Gun Traffic Arrest , Tewksbury

Last Thursday night my helper's friend got arrested in Boston for selling an AK shorty to an ATF Officer. Apparently it was not the first time he did it & he's now facing 30 years or so.
I haven't heard a damn thing about it on the news, & it's been almost a week.
Dumb kid had no clue about the laws & totally screwed himself..

Last Thursday night my helper's friend got arrested in Boston for selling an AK shorty to an ATF Officer. Apparently it was not the first time he did it & he's now facing 30 years or so.
I haven't heard a damn thing about it on the news, & it's been almost a week.
Dumb kid had no clue about the laws & totally screwed himself..

Kid probably thought he lived in America.

If he was a minority criminal, he'd already be out of jail.

Kid probably thought he lived in America.

If he was a minority criminal, he'd already be out of jail.

Like the guy in WI ? 55 (iirc) straw purchases with a fake i.d. pled guilty to one count and sentenced to probation. If obama had a son...

There is no longer such a thing as a "Good" Federal Agent. They will go out of their way to create violators. If something feels fishing, it most likely is. If some one wants you to bring something to another state to sell, tell them "no" you come here, Also even after they do, they take it with them, you do not deliver it.

There have been a few ATF types that tried to corral the corruption, but they typically get sent to tinbuck 5 and forced into quitting, more or less. The "whistleblower protection" BS in fed law is a complete and total joke.

-Mike

So the Feds and a local PD were working for over a month to convince an honest person into doing something he wouldn't have otherwise, something that is perfectly legal in his home state, but to do it just over an arbitrary border, for the sole purpose of making him into a criminal and destroying a family. Heroes. And people still wonder why I don't think much of police.

Rarely do I agree with you but you are right this time. This is complete horseshit. America is dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I nearly pooped my self lol. It must of looked like a drug deal since I handed him the code red lower in a paper bag and he handed me cash lol.

I feel like this anytime I buy/sell a gun or ammo FTF. I'm obviously not doing anything wrong but all it takes is one sh*tbag to ruin your day thinking they're saving the neighborhood.

It would eventually get cleared up but I could do without the hassle or possibility of getting shot by some petrified rookie seeing me show the potential buyer his handgun.

If some one wants you to bring something to another state to sell, tell them "no" you come here, Also even after they do, they take it with them, you do not deliver it.
The more cautious would simply refuse to knowingly sell to an out of state resident.

The more cautious would simply refuse to knowingly sell to an out of state resident.

He could have thought he was selling to a NH resident.
The article stated that he "eventually" agreed to meet in Tewksbury. Maybe they had planned to meet in NH for a NH sale but the ATF agent somehow convinced him to cross the line just a tad into MA.

Either way it doesn't sound fair to the seller.

When you think about it. What did he really do? He cross an imaginary line with a bunch of metal. You say I'm an outlaw you say I'm a thief so here's a Christmas dinner for families on relief. It ain't me babe no no no, it ain't me your looking for. You follow?

When you think about it. What did he really do? He cross an imaginary line with a bunch of metal. You say I'm an outlaw you say I'm a thief so here's a Christmas dinner for families on relief. It ain't me babe no no no, it ain't me your looking for. You follow?

Well, you see, morality and right and wrong are dependent on arbitrary lines drawn by groups of people declaring they are "governments". Morality also changes over time too, for the same actions. Until recently, I was committing a felony by commuting to MA with pepper spray on me, and I was a bad person. Now, I'm suddenly not a bad person. But, I was always a good person while carrying it in NH. But, a gun, no I'm always a bad person if I have anything to do with one across this border a few miles south of me. But, good person right where I am now, even though my intentions in both places were the same (that being, defend myself with it if necessary and never initiate force against anyone.)

Yeah.... I don't get it either. Government is a giant illusion and I don't like it.

Gosh, you know, your concepts are very interesting. Unfortunately for you, the line you crossed is real and Maura made that bunch of metal illegal....

The guy was selling guns in Mass which is illegal PERIOD! Like it or not that is their state and the federal law. There was no trap as he knew what he was doing was illegal and no one forced him into selling the guns or selling the guns in mass. I hope the money he thought to get for selling those weapons was worth all the time in jail and fines he will get. He could have sold them to a NH resident... no problem....he could have sold them on gun broker or a NH gun shop, no problem. But he chose to be greedy and try to get the max amount of money by selling them illegally out of state. I have zero sympathy for someone this stupid and he is paying the price for his stupidity.

The guy was selling guns in Mass which is illegal PERIOD! Like it or not that is their state and the federal law. There was no trap as he knew what he was doing was illegal and no one forced him into selling the guns or selling the guns in mass. I hope the money he thought to get for selling those weapons was worth all the time in jail and fines he will get. He could have sold them to a NH resident... no problem....he could have sold them on gun broker or a NH gun shop, no problem. But he chose to be greedy and try to get the max amount of money by selling them illegally out of state. I have zero sympathy for someone this stupid and he is paying the price for his stupidity.

The above is exactly how tyranny amasses power. Sheep bleeting about how they agree with unjust laws.

Lol so you love it when we waste taxpayer money to arrest people for victimless crimes? that's why this country is in the shitter it's in, because of this HURR DURR stuff.

-Mike

...Wow. This guy had been trying to sell his guns for a bit, but no one was interested. The 'try to get max money' comment is so far off base. He kept getting what he felt was lowballed. He was going through a very tough time. The article mentions he was trying to feed his family and was selling his guns to make ends meet. I was on a few of the Facebook pages he was on. This wasn't a put it up one day, get busted the next. The 'investigation' took a month. That tells me he probably said no a few times, or like someone said, they probably coerced him into crossing the border.

