Guns and Violence

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0674007530/104-0039378-6247177?v=glance&n=283155

I got this great book (Penned by a Mass Resident) for Christmas. Just finished it while I was out to sea. It analises the records kept in England and Whales all the way back from the Middle Ages to Present day, looking at guns and violence (and of course other weapons as well).

Most of the figures are adjusted for a per-capita to adjust for population shift, and many of us won't be suprised at the results (though some people on Becon Hill probably would be).

In the last chapter it also does a comparason of the US vs. the UK.

It's a little bit of a heavy read, but if you want dence, good facts this is a VERY interesting book.

The biggest thing I took away from the book was how erily similar England in the last century resembled the good old People's Republic of mASS.

At first the people had the right to keep an bare, then certain guns were restricted, and licences were required. Then licences became more prohibitive (both in cost and action) and so-on and so-forth untill we have the current "Gun Free" Country we have now.

A Recomended read!

I can't wait to talk to one of my Gun Fearing Wussy friends, who happens to call Whales his home. 8)

-Weer'd Beard

I know what you mean. Liberals refuse to look at the facts and hard numbers. I showed him stats about how violent crime in Austrailia jumped after the gun control was put in place. He said those are 'NRA numbers' and when I sent him the link to the stats, Austrailia's official bureau of records, he refused to talk to me. I conceded that crimes commited with guns went down, but crimes involving knives skyrocketed.

I always think of Archie Bunker, arguing with Gloria, asking her "Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was all pushed outta windows?" [twisted]

I think that is the one fact that so few people seem to get.

It doesn't matter what the TOOL is that is used, it is the action of the criminal.

And criminals will always be able to get guns. Want a good source? How about the United Nations, one of the most Anti-Gun organizations that exists.

In their report on "Measures to Regulate Firearms", it was concluded partly that:

"illegal firearms, whether stolen, illegally
imported, or manufactured, were utilized by criminals or organized criminal groups."

UN Document E/CN.15/1997/4 Page 27.

And do they actually think that if the Guns magically vanished somehow that it would be the end to violence?

There is no end to the source of deady weapons.

Stuff ruled as Deadly Weapons in Massachusetts:

Serrated 8" steak knife - Thompson, 15 Mass. App. 974 (1983)
Nunchucks - Hardy, 427 Mass. 379 (1998)
German Shepherd dog - Tarrant, 367 Mass 411 (1975)
Lighted cigarette - Farrell, 322 Mass 606 (1948)
Riding crop - Appleby, 380 Mass 296 (1980)
Aerosol can - Barrett, 12 Mass App 1001 (1981)
Shod foot - Marrero, 19 Mass App 921 (1984) (boots); Fernandez, 43 Mass App 313 (1987)
(sneakers), Polydores, 29 Mass App 923 (1987) (running shoe)
Large ring - Rossi, 19 Mass App 257 (1985)
Concrete pavement - Sexton, 425 Mass 146 (1997)
Ocean - Shea, 38 Mass App 7 (1995)
Shod foot - Johnson, 14 Conn App 586 (1988)
3 ½" knife - Holloway, 11 Conn App 665 (1987)
Key - Frazier, 7 Conn App 27 (1986)
Garden hose nozzle - Levine, 39 Conn Supp. 494 (1983)
Hockey stick - Jones, 173 Conn 91 (1977)
Hammer, flashlight - Killenger, 193 Conn. 48 (1984)
Razor - Costa, 95 Conn 140 (1920)

Lets start looking at the CRIMINAL and stop this useles exercise of trying to control the tool.

Always remember the Primary idea behind Gun Control. It's not a bout guns, it's about CONTROL. They can not force us into a "1984" type scenario as long as we're still armed. Also, gun control is essential to take over, according to the older Communist doctrines.

And if you think a Liberal is anything other than a Communist, I've got a bridge I'm selling. 8)

reinbeau said:
I always think of Archie Bunker, arguing with Gloria, asking her "Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was all pushed outta windows?" [twisted]

I remember that one. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom