• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the real elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. It's not the mental health issues that are the cause. Depressed people don't suddenly go on killing sprees. Autism, by many of its traits, does not cause violent tendencies. But when you put them on these barely-tested drugs with side-effects such as "suicidal thoughts and tendencies", it only makes their behavior issue worse! The common link among all mass shootings going back to Columbine is some sort of mind-altering drug. How long have depression and other mental health issues been around? Forever? Only since we have started heavily medicating the mentally ill have the shootings come about.

Maybe we start actually treating patients like people? And treat their issues with constructive therapy? Rather than just put them on meds to get them out of the office so you can bring in the next source of income?

Well it may be true that anti depressants are overprescribed, there's no evidence that they're linked to mass shootings. Violecnce has gone on as long as humans have existed. In the 1920's someone blew up a school in Michigan. 20 kids died. The shooter in CT had taking no antidepressants or any other medications. That was in the Attorney General of CT report. The problem with blaming anti depressants is that you're not taking in the account with the people it actually helps. In fact, mass shooting are down statistically. Read this from the New York Daily news:

Grant Duwe, a criminologist with the Minnesota Department of Corrections who has written a history of mass murders in America, said that while mass shootings rose between the 1960s and the 1990s, they actually dropped in the 2000s. And mass killings actually reached their peak in 1929, according to his data. He estimates that there were 32 in the 1980s, 42 in the 1990s and 26 in the first decade of the century.

Chances of being killed in a mass shooting, he says, are probably no greater than being struck by lightning.

Still, he understands the public perception — and extensive media coverage — when mass shootings occur in places like malls and schools. "There is this feeling that could have been me. It makes it so much more frightening."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/rise-mass-killings-impact-huge-article-1.1221062

The same day as Sandy Hook some nutjob in Japan went into a school and stabbed 20 kids with a freaking kitchen knife.
A thoundand years ago the Roman empire marched across Europe and killed millions with pointy objects.
So lets put some more useless words on a piece of paper and congratulate ourselves on solving the worlds problems [rolleyes].

Yeah ....mental health.....hmmmm. didnt mini me DP just cut more funding from the DMH so what's that up to now 18-20 mil or so in cuts in the past 5 years or so.
They our elected officials don't give a rats ass about our rights, safety or anything else but there "power " and own self needed ways.
Also if they pass suck BS be sure to see who will be exempt from any such MH record reporting.

I can see them passing the one gun a month club. I can also see them trying to do something with the medical information. I also think that prebans may be a thing of the past. Out of all of these though, its the medical that scares the shit right out of me. That will pretty much mean that they can ban everyone for anything, literally, anything.

No more FTF transfers; all have to go through an FFL will be the only thing that passes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No more FTF transfers; all have to go through an FFL will be the only thing that passes.

that's a pretty big deal if true. It's our only avenue to get non EOPPS/Marsha approved guns.

We're awaiting the release of the report, apparently there is going to be some sort of live event at Northeastern U. They're doing a helluva job keeping it on the DL though. Wonder why?

We're awaiting the release of the report, apparently there is going to be some sort of live event at Northeastern U. They're doing a helluva job keeping it on the DL though. Wonder why?

Looking for a quick vote and don't want to give our side any time to organize?

- - - Updated - - -

This is almost a sure bet IMO. The Dems have been latching onto "Background Checks" as a way to weasel in new restrictions knowing that the average low-information voter supports "Background Checks".

Update, it's going to be released at 1:30 on the Northeastern U campus in the library.

If FTF transactions are shut down for good, I wonder how that will affect those of us with C&R licenses. Obviously it wouldn't make one difference in cases between 2 MA residents since the transfer would have to go through FA10 or FFL either way, but would I still be able to have, say, a C&R pistol shipped to me from an out-of-state seller?

If FTF transactions are shut down for good, I wonder how that will affect those of us with C&R licenses. Obviously it wouldn't make one difference in cases between 2 MA residents since the transfer would have to go through FA10 or FFL either way, but would I still be able to have, say, a C&R pistol shipped to me from an out-of-state seller?