He made a bad decision, but I don't fault him for it. He tried to do things the right way, but when you need cash, sometimes people take big risks. But a guy selling his property getting busted for it? I can't see how that is deserved.

Appeal to authority, the worst type of argument. It's not even really an argument, it's just plain stupid, and shows a genuinely lack of individual moral conviction. In this case it also shows a disdain for freedom, in the form a free market/trade. How dare he sell something a better price!

Lol so you love it when we waste taxpayer money to arrest people for victimless crimes? that's why this country is in the shitter it's in, because of this HURR DURR stuff.

-Mike

I don't know where you get off saying "I love it" that the guy was arrested, has a family and is in jail. I don't and like you I don't like the gun laws either! My point was that there is an unjust reality that exist concerning the sales of guns in this country. If you do want to sell guns you better be damn well aware of what the laws are that exist otherwise the police and the feds will arrest your ass in a heart beat.

This guy was 29 years old...he was no kid! I assume that if he had the intelligence to buy the guns he tried to sell, he was aware of the State of Mass and their screwed up antigun laws. I am sure he was aware that selling his guns in Mass was illegal and if caught he would be arrested and sent to jail.
He wanted the max money he could get in a hurry , took a risk and lost. A Unfortunately with ignorance and stupidity you still pay the piper for you actions. Y

I agree with you the country is in the shitter. Because of "HURR DURR stuff" as you seem to think????? I only wish it was only that simple! Over the top government regulation in every aspect of our lives, people not being/taking responsible for their actions...society believing that they are "owed" everything without earning it, and the majority of people believing that the "state" knows what best for them and how they should lives their lives. THAT is why this country is in the shitter!

Last lee about your comment about "victimless crime" I'm curious what your position is on selling your guns to anyone, regardless of them being a criminal / terrorist / mentally problems? Your only selling a gun. Is your position "what they do with it is none your business concern as long as you get a good deal money wise?' Just curious as you feel that this was/is a victimless crime...

Appeal to authority, the worst type of argument. It's not even really an argument, it's just plain stupid, and shows a genuinely lack of individual moral conviction. In this case it also shows a disdain for freedom, in the form a free market/trade. How dare he sell something a better price!

LOL.. I wasn't an argument, it was a plain statement of fact.

I know what I've done to support freedom in this country so what you think, I really don't care!

Stand up for your rights Bonesinium and show us your actions reflecting those individual moral convictions you speak so highly of!

I applaud your stance and position.

So tell me when YOU intent to go to Mass and sell some guns!

(I hear you can get some REALLY great $$$$$ money at a better price selling guns in Mass!)

Last edited:
this guy was a janitor at a local manufacturing company, tryied selling his guns at Collectable Arms in Merrimack where they made a "reasonable" offer CAs words not mine. my guess is he was looking for at least a grand for both guns and the ammo and he had been getting low balled.

Interesting post...
I've sold a few guns over the past 15 years in NH and I've always thought my guns were worth much more than the guns shops would offer.
From the picture I saw, I don't think any gun shop would have bought those used guns for $1000.They are nothing special and as for the ammo, most of the gun shops I visit don't buy preowned ammo because of liability issues.(heck even in walmart they have a posted sign that you cannot return ammo you purchased from them)

Given that there is about 14 different gun shops in 30 radius from Milford, I am sure he went to each shop to find the best quote and found Collectable the most reasonable (highest) offer he got. My guess is when they informed him that they don't buy ammo, he decided to head off in a different direction to try and get more money than what the NH gun shops would offer him for the complete "package".

LOL.. I wasn't an argument, it was a plain statement of fact.

It was not a plain statement of fact. You interjected your opinion as to why you thought it to be okay to be arrested for that. The opinion was formed on the sole justification of that it was illegal. But you are right, it isn't an argument. I even said appealing to authority isn't.

So tell me when YOU intent to go to Mass and sell some guns!

You are indeed on a role with poorly thought out and terrible quasi-arguments. This is again, among the worse. As if you cannot support people, actions, positions, and rights unless you yourself, in this case, perform the same action? That is laughably absurd. I support people's rights to do all sorts of things I don't personally do. If I had to guess, I bet you do as well. Yet here you are trying to suggest otherwise.

It is a sad state of affairs when law enforcement takes advantage of people that they know are hurting and trying to do their best to keep their head above water.

It is one thing to try and prevent someone from selling guns to organized crime or drug dealers, but is an entirely different story to lock someone up after you convince them to drive over the border to sell guns in order to feed his kids.

Yeah, the guy screwed up. No doubt. But I truly feel for his family. They have a Dad who was willing to sell his most prized possessions to make ends meet. He could have just as easily put on a ski mask and robbed a bank, or a liquor store, but he didn't. And now his family is 100 times worse off than they were before he gave in to the temptation of crossing a border to get a better price.

But what is most disturbing is the way the Feds targeted this guy. They looked for someone who they knew was down and out and then spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to ruin his life, knowing full well the harm it would do to his family. At some point, the agent in charge decided that rather than go after real criminals, that he would create one, because it was easy to prey on a desperate man. It was lazy, predatory and despicable.

you all seem to be assuming this guy KNEW the laws. maybe he did not? there are a lot of people who think the local law is what it is all over the country. You see that once in a while when some cowboy gets caught trying to bring his loaded handgun onto a plane, and says "what, that is against the law????"

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 6.17.04 AM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom