Gun Violence email from JPKIII

[URL="https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqextranet/iqClickTrk.aspx?&cid=MA04JK&crop=14362.6146678.5179800.7169712&report_id=&redirect=http%3a%2f%2fhouse.gov%2f&redir_log=913103559399117"]I get one of these emails every week. Usually I just delete but I was having a crap day today so I had to reply.
Dear Mr. MacInnes,

Thank you for contacting me about gun violence legislation. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue and am glad to have the opportunity to respond.
With the tragic gun violence from Charleston to Orlando, I believe it is more important than ever for us to engage in a serious conversation about how our nation can protect our children and communities from the horrors of gun violence while recognizing the rights provided by the Second Amendment. I hope that we can work together, on both sides of the aisle and across all states, backgrounds, and beliefs, to put an end to the epidemic of gun violence.

In the wake of the recent Orlando shooting, my Democratic colleagues and I staged a sit-in on the Floor of the House of Representatives from June 22, 2016 to June 23, 2016 to demand a vote on gun violence prevention legislation. For 26 straight hours, we fought for the countless American families harmed by gun violence. Congress holds in its hand the unique ability to help ensure others are spared similar tragedy.

In the 114thCongress, I have cosponsored legislation that would eliminate loopholes in the criminal background check system for firearms purchases, including H.R. 3411, the Fix Gun Checks Act of 2015. This bill would extend background checks to all commercial gun sales and limit firearm access for criminals and individuals with a history of violent mental illness. I also have cosponsored H.R. 752, the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, with exceptions for law enforcement agencies. These bills are all before the House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations for further consideration.

With the failure of Congress to take the lead on commonsense gun safety legislation, the President announced a series of executive actions focused on gun violence in January 2016. The Administration will strengthen the capabilities of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) to conduct background checks and close legal loopholes for the purchase of dangerous weapons, while requesting funding for 200 new ATF agents. It also will introduce new strategies to improve the tracking of lost or stolen firearms and improve coordination with local and state efforts to maintain criminal history records. The executive actions will promote new research into gun safety technology and revisit our systems of mental health determinations in gun background checks to ensure individuals in need of treatment have access to comprehensive mental health services instead of firearms.

I recognize that our country has a strong tradition of responsible gun ownership which I believe in and respect. However, we cannot stand by as more innocent families and communities suffer from gun violence. I will certainly keep your views in mind should any legislation regarding this issue come before me in the U.S. House of Representatives for a vote.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me; I am honored to represent the constituents of the Fourth District of Massachusetts. Please feel free to call or write my office with future questions or concerns. Additionally, I invite you to visit my website at www.kennedy.house.gov or follow me on Facebook to learn more about my work at home and in Washington.

All my best,

qW93Z4EMdyKvhrHDPlYcY9y76IpG_u2SLMcxyTRFzGk1-OXjZv0W95xC4RprDxgK0_eE2JhyH_zrOu8Szkcg5exHSgKFXnRWu5Ed46rzs76j3Whp63IGlou0C6YFuw=s0-d-e1-ft

Joseph P. Kennedy
Member of Congress

[/URL]Dear Mr. Kennedy,

I appreciate you sending me an automated email that you put zero effort into. You are contacting me for support on an unconstitutional matter. "Gun Violence Bill"??? Really? How many gun deaths occur in MA everyday? How many of those are committed by legal gun owners?? I hope you someday wander into a library, stumble upon a dictionary, and look up the word 'infringement'.

Never contact me again you oath-breaking, unconstitutional, sad excuse for a Congressman.

Sincerely,

Legal AR15 owner

I get the same from this worthless piece of trash. I always right back and ask the question, "what's more dangerous, a loaded gun or a loaded Kennedy?" He never responds. I always give him my phone number and tell him to call me about it if he has the balls. He never calls.

I got lucky one parade and was able to flip him off as he walked by, he never came over to talk to me about why I gave him the bird. I guess I'm to deplorable for him to talk too.

I'm embarrassed to have him represent me, and I tell him that in my response letters.

I called his office after i received the letter.
Is it me or do all the asswipe politicians send the emails at the same time. I always seem to get one from Lizzie, JPK and others within a day or 2 of each other.

I bet that POS probably didn't even write his own letter, sounds like some generic boilerplate anti gun letter some staffer wrote.

-Mike

I called his office after i received the letter.
Is it me or do all the asswipe politicians send the emails at the same time. I always seem to get one from Lizzie, JPK and others within a day or 2 of each other.
Probably use a constant contact type deal

He is my Representative as well. I got uninvited to a campaign "Private Meeting" when the host recognized my name as the guy who use to take his kid to range when he was a part of the local scout troop. I was planning to give him this picture:

Kennedy guns.jpg

Or maybe this one:
View attachment 177137

Is it me or are they getting dumber and less qualified each generation? JFK and RFK at least did something.

Probably use a constant contact type deal

It's because these attacks on our rights are often well coordinated, all set up by the same cabal of antis.... "The Timing is Intentional" would be putting it mildly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait until 2018 when he beats Lieawatha in the senate primary to take back the "Kennedy" seat.

Not happening unless Lieawatha gets sucked up by the *shudder* clinton administration. Dems like their little anointment system and also empire building because accreting seniority in the senate pays big dividends, namely being able to control the seat basically forever because of the pork situation. Not to mention committee positions and other pecking order things in the senate. A bunch of wretched senators (think, Robert Byrd, etc. ) keep their seats for a long ass time because of their seniority and ability to accrue pork. If they were going to anoint JPK they would have done it already instead of lieawatha.

-Mike

Dave Rosa is running against him. I received the same E-mail from JPK. Here is his response to me asking him about the 2A and Maura Healy's action.

I fully support our natural right, recognized by the U.S. Constitution,
to have the means to protect and defend ourselves from tyranny in all of
its awful forms. Maura Healy's assault on our freedoms and rights
cancels her once legitimate place in our state government. Any effort to
encourage her departure would be legitimate in my eyes. More over, our
tolerance of these actions have served to embolden her and others. It is
long past time to vigorously encourage her to resign. In fact, she
should be made an example of. Its was not right that ripped this nation
from the King of England but brutal might of arms.

I hope you have found my views worth your time and attention.

Back
Top Bottom