Gunrunners 101 Gun SHop - RT-101 Amherst, NH

Visited Lee's Gun Shop II on Rt 101 in Amherst recently and wanted to note here that partner Bob Bell is no longer affiliated with Lee's having expanded the business with additional handgun, long-gun cases and racks plus additional accessories, knives, ammo, etc., under new business name: GUNRUNNERS 101 Same expanded hours to accommodate deer registration. Phone 603-943-7715. Nice store, friendly atmosphere, pretty nice selection of new and pristine pre-owned guns plus easy access east or west on Rt 101 makes for a worthwhile visit.

Last edited:
Hey whats up im new here so yes this is my first post on here. im chris, figured i introduce myself and add to this post since i love the store good prices fair selection which is always getting bigger and better everytime i go in theres more guns and products. I've personaly bought 2 handguns there. Will be buying more in the coming months. ill be looking for my first assult style rifle. So ill be doing a little trolling in those forums. Anywho Gunrunner 101 (AKA lees gun shop) great store.

That's not it. Every time I go there, he has more stuff. I was there just yesterday, and his pistol cases only had one hole in them. Nothing wrong with his hours of operation. He's been open 7 days a week for the whole hunting season. I think now he's closing on Sundays, though.

Pardon me if I'm dense.

Is the gist of this post that Lee's Gun Shop II in Amherst, on Rt 101A, is now called Gunrunners 101, and perhaps under some new management?

Yes, on RT 101A, just west of Walmart. He was associated with Lee's Gun Shop in Hudson. Currently, he's in the process of splitting with the Hudson guy, so at some point, he'll become Gunrunners101. But it's still Bob, no new management.

Probably a good thing to split off from Lee's after Bob Lee's interview today in which he suggested he was 100% behind eliminating private transfers and making people run every transaction through an FFL. For a modest fee, one would assume.

What!? Do you have a link?

He went off on the same show (The Exchange) Hoell was on. Different segment. You could tell Knoy was surprised. I think she was (as usual) putting stuff out there for the guest to respond. He was OK otherwise, but... woah.

Gunrunners 101 (formerly Lees 2) IS a good place. I bought a pistol from Bob, who is a neighbor of mine. He's a family man, an honest guy and deals fairly. Not the biggest place, but he has an interesting selection of new and used pistols each time I've been in.

Yeah, no negative things to say about "Lees 2". Good folks doing good for other good folks.

He's sold a couple of guns for me on consignment already, and I have two more there right now. His rates are reasonable and he's close by. :)

Probably a good thing to split off from Lee's after Bob Lee's interview today in which he suggested he was 100% behind eliminating private transfers and making people run every transaction through an FFL. For a modest fee, one would assume.

All the more reason to avoid doing business with Bob Lee. He treated me like crap when I did a transfer there. I will check out Gunrunners 101 at some point knowing he is not affiliated with the 'other' Bob.

Stopped by this afternoon. Same selection of guns and accessories, and just like everywhere else, very little ammo. Everybody was talking about the difficulty of getting 22 rimfire ammo. Some nice knives in the case, including a couple items by Pinnacle Mountain.

While I was there, the guy who makes those clay pigeon holders came in with his new product line. See the other thread for details, here's a hint:
330wcb5.jpg

I think Bob's break from the original Lee's could be the best thing for him. Particularly with his new location. And, if you like those Pinnacle Mountain knives, you should see his shop!! We had him make a custom kitchen knife. Super impressed!!

Diane Bell (Bob Bell's wife) speaking for Gunrunners 101. Thank you for the great reviews! We are doing our best to fill the shop. While it is difficult to find ammo and popular guns at the moment, we do have a few sales reps that are doing their best to send things our way when they can. The split from Bob Lee is amicable, we remain friendly. Bob Lee wished to change to an LLC and it was easier for all concerned to become separate companies. As someone VERY new to the gun world, I appreciate everyone's patience. I had to jump in with both feet to help Bob when things got busier for the shop in October and it has been a trial by fire for me! I am learning more every day. I do a great deal of the buying and welcome requests. The local support has been wonderful and Bob and I both look forward to growing the business to meet more of your needs.

Last edited:
Hi Diane. Actually, this ^^^ right here is a good thing. A lot of people have a lot to say about the local shops, and not always do they seem to keep track of how they are doing. Coming here to post is a good way to do that.

Huge LE activity by the store tonight. 10-15 police vehicles and ambulance. Hope not related to the store and hope everyone's OK.

Not related to Gunrunners from what I gather. Was something about a traffic stop that went bad...foot pursuit etc. I'm sure more details will come out today.

Back
Top Bottom