• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunbroker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little help here? I searched and couldn't find a thread. I'm just looking into Gun Broker.com now. I have never dealt with them before. Looking for a Gen 4 G19. How can they list them at $500 with no reserve and people on other sites (this one included) are asking $800+?

Is the gunbroker legit? Can I really snag a Gen 4 G19 (with no reserve) for that price? I'm seeing tons of listings that are ending in minutes, with no bids and no reserve. Theoretically could I bid a max of $200 and win one of these gems?

They may be an FFL selling them to people in other states or LE. The ones you see for 800 is private to private

Well put, Bob. OP, $500 is what glocks go for in the free world. Since FFLs can't legally sell new glocks to us unwashed masses in Massachusetts, and since all sales from places like gunbroker must be transferred in through an FFL, there's no way for you to get access to those juicy (er, normal) Glock prices. And since FFLs can't sell new glocks to us, those few new ones that are floating around (either by people moving into the state, police officer cast-offs, etc) command a ridiculous price premium.

Gunbroker, et al work fine for other purchases, e.g. that Browning Citori you've been wanting.

Hi. And welcome to the year 2013. A lot has happened while you were in deep cryogenic stasis.

Gunbroker.com is not a "them" it's an auction site just like ebay but for firearms. FFL dealers use it as a platform for sales to FREE states (where handguns are concerned). There is also most likely a "reserve" price so those auctions are simply ending with no winner then the dealer posts them again looking for someone to meet that reserve price.

I also have to believe that "Just North of Boston" means NH otherwise you wouldn't be asking about Gen 4 Glocks from an FFL.

Little help here? I searched and couldn't find a thread. I'm just looking into Gun Broker.com now. I have never dealt with them before. Looking for a Gen 4 G19. How can they list them at $500 with no reserve and people on other sites (this one included) are asking $800+?

You could, assuming you have a dealer in MA to inbound it. (doubtful) We're not discussing this here further, for obvious reasons.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom