Gun Stores Can Open

+++

I don't think there is much ammo left in the local shops to be bought. [thinking]
Definitely not true if you can get a hens tooth (appointment at Four Seasons). Just be considerate and don't consume a slot someone else could use unless you are buying enough to make it worth your 15 minute slot. Think cases, not boxes. Four sales per hour is borderline "worth it to keep open" and it would be a shame to see shops close because slots were used up on low value sales. Keep those stores open by using slots wisely.

Anything stopping MA FFLs from providing home delivery? Thinking customers fill out form and make purchase online. Then FFL does BGC, prints out forms, loads up truck, and gets signature when delivers firearm

Surprisingly unbiased coming from the Globe...

Obviously not approved by the AG Office before print, the paper will be bitch slapped in the near future for not toeing the line.

She will walk all over the 1st and 2nd Amendments whenever it is convenient for her agenda.

Anything stopping MA FFLs from providing home delivery? Thinking customers fill out form and make purchase online. Then FFL does BGC, prints out forms, loads up truck, and gets signature when delivers firearm
Yes there is. Sales must be sold at premises.

Has anyone else trying to pick up something today been delayed? First time ever for me

I’d prefer to be picking it up today, but I’m in line behind the people who ordered before me. There are a lot. I’m glad the demand is as strong as it is. Gun owners making their voices heard with the $$$.

I’d prefer to be picking it up today, but I’m in line behind the people who ordered before me. There are a lot. I’m glad the demand is as strong as it is. Gun owners making their voices heard with the $$$.

I think it was probably due to volume of transactions but part of me thinks the state is throttling down the background checks on purpose

I think it was probably due to volume of transactions but part of me thinks the state is throttling down the background checks on purpose

Ah, I misunderstood. Thought you were delayed getting an appointment.

I had already thought of background check delays being a possibility today. I wouldn’t put anything past them at this point.

Appointments will take some time to get used to. The vast majority of the times I'm in a gun shop was because I happened to "be the area" and walk in with no plans of buying anything... next thing you know I'm driving home thinking about the various ways to hide the new purchase from the wife.

Appointments will take some time to get used to. The vast majority of the times I'm in a gun shop was because I happened to "be the area" and walk in with no plans of buying anything... next thing you know I'm driving home thinking about the various ways to hide the new purchase from the wife.
i witnessed a couple today talking about her AR build as well as what she needed to start reloading i need to find a lady like that [rofl]

The good ol days

FWIW... an ATF agent told me that’s how most guns are bought.

Other than the part-time one-person shops in your mill, these stipulations (ALL of which were presented by the AG) make a business untenable. ....
So ironic, because one of the functions of an AG is to be there for individuals and businesses needing help.

Ah, I misunderstood. Thought you were delayed getting an appointment.

I had already thought of background check delays being a possibility today. I wouldn’t put anything past them at this point.
Somebody on the database is doing this:
giphy.gif

Definitely not true if you can get a hens tooth (appointment at Four Seasons). Just be considerate and don't consume a slot someone else could use unless you are buying enough to make it worth your 15 minute slot. Think cases, not boxes. Four sales per hour is borderline "worth it to keep open" and it would be a shame to see shops close because slots were used up on low value sales. Keep those stores open by using slots wisely.
Are you telling me that making an appointment to pick up a box of CB Shorts would be frowned upon?

The good ol days
Yep. I look back with nostalgia at those "good old days" (last year) when you could just stroll into a shop, spot something interesting in the display case, make an offer and (hopefully) head home with a new prize. [thumbsup]

Appointments? To browse? NOT gonna work. ☹

Back
Top Bottom