Gun Tax?

I have no idea if any of the following statement is true, but I have received this e-mail from 4 different people in the "Know" so I am a little concerned. If this has any truth to it is the first steps toward registration on all firearms which will than lead as we all know confiscation. Tying the IRS into it is an even more of a kick in the pants. Lie to the IRS and tell them you only have 2 guns, and then they are up your ass with a microscope looking at tax returns for the past 20 years.
I will apologize in advance if this topic has already been beat to death but I needed to vent a little, after Obama BS session last night, I am starting to see the zombies at the gate

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

The bill was introduced on Feb. 24th and will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law.. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all..

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage

You can find it by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. http://ron.dotson.net/guns/sb2099.htm

Senate bills are never given a prefix of SB. They only start with S and most of the hoaxes use SB. Also, the House uses HR, so anything else there would probably raise red flags. Glad you found the truth though since this particular myth seems to be picking up steam again. Listen to Tom Gresham's Guntalk and it comes up almost every week. (podcast available at guntalk.com since there is no local radio broadcast here. I think the show is also on XM and Sirius)

I got a call from a friend, checked it out, figuring it was old.

Sponsored in Feb 2000 by Sen Reed (D-RI), cosponsors Sen Lautenberg and "Up Chuck the Schmuck" Schumer.

Action taken? Introduced to Finance Committee and read twice.

That's it.

That came from the Thomas, Library of Congress website, so it's official as it gets.

Yeah - this is working it's way around the internet. I have gotten a few emails from people I know asking whether this is true or not.

The emails also mention Blair-Holt and and H-45.

Back
Top Bottom