up shooting everyone in the car, then get a search warrant, go to the house, shoot the dog and then shoot the family because one person in the car maybe had marijuana residue in his/her pocket that later turns out to be a melted candy cane. Then the cops who took everyone out don't apologize or make no public statements, the cop investigate the cops and the cops find that they did nothing wrong and that the cops are awesome. My argument is hyperbolic but you get the idea. If you don't, well I feel sorry for the future. This particular picture though was a group of armed people who marched against the KKK an actual real live white supremacy organization.

Free sh_t or their gun rights. People will always vote for the free sh_t!
Because these people know they ain't taking away their illegal guns.

They weren't marching against Trump they were marching against cops who pull them over for a speeding ticket, end up shooting everyone in the car, then get a search warrant, go to the house, shoot the dog and then shoot the family because one person in the car maybe had marijuana residue in his/her pocket that later turns out to be a melted candy cane. Then the cops who took everyone out don't apologize or make no public statements, the cop investigate the cops and the cops find that they did nothing wrong and that the cops are awesome. My argument is hyperbolic but you get the idea. If you don't, well I feel sorry for the future. This particular picture though was a group of armed people who marched against the KKK an actual real live white supremacy organization.

In that case they should marching against the proliferation of victim mentality, glorification of crime and fatherless homes, the same shit Dimocratic party fostered to keep them in chains of dependence on the same .gov they be hatin' on, yo. Word.

Also to note, it doesn't get better when incompetents are promoted into the ranks based on skin color. Before Pink Floyd ODed, Somali cop shot a whitey girl for no reason, and f***ed up so bad that he actually went in prison. All the Dim controlled enclaves, like that shithole Min, all PDs and city goverments are overflowing with over represented racial hires who f*** shit up more than whitey ever could.

My post was more to point out that Democrat minds are manipulated so easy...black...white...female...gay...straight.

I had a gay niece tell me she voted against him because of gay marriage...despite DJT stating it was settled law...I had a Jewish friend tell me he voted against him because he's Hitler and several times talked about DJT throwing Jews in ovens...then they named streets after him in Israel...I have a black friend who talked about Jim Crow and slavery ...coming back ....and as I have posted before DJT reached out to the black community more than Barry ...and then backed it up with action and had the lowest black unemployment and incarcetation numbers in history. It's a combination of the education system...the MSM...and Hwood....all lying their asses of to scare stupid ppl and clearly it works very well.

I thought werdz were the deadliest thing. Which is why they banned people on the Twit and ForceBork. I guess we can get those back and have Twit and FB ban the use of guns on their platform.

Duh, guns are only deadliest cuz my bank account isn't big enough for a nuke warhead, in fact it isn't even big enough for an M1 Abraham. Poor me, and I am not even a white supremacist.

This particular picture though was a group of armed people who marched against the KKK an actual real live white supremacy organization.
Democrat senator Robert C. Byrd:

... When it came time to elect the top officer (Exalted Cyclops)​
in the local Klan unit ((150 members; all of whom he'd recruited)),​
Byrd won unanimously. ...​

President Joe Biden* on Robert C. Byrd:

... a very close friend of mine, one of my mentors ...​

Those guys that are marching -
are they happy on the Urban Vote-Harvesting Plantation?
They'll do just fine for the next two years.

Do they think they're poised to grab some real power?
They're gonna need those guns.
Kamala*'s not doing this for them...

Duh, guns are only deadliest cuz my bank account isn't big enough for a nuke warhead, in fact it isn't even big enough for an M1 Abraham. Poor me, and I am not even a white supremacist.

Serious question: Do you consider yourself a Person Of Color? Do others?

How do you define your identity? (I met you once, at a state house rally).

Serious question: Do you consider yourself a Person Of Color? Do others?

How do you define your identity? (I met you once, at a state house rally).
I don’t think about my identity all that much, all those little boxes by race, skin color, sexual orientation or national origin are all part of identity politics that distract us from really important issues.

The term ‘person of color’ should be thrown into the garbage heap of history IMO. It was a racist term then and I think it is still now.

I don’t think about my identity all that much, all those little boxes by race, skin color, sexual orientation or national origin are all part of identity politics that distract us from really important issues.

The term ‘person of color’ should be thrown into the garbage heap of history IMO. It was a racist term then and I think it is still now.
Xie xie for the info.

My identity is Wonder Bread. [laugh]

I didn't see a "Confederate Flag" displayed. I saw what uneducated people call such a flag, but it is not actually, accurately, or factually, a Confederate Flag.

Back
Top Bottom