Gun Stores Can Open

Which stores are open? I am in Andover, MA and looking to purchase my first gun. Just got my LTC today

Friendly word of advice: don't go to a gun store the very day they open up after an eight or so week hiatus. There's going to be a rush of people trying to get transfers out, new transfers done, new sales of people in a rush to buy a gun, and guys like you who are just getting into this.

If you really need a gun now, order one from an online vendor and have it shipped to your local FFL. That will at least hopefully ensure that you get what you want and you won't be staring at the counter in confusion.

Anyways, congrats Mass guys! Now go spend money [laugh]

Already being discussed over here.

Last edited:
Which stores are open? I am in Andover, MA and looking to purchase my first gun. Just got my LTC today
Friendly word of advice: don't go to a gun store the very day they open up after an eight or so week hiatus. There's going to be a rush of people trying to get transfers out, new transfers done, new sales of people in a rush to buy a gun, and guys like you who are just getting into this.

If you really need a gun now, order one from an online vendor and have it shipped to your local FFL. That will at least hopefully ensure that you get what you want and you won't be staring at the counter in confusion.

Anyways, congrats Mass guys! Now go spend money [laugh]
Appointment only means there's no risk of that.

@sam_t - if you know what you want, I would start calling around to shops and see who 1) has what you want and 2) has time to sell it to you. If nobody has what you want, then do what @C. Stockwell says above.
If you are still in the learning stages, I would do a ton of research now, so you can get yourself down to a couple choices that you can fondle in person, then do the above.

Excellent news, but see my post below.

Hopefully ranges next!!

Golf courses just opened, no reason ranges can't open as well.

The restrictions/guidelines that were put in place though are over the top, and I'm sure they were intended to discourage players.

I have no doubt we can expect the same or worse when the ranges are opened up.

fAQ GUIDANCE FROM MASS.GOV WEBSITE

Golf courses are not essential businesses and cannot have employees working on-premise. Notwithstanding this restriction, essential services, such as groundskeeping to avoid hazardous conditions and security, provided by employees, contractors, or vendors are permitted. Private operator of courses may permit individuals access to the property so long as there are no gatherings of any kind, appropriate social distancing of six feet between individuals is strictly followed, and the business operator and golfers abide by the specific guidelines for golf courses.

Municipalities may decide to open municipal courses under these guidelines, if they so choose.

Guidelines for Golfers AND COURSES

• Security personnel can be delineated by each club (ex. A pro and the head starter) and will be present to enforce social distancing. There can be no other employees working at the recreational component of the golf operation.
  • All staff must wear face coverings while on property.
  • Course facilities including but not limited to the clubhouse, golf shop, restaurant, bag room and locker room must remain closed.
  • No caddies allowed.
  • No golf carts allowed.
  • Push carts may be used. Players must either carry their own bag or use a push cart.
  • All golfers must maintain proper social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
  • Groups of players are restricted to no more than 4 players at one time.
  • Members-only clubs can allow guests as determined by the security personnel on the golf course.
  • Private clubs that allow non-members to make reservations can do so at their discretion.
  • Maintenance personnel are permitted to work on the golf course.
  • Tee Time Policy must be 15 minutes between groups.
  • Golfers must stay in their car until 15 minutes before their tee time and must return to their car immediately following play.
  • Online and remote payment options must be utilized.
  • All golfers must use their own golf clubs. Sharing golf clubs or rental golf clubs is not allowed.
  • Flagsticks must remain in the hole. Hole liners must be raised so picking a ball out of the hole doesn’t occur.
  • Bunker rakes must be removed, and ball washers must be removed or covered.
  • Practice putting green, driving range, and chipping areas must be closed.
  • Facilities must have readily accessible hand sanitizer.

Welcome aboard!

I'd recommend Shawsheen Firearms, one of the plaintiff's in this case, they're just off rt3 in Billerica, but there's a fair amount of FFL's in Littleton as well.

They're not open till this Saturday the 9th and there are restrictions such as by appointment. So don't rush to the store. Call them first.

Wow, this is great news! First the golf courses, and now this. Its all starting to crumble!

My question is, though, about the ranges...Technically, the Board of Health in the town where my club is shut us down. How do we get around THAT if the judge opens up the ranges??

Glocks are specifically challenging in MA. There are ways to get them, but other than private sale or Gen 2, you're unlikely to learn how on a public forum...

I just called a place and they said they can't sell anything later than gen 2. Is that what you're referring to? I thought gen 5 was on the approved list. Are people ordering them out-of-state and picking them up?

Notice how the Boston Globe said NOTHING about this yet :)

I wish I could have seen the look on Baker's face when the ruling came down.

Can't wait to see the news tonight - I am sure the Sheep will be interviewed saying they fear for their lives now!

I just called a place and they said they can't sell anything later than gen 2. Is that what you're referring to? I thought gen 5 was on the approved list. Are people ordering them out-of-state and picking them up?
There are countless threads on the topic here and elsewhere. I'm going to give the short version, you'll have to find the rest on your own. In short: yes and no.

In addition to the EOPSS list, the AG has the power to deem the sale of certain items to be unsafe. In their infinite wisdom (obligatory: Hi, Maura), Glocks are one such item. As a result, it is considered "an unfair and deceptive business practice" to sell a complete Glock firearm newer than the second generation models to folks in MA who are not law enforcement professionals.

There are ways around this. For a person who doesn't know and can't find them, I strongly recommend looking in the classifieds for a private sale.

Back
Top Bottom