gunbroker

I made the mistake of signing up for gunbroker.com a while back. I don't use it. I can't cancel. They keep billing me. Absolutely no way to call them. Anyone else experience this scam?

They send me an email bill for 1$ every month. I don't pay it. There phone number goes no where. Now they threatened me with collections agency over $14. And there is no one to call....

They send me an email bill for 1$ every month. I don't pay it. There phone number goes no where. Now they threatened me with collections agency over $14. And there is no one to call....

Try their forum page.

Send in a support ticket (email) asking your account to be closed. They want to charge $1 to people with "free" email accounts to confirm the user isn't a scammer. When you don't pay the one time free, they bill it cumulatively each month as a penalty.

Eff them, close the account, and never pay them a dime.

This is why but not supposed to be accruing.

[h=3]Why am I being charged a $1 Activation fee?[/h] (last updated on 6/28/2012)
Customers that use a Registration Email Address from a company that offers free email addresses are charged a $1 fee for account activation. It is not a monthly recurring fee.
Text regarding the $1 charge appears on the registration page. Additional text regarding the charge also appears when the user enters the email address information, as well as, before a user verifies the account.
This $1 fee is applied to your account when you submit your information for activation and is due regardless of whether the account was successfully activated. This fee is not a recurring monthly fee.
There are three places in the registration process where we reference the $1 activation fee for users of freely available email accounts:
1. Referenced on the main registration page:

I wish to close my account but can not figure out how. I can't get anyone on phone. And am worried about the collections threat letter.

- - - Updated - - -

Just sent email via help tab thanks.

I wish to close my account but can not figure out how. I can't get anyone on phone. And am worried about the collections threat letter.

- - - Updated - - -

Just sent email via help tab thanks.

E-Mail customer service, they will fix it.

The initial $1 fee is for seller accounts only as far as I recall, they put throughout the charge as part of their identity verification process.

Bought lots of stuff off GB, never had a problem.

Sounds like some phishing scam to me
This. I've been a member of GB for something like 6-7 years and don't remember ever having to pay any kind of fee for anything. Ever. Either it's a scam, or they have you under some other type of account holder where a charge is part of it. Dealer or something.

are you actually receiving bills or just emails?
my guess is it's some non-gunbroker scam.
i've had a GB account for a while and I am unfamiliar with ANY gunbroker charges.....at least not as a buyer.

When I expanded my account so that I could be a seller, gunbroker instituted a $1 charge strictly to verify my info, and assure that my credit card info was valid. That $1 charge sat on my account as a credit and was given back against my first sales fee due to them.

Back
Top Bottom