• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't pick to unveil their "gun violence" report at a university by coincidence.

1.) Propaganda is best served to young minds.
2.) Do you really see them choosing Northeastern if they wanted to make gun laws LESS burdensome and restrictive.

Well, it's just a relational database. So if you do an SQL query (well, the application does this, I'm just saying generically) on someone's LTC # it will bring up all guns associated with that LTC #, whether or not you still own them is irrelevant. So if you bought 150 guns but currently only own 10, all 150 will still show up on the screen the LEO brings up.

ETA: This also assumes, of course, that all your purchases and transfers are recorded into the system. For example, a lot of people had bought guns from a long time ago... and if their records were in the bird poop disaster at CHSB, those records would never have been computerized. It also assumes that CHSB/CJIS actually entered your submission into their computer, EG if you had submitted an FA-10 via paper. Also move-in guns are EXEMPT BY LAW, so if you moved here with 100 firearms before obtaining your LTC, you are not legally obligated to report or register ANY of them, in that narrow circumstance.

-Mike

I requested the list from the FRB it was fairly accurate except about 10 guns that I either did FA-10's on or bought trough a dealer (about 6) that weren't even on the list

Kinda confused . If you saw a head doctor and where prescribed some thing like Prozac for depression could they revoke your ltc?

Like when I was a kid I was sent to a shrink when my parents split up , and I have friends that got ltc's that where given Prozac when there parents passed away as teens .

They could revoke if your doc prescribed aspirin for a headache! They don't need a reason. Give them info and they will mis-use it to revoke when/where they please.

Lol I'm prescribed aspirin for mirgrains for the mild blood thinning effects ... I'm ****ed .

Aspirin is a OTC drug, so no prescription is needed.

I think LenS is overstating the case a bit to make his point. The issue is the almost unfettered discretion that the issuing authorities have in terms of issuance, class of license, and restrictions. "Suitability" is left totally up to the issuing authority in most cases.

Aspirin is a OTC drug, so no prescription is needed.

I think LenS is overstating the case a bit to make his point. The issue is the almost unfettered discretion that the issuing authorities have in terms of issuance, class of license, and restrictions. "Suitability" is left totally up to the issuing authority in most cases.

I got it prescribed , so I can use my fsa (money taken pre tax) that I can use for medical stuff. I know its OTC drug lol.

Remember that this is a report, it's not law. Naughton will be releasing a bill any day now that is what we really need to be concerned with.

That said, the Northeastern prof on Deleo's committee told me that the FA10s never get put into a database for tracing guns used in crime. I'm not sure if he was lying or completely misinformed but I've been told be reputable sources that he was wrong on this. I fully expect this report to recommend laws that attempt to solve problems that are already, allegedly, solved by laws we already have.

Yeah... I believe this "task force" is more focused on the mental health and background checks (keeping guns out of the hands of criminals), aspect.

Any other crap coming down the road (AWB, +10 mag ban, licensing changes, etc), will be the result of Naughtons 'investigation'.

The final bill will be based and drawn upon the findings of both DeLeo and Naughton; which will expedite the process and leave little time or room to fight it.

Is this nightmare going to be televised or streamed at all?

I'll be very surprised if the Moms Demand Action (and possibly a Newtown parent or two), are not standing there front and center on the podium.

That alone would not be good news.

I wouldnt be surprised if streamlining the system was part of it... since they look like shit being so behind on licenses.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

per boston globe "The panel said the current process allows local law enforcement officials too much discretion to determine whether a person is suitable to be granted a license to carry."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/02/03/panel-recommends-that-mass-tighten-gun-laws/YNPQ2JTQtAjoqR9rWHbK2M/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

Here's a great quote - "McDevitt: "Our goal shouldn't be to be better than other states", but to be as good in gun safety as Western Europe""

So no Second Amendment then?

- - - Updated - - -

"All gun says be subject to a background check"

BS they are already.

per boston globe "The panel said the current process allows local law enforcement officials too much discretion to determine whether a person is suitable to be granted a license to carry."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/02/03/panel-recommends-that-mass-tighten-gun-laws/YNPQ2JTQtAjoqR9rWHbK2M/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

Translation: "There are too many green towns"

Here's the link to a summary, GOAL says they'll post a reaction soon.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...JTQtAjoqR9rWHbK2M/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

"It recommended that the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association help define a series of factors that could be used to prohibit “unsuitable persons” from acquiring firearms. The panel said the current process allows local law enforcement officials too much discretion to determine whether a person is suitable to be granted a license to carry."

My prediction is that they will come up with a list of reasons to deny the issuance of an LTC-A, and that discretion in license restrictions will remain unchanged.

Tons of updates directly on Carl's twitter page: https://twitter.com/carlwbz

McDevitt: "Our goal shouldn't be to be better than other states", but to be as good in gun safety as Western Europe
[banghead]

The Committee "recommends the development and implementation of firearms training consistent with existing licensing standards."
What is that supposed to mean? Doesn't implementation of something that already exists mean.... no change?

McDevitt: "We're recommending a public service campaign" for family members of troubled gun owners to take away their gun.
Super, what could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom