• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Stores Can Open

I just called a place and they said they can't sell anything later than gen 2. Is that what you're referring to? I thought gen 5 was on the approved list. Are people ordering them out-of-state and picking them up?

Don't get confused by "the list". Just know that when it comes to Glocks what's on the list and what is allowed to be sold in MA are different. It's been a thorn in gun owners sides for a LONG time now. Suffice it to say you can buy Gen 1 and 2 Glocks from a gun store. They are technically legal to sell. Gen 2.5 and above are not legal for them to sell. Any handgun you buy out of state will need to come to an in state FFL to be transferred to you. Whether they will or won't transfer a newer generation glock is between you and that FFL. Don't be surprised if most say they won't. There are some of the newer glocks around for sale. You can always find one or two for sale in the classifieds, but you will pay a premium for them. For a first gun, you can buy from someone directly through an EFA-10 process face to face.

Notice how the Boston Globe said NOTHING about this yet :)

Yes they did...about three hours ago:

Frank

Does anybody know if the ruling extends to firing ranges? (Amazing how fast this post generated into a discussion of "why can't I buy a Gen3 Glock in MA"?

Also, who brought the case - GOA is reporting on it, but who put the legwork in? GOA or...?

nevermind :)

Also, who brought the case - GOA is reporting on it, but who put the legwork in? GOA or...?

nevermind :)
There are two cases that were heard in parallel. The GOA case is Cedrone. Comm2A et al. brought the McCarthy case.

Overall the attorney for the McCarthy case, Jensen, did most of the talking and a fantastic job. Less would be said of the attorney for Cedrone.

The judge worked with what he was presented, which brought us to his order today. (Aside: based on the responses seen here, I'm reminded that many had less experience with childhood disappointment than was common in my household.)

The cases need to continue WRT gun clubs and final decisions based on the facts. Today's decision is not precedent. it is a step on a long journey.

Last edited:
Friendly word of advice: don't go to a gun store the very day they open up after an eight or so week hiatus. There's going to be a rush of people trying to get transfers out, new transfers done, new sales of people in a rush to buy a gun, and guys like you who are just getting into this.

If you really need a gun now, order one from an online vendor and have it shipped to your local FFL. That will at least hopefully ensure that you get what you want and you won't be staring at the counter in confusion.

Anyways, congrats Mass guys! Now go spend money [laugh]
Good advice. just to add, you could also try one of the many local FFLs in littleton, or the classifieds. Assuming you already know what you want.

Don't get confused by "the list". Just know that when it comes to Glocks what's on the list and what is allowed to be sold in MA are different. It's been a thorn in gun owners sides for a LONG time now. Suffice it to say you can buy Gen 1 and 2 Glocks from a gun store. They are technically legal to sell. Gen 2.5 and above are not legal for them to sell. Any handgun you buy out of state will need to come to an in state FFL to be transferred to you. Whether they will or won't transfer a newer generation glock is between you and that FFL. Don't be surprised if most say they won't. There are some of the newer glocks around for sale. You can always find one or two for sale in the classifieds, but you will pay a premium for them. For a first gun, you can buy from someone directly through an EFA-10 process face to face.
This Post ^ alone should be a 'sticky'...

Never any mention of the gun shop owners needing to feed their families, pay their employees, pay their creditors, taxes, insurance, etc. just like other stores. Because the liberal Mass democrats hate guns, gun owners, and gun shops. May the rotten bastards fry in hell. Just my take. Jack.

Last edited:
Surprisingly unbiased coming from the Globe...

Surprisingly unbiased coming from the Globe...

Those comments are really something.

Back
Top Bottom