• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunbroker

SKS Ray

NES Member
I tried registering with Gunbroker because theres a guy selling really nice Polish SKS stocks. For those of you who don't know, the Polish Honor Guard SKS rifles are minty Russian SKS rifles sitting in beatiful laminated stocks.
A member on Survivor's Boards recently posted a rifle he had re-worked for his wife and I think its amazing! http://www.northwoodsphoto.net/sks/Polish/index.html
Problem with Gunbroker is they want a credit card for registering. [hmmm] I'm not to keen on that but was wondering if anyone here has and wanted to know did they charge you for anything?

I registered there a year or so ago

I've bought one or two things and have never been charged for anything else.
I think they just want insurance against people scamming.
I understand the concern though. I cancelled Paypal because they allowed some Nigerian A-hole to access my account.

I have a Gunbroker account and I don't recall needing a credit card to register. Unless something has changed, I believe you only need a credit card to utilize the Autobid function. Sellers pay the fees, buyers don't.

I wound up registering and used a low end/anti fraud/secured card for it. I may have to wind up buying 3 of the Polish SKS stocks so you all may see 2 for sale in the classifieds in a month or so.[smile]

I'm registered on GB, AA, and GA and have never been charged for their services. GA does have a membership option, for an annual fee, that is supposed to give you some kind of extra benefit, but I've never needed it.
I think that the CC requirement is just to verify your address and prevent shilling and multiple accounts.

If you intend on selling, you definitely need a CC...Kind of like eBay. That's how they get their cut of the sale. I've sold a gun on GB before, and that's how they got their percentage.

After some reading on the site I think its due to me having an aol e mail account. Certain e mail accounts require having a credit card on file for a $1 charge which is credited to your account after you register. [rolleyes]
Either way I plan on getting rid of it after I get the stocks. Last thing I need is another milsurp outlet to suck the cash from my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom