Guns and Movies

I also must admit that watching Delta Force was the primary reason I SBR'd my Uzi Carbine.... That movie is a Uzi lover's dream.

Nothing fancy for me.

I'd just like to get a large loop lever action Winchester like John Wayne used in (?) "Rio Brovo" and "Silverado".

Anyone know what caliber the movie version was? I'd like it in .44.

Used ones had been a bit under $300. Now that Winchester doesn't make them anymore they are $600 and up.

I'm not a big revolver fan..actually this would be my first..but what the HELL
hellboy_pic2.jpg

I'm glad the thread has 4 pages already and I hate to be the Enforcer (another great Eastwood flick for a gun wanted) but....

"I'm not talking an unrealistic buy, but a gun you actually have or had a chance to buy and never did. One you know you could afford if you saw it for sale and would get it after seeing it in a certain movie."

[rules]

I think Mel Gibson in the original Lethal Weapon used a Beretta 92. I always liked the look and feel of the Berettaand have owned several over the years. Shame they don't shoot as well as they look, for me at least. I have an unfired 92FS collecting dust right now in the safe with a pile of pre-ban mags. Might be worth something more than I paid for it someday.

A bit off topic of movies, but the SVI/Infinity 45 caliber open gun (the same model that compromises 50% of the first MA target roster) finally made it into the second season of Heroes. I was a bit concerned they wern't going to continue it, but there were a couple of nice closeups at about minute 55 of the show on Monday. Some of the shots in Heros feature the gun so nicely you'd think it was "product placement" (it wasn't).

I've had a few movie guns...

Didn't buy them cause they were movie guns bought em cause I wanted the guns...like they say (with any alledged historic gun) buy the gun not the story...Both of mine came direct out of the stembridge collection, so I feel pretty comfortable with "the story" on both of them...

Had a semi full size UZI that was just basicly your generic "back ground" gun, no specific TV or movie credits, but showed plenty of use... nice gun but I sold it few years back...

But those of you who have seen or shot my Maxim MG08/15 may not know it too came out of stembridge. Now because the old stembridge records suck it can't be said with 100% certainty, but if you watch John Waynes "the longest day" towards the end of the film while they are fighting with all the nuns around, you see the Germans have an 08/15 on the roof top...well that is "probably" my gun...

Again...I bought the guns not the story...so who knows...I know they both came from stembridge so there is some degree of validity to the storys...

From Die Hard: H&K P7 in stainless(or so it looks like) in the hands of Hans, the terrorist leader.
From Johnny Dangerously: The .88 Magnum("it shoots through schools")

Back
Top Bottom