• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun-toting boys from Brazil

Hopefully this isn't a dupe. I've always wanted to visit Brazil. [thinking]

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7043223.ece

Rio_3__690616a.jpg

A boy steps boldly into the night traffic and waves a gun to bring the cars to a halt, clearing a path for a motorcycle which screeches into the intersection. Riding pillion is another boy, brandishing a machinegun.

Later two teenagers, also riding pillion on motorbikes, flash their guns at other motorists; nearby, a boy can be seen taking aim with a rifle equipped with a telescopic sight. Other youths wander the street smoking crack.

Add "Gun Control" to the long list of other stellar successes Brazil achieved, such as:

1. Control of inflation;

2. Environmental Protection; and

3. Free participation if the political process.

It should be interesting in 2 years when they host the olympics... For the world cup they can get away with stuff, this won't fly if it gets on the news.

Just watched City of God. If the movie is an accurate representation of the slums of Brazil........Holy crap I am thankful as hell I live the life I live.

Kidnapping and robbery on the highways have become very popular over the past ten to fifteen years in Brasil especially in and around Rio and Sao Paulo.

Don't have to got THAT far - check out the kidnappings in Mexico City, where even the traffic cops have M-16s.

For that matter, you don't need to leave the country. The Mexican crime culture has oozed North in Arizona, bringing the kidnapping gangs with it.

Just watched City of God. If the movie is an accurate representation of the slums of Brazil........Holy crap I am thankful as hell I live the life I live.

Good flick. It is based on a true story, taking place in the 60's. I believe it is an accurate representation of the slums at that time. Not too sure about present time though.

Back
Top Bottom