Gunbroker Issue

So I had a seller send me the wrong color frame and he won’t return any of my emails. He has no phone number listed. I have emailed gunbroker and placed a complaint on the seller and I’m trying to get the right item I payed for. Gunbroker has yet to get back to me and it’s going on 2 weeks now. This ever happen to anybody and is it pointless for me to even try getting this corrected? Thank u and fire away!

Bummer. What does the seller have for feedback? If they have a lot of good feedback, they will probably (eventually) make it right. If they have no feedback than you are probably wasting your time trying to correct it through them and are better off going through gunbroker. Not sure what gunbroker would even do in that situation though.

I thought Gunbroker had a policy that a dealer had to take something back within a certain amount of time pending your inspection at the dealer it was shipped to. Also, did you go through with a transfer on a frame you didn't want? Or is it still at the dealer? If it was transferred to you, you may be more screwed.

FWIW, I've been using GB for about 15 years. Though I never had any problems like yours, they have always done the right thing when they could.

Dave

Bummer. What does the seller have for feedback? If they have a lot of good feedback, they will probably (eventually) make it right. If they have no feedback than you are probably wasting your time trying to correct it through them and are better off going through gunbroker. Not sure what gunbroker would even do in that situation though.
They have 7 or 8 negative reviews with the same issues as mine. Wish I saw that before I bid. I don’t do a lot on gunbroker but it has been flawless every time until now

I thought Gunbroker had a policy that a dealer had to take something back within a certain amount of time pending your inspection at the dealer it was shipped to. Also, did you go through with a transfer on a frame you didn't want? Or is it still at the dealer? If it was transferred to you, you may be more screwed.

FWIW, I've been using GB for about 15 years. Though I never had any problems like yours, they have always done the right thing when they could.

Dave
It didn’t require FFL. And I have possession of the item. I’m just pissed gunbroker is gaffing me off too.

They have 7 or 8 negative reviews with the same issues as mine. Wish I saw that before I bid. I don’t do a lot on gunbroker but it has been flawless every time until now

Other similar (same) complaints = "Buyer Beware"....

That was your red flag.

Unfortunately, it may end up being a wash-out (bye-bye money)

Gun broker is slow as molasses at responding to concerns. The mobile web version I use is slow as well so I don’t know if they care not for technology innovation, customer service, or are some fudds looking to retire.

Whatcha got? Maybe selling it on here would work better for you.
P80 Glock19 in black. Wanted OD green. It’s not a big deal, I won the bid for far less than $150, which is a going price for them. It’s the fact that Gunbroker can’t even spit out an auto-generated “we are working on your issue” email. Just gonna stick with the black

There is a guy on ebay with the same name that is also selling glock stuff.

P80 Glock19 in black. Wanted OD green. It’s not a big deal, I won the bid for far less than $150, which is a going price for them. It’s the fact that Gunbroker can’t even spit out an auto-generated “we are working on your issue” email. Just gonna stick with the black
If I had a green I'd trade you.

I didn't know they were that much now.

There is a guy on ebay with the same name that is also selling glock stuff.
Good catch, and with his 14,000 or so feedbacks he is at 98.9% positive which is pretty good. So, I am thinking he made an honest mistake with the customer on GB perhaps.

Good catch, and with his 14,000 or so feedbacks he is at 98.9% positive which is pretty good. So, I am thinking he made an honest mistake with the customer on GB perhaps.
Me too, but he won’t return my emails. And they have been nice and professional. Non threatening at all.

Sorry to hear you paid so much. You should be able to get them for ~$120. P80 has really strict MAP pricing enforcement, but they allow reduced prices through out the year in general and for some of the big boys more often.

P80 has been really bad for the last year or so keeping up with demand and keeping distributors and dealers stocked. I have some in stock (WTS - Polymer80 frame for sale $120 ) but not ODG G19 or I would swap for you. I order directly from P80 but also do spot orders from one of my distributors. Almost all the g19 size are out of stock right now (except black). If you wanted g26, almost all those colors are readily available.

Good product, but serious supply issues. Not as bad as Coonan, but...

How was it purchased, I've had charges reversed on a credit card (not gun related), but if I've done all I can to contact the seller, the CC company has given back my $$
Good luck

Always check the feedback and user reviews when purchasing on line, whether it be Ebay, Gunbroker, or Amazon.
Thats where I went wrong.
It wouldn't have mattered... not reliable!
I had a buy go south on GB awhile back so I left the seller negative feedback. Well... the seller complained to GB and got the negative feedback changed to neutral, even though two other buyers had complained about the same thing.
GB caters to the sellers...where their bread is buttered! :(

It wouldn't have mattered... not reliable!
I had a buy go south on GB awhile back so I left the seller negative feedback. Well... the seller complained to GB and got the negative feedback changed to neutral, even though two other buyers had complained about the same thing.
GB caters to the sellers...where their bread is buttered! :(
Wow! I should probably check back and see if they change my negative feedback.

Gunbroker is not there to protect the buyers, they're simply the middleman hosting auctions. It's up to you to determine who is worth buying from. Each seller will offer a different return policy, some will give you 3 days after the item is received, others there's an "AS IS no return" in which you're screwed if what you bought is not up to par with what you expected.

It really sucks because when I look for used guns that have been out of production for a long time, GB is usually the only place I'm gonna find them for a fair price. Otherwise, I'm stuck wasting fuel going to the local shops to see a $350 price tag on a rusty H&R top break or $500 for a .25 Colt 1908 Vest Pocket.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you paid so much. You should be able to get them for ~$120. P80 has really strict MAP pricing enforcement, but they allow reduced prices through out the year in general and for some of the big boys more often.

P80 has been really bad for the last year or so keeping up with demand and keeping distributors and dealers stocked. I have some in stock (WTS - Polymer80 frame for sale $120 ) but not ODG G19 or I would swap for you. I order directly from P80 but also do spot orders from one of my distributors. Almost all the g19 size are out of stock right now (except black). If you wanted g26, almost all those colors are readily available.

Good product, but serious supply issues. Not as bad as Coonan, but...
I only paid $99

Back
Top Bottom