I am ASSUMING that you would still be able to do a Registration only FA10, unless they shut down the EFA10 system, and stop accepting Paper

However I can't see them stopping paper FA10's since the only way you report a sale of a gun to an out of state FFL is by using a paper FA10.

I am ASSUMING that you would still be able to do a Registration only FA10, unless they shut down the EFA10 system, and stop accepting Paper

However I can't see them stopping paper FA10's since the only way you report a sale of a gun to an out of state FFL is by using a paper FA10.

Remember that this is a report, it's not law. Naughton will be releasing a bill any day now that is what we really need to be concerned with.

That said, the Northeastern prof on Deleo's committee told me that the FA10s never get put into a database for tracing guns used in crime. I'm not sure if he was lying or completely misinformed but I've been told be reputable sources that he was wrong on this. I fully expect this report to recommend laws that attempt to solve problems that are already, allegedly, solved by laws we already have.

Unsure if serious. You weren't around GOAL in 1998, but this smells like C. 180 all over again. Put NU in the mix for the "grand announcement" and one can only imagine the horrible things coming out in this report. Being Deleo's baby and he having the power to move anything or kill it, you can bet this one has legs!

Looking for a quick vote and don't want to give our side any time to organize?

This is almost a sure bet IMO. The Dems have been latching onto "Background Checks" as a way to weasel in new restrictions knowing that the average low-information voter supports "Background Checks".

I think you are correct here. Same thing happened with C. 180, no time for legistraitors to actually read it and understand it, with leadership threats if they didn't support it (told to me directly by my State Rep, who was punished for voting No!).

Remember that this is a report, it's not law. Naughton will be releasing a bill any day now that is what we really need to be concerned with.

That said, the Northeastern prof on Deleo's committee told me that the FA10s never get put into a database for tracing guns used in crime. I'm not sure if he was lying or completely misinformed but I've been told be reputable sources that he was wrong on this. I fully expect this report to recommend laws that attempt to solve problems that are already, allegedly, solved by laws we already have.

Your NU prof was full of it. They are scanned in upon receipt. See my comments above wrt the power of Deleo!

Your NU prof was full of it. They are scanned in upon receipt. See my comments above wrt the power of Deleo!

Yeah, and I spoke to a cop who also verified it by saying he can see the list of what I own.

Yeah, and I spoke to a cop who also verified it by saying he can see the list of what I own.
I thought that the serial number wasnt used for registration (although it seems that way). I was under the impression that the list would show you a list of every person that was sold the firearm at some point. So if 4 people owned my gun before i did, that same serial number would show up on all 4 of those people.

Im sure they are gonna say we need a universal licensing standard and shall issue with no restrictions. They will also say the AWB does nothing and should be lifted. To make schools safer they will advise teachers be trained and permitted to carry.

Im just sure of it...

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I thought that the serial number wasnt used for registration (although it seems that way). I was under the impression that the list would show you a list of every person that was sold the firearm at some point. So if 4 people owned my gun before i did, that same serial number would show up on all 4 of those people.

Well, it's just a relational database. So if you do an SQL query (well, the application does this, I'm just saying generically) on someone's LTC # it will bring up all guns associated with that LTC #, whether or not you still own them is irrelevant. So if you bought 150 guns but currently only own 10, all 150 will still show up on the screen the LEO brings up.

ETA: This also assumes, of course, that all your purchases and transfers are recorded into the system. For example, a lot of people had bought guns from a long time ago... and if their records were in the bird poop disaster at CHSB, those records would never have been computerized. It also assumes that CHSB/CJIS actually entered your submission into their computer, EG if you had submitted an FA-10 via paper. Also move-in guns are EXEMPT BY LAW, so if you moved here with 100 firearms before obtaining your LTC, you are not legally obligated to report or register ANY of them, in that narrow circumstance.

-Mike

Last edited:
Kinda confused . If you saw a head doctor and where prescribed some thing like Prozac for depression could they revoke your ltc?

Like when I was a kid I was sent to a shrink when my parents split up , and I have friends that got ltc's that where given Prozac when there parents passed away as teens .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom