Gun Violence Map

Sorry, I will not read, or open anything from a Leftist Gun Banning Group who's sole purpose it to ban the private ownership of guns in this country.

I'm out.

Actually, it proves our point. All the violence that occurs in the Northeast are in the Cities and States with the most gun control. Look at Maine, NH and Vermont,

Last edited:
This map is awesome. It shows very nicely how gun banning is having the exact opposite effect. Massachusetts is not the kumbaya and hippie peace capital of the free world after all.
I agree, this map is really informative and absolutely confirms that “gun violence” is largely confined to geographic locations that correlates with socioeconomic demographics. I like that it links to the news article of the associated incident, although the articles are dated - most list the vic and the perp info.

If you were thinking of moving to a new location, this heat map is another tool to use when evaluating a new neighborhood

map includes officer involved shootings, I guess that passes for gun violence when you have an agenda

They are marked, though.

Also, I looked for 2 known suicides in recent history and this map had neither so if they are leaving out suicide that's actually a major shift for them when it comes to distorting this data. If that's the case (I don't know if it is, I am only privy to ones I know of directly) than it's a big step up from the normal game they play.

They are marked, though.

Also, I looked for 2 known suicides in recent history and this map had neither so if they are leaving out suicide that's actually a major shift for them when it comes to distorting this data. If that's the case (I don't know if it is, I am only privy to ones I know of directly) than it's a big step up from the normal game they play.
The omission of suicides may be just a data gap, as I was checking one town that did have a death and when I opened the link it did indicate a suicide (in the summary and news article)

Not that I think that invalidates the heat map, it is for incidents that involve a firearm and I am fine with it as long as it is consistent in reporting (i.e., no data exclusion in the name of equity)

The omission of suicides may be just a data gap, as I was checking one town that did have a death and when I opened the link it did indicated suicide (in the summary and news article)

Not that I think that invalidates the heat map, it is for incidents that involve a firearm and I am fine with it as long as it is consistent in reporting (i.e., no data exclusion in the name of equity)

I do know from personal experience that suicides regardless of method are usually hidden from the media in some capacity. I'm not sure how they get out (they usually do), but there's either an agreement between local news and the police of the reports are sent off somewhere else and a little harder to get.

I say that because we'd sadly see suicide reasonably often and it was literally never in the news as such unless it was a major event (murder suicide/etc).

I do know from personal experience that suicides regardless of method are usually hidden from the media in some capacity. I'm not sure how they get out (they usually do), but there's either an agreement between local news and the police of the reports are sent off somewhere else and a little harder to get.

I say that because we'd sadly see suicide reasonably often and it was literally never in the news as such unless it was a major event (murder suicide/etc).
I remember when I was a kid they would simply say 'he shot himself while he was cleaning his gun' I'm not saying I like that but that was the norm. People didn't have to broadcast everyone else's business back then.

I remember when I was a kid they would simply say 'he shot himself while he was cleaning his gun' I'm not saying I like that but that was the norm. People didn't have to broadcast everyone else's business back then.

The ones I saw didn't even have that. Occasionally the catch-nothing "died unexpectedly" is used. However a lot of them had zero mentions. I can think of one that was in a very prominent spot that was visible for hours to the public that took a considerable amount of resources to get down due to the extremely difficult location of the body. I can't recall any mention of that anywhere after the fact.

And you're right, people really don't need to have it broadcasted. I certainly never had a problem with it. People are already to far up each others asses.

Looks like a direct correlation between violence and urban centers. Where you will also find low socioeconomic status, fatherless homes, and gang activity. It’s almost like guns aren’t the root cause of violence, it’s much deeper.
You don't say! Brilliant!!

They are marked, though.

From the article:

“The map offers an incomplete picture of gun violence in the United States. Gun suicides, which make up the majority of firearm deaths, are not included because GVA only tracks them in aggregate. (Murder-suicides are included.) Incidents of gun violence for which GVA lacks precise location information have also been excluded.”

Looks like a direct correlation between violence and urban centers. Where you will also find low socioeconomic status, fatherless homes, and gang activity. It’s almost like guns aren’t the root cause of violence, it’s much deeper.

Or…By showing that the heavy concentration of violent crime and shootings is largely dependent on the socioeconomic status of said hood, it paints a picture for their needs of clear and sustained white privilege. They can then present those findings to the local constabulary and argue to speed up the housing delays in bringing the hood into your backyard so they can spread out the violence in the name of equity.

Just moving the pawns around a little. These MF’s don’t do anything by accident anymore.

The people who spent a huge amount of time and effort making this graphical data system must be anguished that it’s all but useless in the post-Bruen world, where interest-balancing (rational-basis & intermediate scrutiny) has no bearing anymore. Body-counts without historical analogs are just noise now.

map includes officer involved shootings, I guess that passes for gun violence when you have an agenda
I think it is gun violence. If the officer is not convicted of a crime, I consider it legal gun violence.

If we get rid of all the gun violence, most of us would need to learn another language. (Depending on who takes over)

They are marked, though.

I don't think they are. Clicked on the one red dot in Kingston MA between 2020-2022. It says "murder suicide", the second line says "suicide^"

But there is something not working in the map.

Example: go to Roslindale, look at all. Then look at each category, you will see a lot of dots missing. For example when looking all between Roslindale and Forest Hills, there are over 20 dots (2017 - 2022). When looking at child involved = 0, officer = 2, accidental = 0, mass shooting = 1 .... so, what's up with that?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some junk included in the data or the filters are set up wrong.

Wow, what a revelation that most shootings are in the inner city; I never would have guessed! Mostly in democrap controlled cities, no less.

It's also funny how states where almost everyone has a gun have virtually no crime! Whoa!

I really wish the goal of these heat maps would be to reduce all violence, not gun violence. Reduce murders, not gun murders. God forbid they actually look at what drives the human being to commit atrocities instead of blaming the inanimate tool used.

You forgot mail-in ballots, democratic strongholds and sanctuary cities. There are 36 households on my street. All are armed, and there have been zero shootings on this street since it's development in 1968. Guns aren't the problem... Ask a rapist why he raped. Guarantee you the answer isn't: "because I have a d***"

Back
Top Bottom