Guns and ammo save butterflies

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-skyrocketing-gun-sales-are-helping-to-conserve-butterflies/

Barry wins as the greatest environmentalist of all time!

A surge in gun and ammunition sales since 2008 has created a rush of new money for projects like the one in New York to protect the Karner blue butterfly. “We’ve literally more than doubled the Pittman-Robertson fund from 2008 to 2013 and that influx has had a huge positive impact on state wildlife agencies,” Curcuruto said.

Srsly, I didn't know anything about the pittman-robinson act, interesting read for me.

As a member of the hook and bullet crowd, I had no idea that I was covering an 11% tax on the wholesale level.

Was it suicide? The butterfly jumped in front just as she was ready to shoot? I've seen this before.....

Happened to me with a small bird on the skeet range in boy scouts ... I yelled pull and as I pulled the trigger a bird flew 1 ft from my barrel. All we found was some feathers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Was it suicide? The butterfly jumped in front just as she was ready to shoot? I've seen this before.....

It was. My friend and I saw it coming, but my wife never did. I'm pretty sure it was the concussive blast that did it, not the bullet. She's had a lot of fun telling the story, though, as have my daughters.

Back
Top Bottom