• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns and kids in the home

It IS on topic. Safes are used to prevent unauthorized access of firearms to kids. Having two is an easy way of balancing that need to restrict access with reliability in case of emergency.

Discussing the merits of the laws like you were doing is a seperate discussion. This is not.

The thread was started to discuss pediatricians' handing out flyers to urge parents not to keep guns in the house.

If discussing the merit of a law that was created to punish gunowners that in their eyes are endangering children by not keeping their guns locked up in their own home is off topic, discussing the implementation of fault tolerance to your gun storage technique is off topic as well.

Pot? Kettle. Comm check.

I was just teasing vellnueve a little bit for slightly deviating off topic because I did the same thing and I got a "stay on topic" messge. I hope it didn't get taken the wrong way. Perhaps I should have made use of the smiley faces and put a wink or something.

I had a wonderful experience the other day! I have been in denial about get eyeglasses for about 5 years. Since my shooting has been suffering because of it, I decided to make an appointment for an eye exam. When I entered the office the nurse noticed my GOAL hat and told me that she had been a member for years.[shocked] I asked her if she was still active in shooting and explained that she was currently involved in bullseye shooting. Then I met the optometrist and explained that I was looking for a variety of glasses (everyday, hp shooting, hunting) and he got this look on his face, like he was thinking of something to say. I was ready for his ignorant liberal comment when he tells me, "you know, I've always wanted to try shooting".[shocked][shocked]Things went great from there and I walked out with 3 different prescriptions. My final trip for the day was to the eyeglass shop. I sat down and talked to one of the eyeglass technicians and he also noticed my GOAL hat. He asked me if I was a hunter and I told him that I loved hunting all types of game. He reached into his desk draw and showed me a picture of a deer that he bagged last season.[shocked][shocked][shocked] What a great day!

Back
Top Bottom