Gunman kills 35 in attack starting at Thai child care center

MaverickNH

NES Member

"A gunman who attacked a child care center in Thailand and then fired from his car as he fled killed more than 30 people Thursday, including two dozen children, authorities said. It was the deadliest mass shooting in the country’s history. The assailant, identified as a former police officer, killed his wife and child before taking his own life.

….Firearm-related deaths in Thailand are much lower than in countries like the United States and Brazil, but higher than in countries like Japan and Singapore that have strict gun control laws. The rate of firearms related deaths in 2019 was about 4 per 100,000, compared with about 11 per 100,000 in the U.S. and nearly 23 per 100,000 in Brazil."

From NYT (no free link): https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/10/06/world/thailand-shooting

"Mass shootings are rare in Thailand, but in a country with millions of firearms, the authorities have long worried about the potential for more gun violence. There were more than 10.3 million privately owned firearms in Thailand in 2017, according to a survey by gunpolicy.org, a nonprofit organization based at the University of Sydney. Only about six million of those were registered.

The rate of private firearm ownership in Thailand that year worked out to about 15 guns for every 100 private citizens, the group said. That was far fewer than the United States’ rate of 120 guns per 100 people in the same year. But Thailand, a majority Buddhist country of about 69 million, has some of Asia’s highest rates of gun ownership and gun homicide. It is also a key underground market for firearms in Southeast Asia
."

Last edited:
Ex cop too.
Oh wait. This doesn’t happen in other countries according to Obama.
Will they blame the gun or the sicko now?
Thailand. Much tougher gun laws than the US

Not a nice country. It's a crazy run place, actually.

Did you know that the average American has a very favorable view of Thailand?

Did you know that the questionable government(s) of Thailand, in a bid to make them seem nicer, have shipped literally THOUSANDS of people to the US to open. . . Thai Food restaurants???

No lie. Those folks are sent over by the government. They get a lot of aid from the US and want the US to have a favorable view of them. The place seems like a banana republic in SE Asia. LOL

Did you know that the questionable government(s) of Thailand, in a bid to make them seem nicer, have shipped literally THOUSANDS of people to the US to open. . . Thai Food restaurants???

No lie. Those folks are sent over by the government. They get a lot of aid from the US and want the US to have a favorable view of them. The place seems like a banana republic in SE Asia. LOL

I've been to Thailand several times in my younger years and I always thought it was a very nice country. But as with anything, they have their problems and this story sucks. These deranged people always go after innocent children to make their statement. Special place in hell for that guy.

"In a Facebook posting, Thai police chief Gen. Dumrongsak Kittiprapas said the man, who had been a sergeant, was due in court Friday for a hearing in the case involving methamphetamine, and speculated that he may have chosen the day care because it was close to his home."

Meth not guns, he knew his life was over and went full Postal.

Whats so bad about thailand?

The were the first country to openly accept trans..

They own a lot of guns

Thailand is one of the few asian countries that allows the plebes to own guns. They learned a valuable lesson from Japanese occupation in WW2. Surprising since I've been there and the people are pretty peaceful and Buddhism in practice was something to see. The people were very kind and very helpful.

These things only happen in America!

Oh, wait...

Only the police and military should have access to guns!

Oh, wait...

---------------

Mental disease is worldwide. I just wish these Murder-Suicide people would get the order correct

I don't have a problem with someone deciding to take their life -- I haven't walked in their shoes, so I don't know what demons they are fighting. But why the eff take a bunch of innocents, including your own family, with you? I never will get that.

Let's see, how can I commit the most horrible heinous shit? I know, I'll kill a bunch of innocent children. Yeah, thats it!
Exactly. I can understand killing your significant other, A business partner, your lawyer or accountant, The pope, a politician. Somebody you feel that wronged to you.

What is it with people killing kids. That’s just the next level retard shit and also pathetic…

I really just wish these people would kill themselves. But they’re cowards

I can't understand that. Walk away. Divorce the witch. Why destroy your life, your family's life, and her family's life? That makes no sense to me.
My point was is how do you kill a complete stranger? At least the other stuff kind of makes sense.. But killing kids?

Other for the shock factor I can’t understand what the f*** they were even thinking other than they’re sick in the head

So far, not much about new guns laws...

"The mix of drugs and mental health issues among the [police & military] forces is a problem Thailand needs to address, he added.

“Thailand might have to start to think more about how it manages mental health amongst professionals, particularly those who have access to guns, or who have become used to having used to having violence as a kind of tool for their occupation
.”

So far, not much about new guns laws...

"The mix of drugs and mental health issues among the [police & military] forces is a problem Thailand needs to address, he added.

“Thailand might have to start to think more about how it manages mental health amongst professionals, particularly those who have access to guns, or who have become used to having used to having violence as a kind of tool for their occupation
.”

Unfortunately Thailand is smack dab in the middle of the golden heroin triangle in that region. It's pure and plentiful there. Pretty sure the drug cartels are running everything there so it's hard to see a path out of that drug issue. When we'd pull into Thailand the ship would always broadcast that there is no cocaine here. It's pure heroin even though there is a no drug policy. We'd always leave Thailand a few shipmates short because they'd snort what they thought was cocaine and got a nose full of pure heroin. Dead on arrival.

Back
Top Bottom